Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I feel so sad and sorry for top draft picks who have been
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,779

I feel so sad and sorry for top draft picks who have been

Jan 6, 2021, 3:52 PM

winners their whole lives and hardly ever lost a game. Now they go off to the worst teams in the NFL. How do they cope with being a loser? I don’t see how they can do it. They must have the ultimate of self confidence to persevere. Look at Deshaun- he has spent his entire career running from dlines because his oline can’t block squat. What a waste of talent. Someone is going to say that they get paid a gazillion dollars to be there and that that makes up for it. I don’t know about that.
Any thoughts?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Re: I feel so sad and sorry for top draft picks who have been

Jan 6, 2021, 4:06 PM

you just go win. It honestly seems like #1 pick is about 50/50 shot at making it.

Takes a lot of leadership and patience. Neither of which are found much anymore.

Just win baby ~ Al Davis

https://www.nfl.com/photos/qbs-drafted-no-1-overall-in-modern-era-power-rankings-0ap3000000501596

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you seen their check stubs?***

Jan 6, 2021, 4:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Have you seen their check stubs?***

Jan 6, 2021, 4:35 PM

Thinking the same, give me the their first pay check and feel sort for me all you want, I would be just fine.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reminds me of a funny story.

Jan 6, 2021, 4:36 PM [ in reply to Have you seen their check stubs?*** ]

One of my friends at Clemson played baseball.

After college, he played several years in the Cubs organization. In spite of a few surgeries, the Cubs selected him in the 3rd round of the draft. He played his last two season at the AAA level and was just about to make the jump to the ML team when he got hurt again and decided to retire.

One year during spring training, it was common for the clubhouse attendants to come through the clubhouse and hand-out paychecks to the players. My friend was seated between Greg Maddux and Paul Assenmacher. As they looked at their checks, my friend could see that the portions allocated to the agents for Maddux and Assenmacher were more than his entire check.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Have you seen their check stubs?***

Jan 7, 2021, 7:08 AM [ in reply to Have you seen their check stubs?*** ]

This fine gentleman knows what's up

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2021, 4:30 PM

Much depends on the individual and their maturity. I'd say DW4 has handled his situation in Houston beautifully. He puts out and puts up great numbers. His team loses. Not his fault. Now, in all likelihood, we'll get to see how TL deals with the reality of losing some, maybe many, games. I know it's been said many times, but our true character shines when things seem most bleak. TL and DW4, thanks for giving Tiger fans many happy Saturdays and memories. But now is your time to show the world the genuine nature of your faith and hard work. Continued success to both of you on and off the football field. And GooooooTigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2021, 4:46 PM

College is one thing, the pro's a totally different matter. Teams that having losing records get to draft players which can help the team.
Some teams do well. Others don't.
But teams can ,and must be willing to make trades, or try the free market to get additional help.
Some teams can, and must release players who fail to to produce.
Some teams can, and must fire coaches, general managers who also fail to produce.
It's a crap shot.
It's a business.
Some teams fail, some succeed.
But for players like DeShaun, it isn't a waste of talent. It's a waste of a front office that doesn't know how to get the help they need and release the help they had.

Texans:cap strapped, no 1st or 2nd rnd pick for 2 years****

Jan 6, 2021, 7:35 PM

Jan 6, 2021, 8:39 PM

Watson just signed a new deal. If he were that upset over being in Houston he could’ve declined the deal and gone somewhere else after next season.

Jan 7, 2021, 7:46 AM

I’ll just say this: oh to have DeShaun Watson’s worries.

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,779
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic