Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coots don’t seem to be drinking garnet koolaid today.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Coots don’t seem to be drinking garnet koolaid today.

Apr 24, 2019, 9:43 AM

https://southcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/clemson-what-has-to-happen-for-things-to-change.296782/

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coots don’t seem to be drinking garnet koolaid today.

Apr 24, 2019, 9:55 AM

I think his statement: "But it might take a key injury here, a missed field goal there, an upset somewhere" says a lot about their fan base.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 24, 2019, 10:23 AM

He said he doesn't want that injury. He was being realistic.

I know we beat the carp out of SEC teams when we play

Apr 24, 2019, 10:04 AM

them although the King of the SEC plays us pretty close.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 24, 2019, 10:09 AM

The guy has a bit of a point. The only things that will "bring us down to earth" would be competition, primarily in the ACC, and complacency. We need at least one strong competitor in the Atlantic (used to be FSU, now the closest is Syracuse) and at least two strong potential rivals in the Coastal, who currently has no one who has risen to the top.

What helped put us where we are is the pursuit. By being 2nd/3rd in the league, we had a goal to work toward. Some guys like being part of that type of team. At Clemson, if we don't win the ACC, it's been a disappointment. But at Cuse or UVa or Pitt or whomever, to even get to the ACCCG is a win, and to win it would be huge. A ten-win season is a huge win for them and not having one is a huge loss for us.

We're national players now. Our biggest competition lies not in the conference play but in the CFP play - Bama, Oklahoma, Ohio St, Georgia, etc. That's where the best chances of beating Clemson lies - not in the ACC at this time. But at this point, as Dabo has said, the only team that can beat Clemson is Clemson.

If the ACC can get some competitive teams in the mix and if Dabo lets our guys get complacent, those are the only things that can really bring us down to earth, but honestly, that additional competition is likely to only make us better. At no foreseeable time in the future will be be down to earth enough for them to beat us!

Apr 24, 2019, 10:48 AM

Basically, he says we need to be FSU in 2017. I big loss, a big injury, and a coach that lost interest.

Francois in the Bama game kinda kick-off the decline. Plus Jimbo's wayward (ex)wife. Before that injury, FSU was a threat and we were more of the challenger (along with UL). They nearly got us in '16. Their decline made it our conference to control. If Jimbo didn't check out or Francois didn't become injured, I would have expected that *maybe* FSU would have won the ACC it in '17. At best, we would be trading blows with a healthy FSU rather that beating the shirt off them and making them consider reading over football.

However, it wasn't just an injury... it was a great coach having home issues and wanting a clean slate.

One of them said that Dabo is Bobby Bowden 2.0 and I kinda agree with him on that. Actually, they said that Dabo is better than Bowden... so there is a coot with a brain cell. So they expect decades of our success, because Bowden is an the all-time best coach for a stable program.

Apr 24, 2019, 10:10 AM

I like the comment about them beating us five years in a row and the universe righting itself, as if they were MUCH better than us back then. I don't think some of those folks realize how evenly matched we were. They certainly had our number, but they weren't THAT much better than us during thar stretch. We are light years ahead of them right now.

I would argue that we were the better team in more than one

Apr 24, 2019, 10:33 AM

of those five seasons, and there is no argument about which team accomplished more during that period.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably because Wednesday's are when they're

Apr 24, 2019, 10:27 AM

treated for mites.

Apr 24, 2019, 10:38 AM

"The non-con games are junk, minus us and A&M, etc."

OK, one could argue that THEY go into the "junk" category, but outside of those 2 we played Furman and Ga Southern last year. Who did they play? Outside of us it was Coastal, Marshall, and Akron. And their mighty SEC Champ played Louisville, Ark. St., Louisiana, and Citadel.

Our non-con games were less junk than either of those 2.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Apr 24, 2019, 10:39 AM

I thought in his post he became delusional when he compared out of conference competition like A&M and then said us. I hope he is not referring to the coots as a competitive game. They actually hurt our SOS. I would feel pretty confident in saying at least 50% of the teams in the ACC would beat the coots. They just can’t accept that they are gutter trash in any Power 5 conference. If the ACC is so weak, Just ask those coots what happened to them at their bowl game against Virginia last year! ??

Maybe like bama they were fatigued from the long trip, it was injuries, it was to hot, the rooster was to sick to make the trip, grand ma got run over by a rain deer or maybe they just are not a very good football program.

One thing I would like to add is that Dabo is a unique and special HC. He has ideas and a vision that has put Clemson on top. There are no other coaches I have seen that can compete with Dabo’s creativity, his compassion for the players, his honesty and integrity. He is a one of a kind HC in my opinion. If there is one guy I would say it might be Lincoln Riley at OU.

Message was edited by: wueagle86®

I enjoy their misery

Apr 24, 2019, 10:41 AM

That probably makes me a bad person. But, I enjoy reading about their moments of self-reflection and realizing how doomed they are. Even their solutions are amusing. FSU has to get better in order for USC to beat Clemson? What? And, oh boy, what a joy to see them admitting that Dabo is their Father now. I don't hear much about Dabo the Cheerleader anymore since he's been crushing his enemies and enjoying the sweet sounds of the lamentations of their women.

No not a bad person at all. I enjoy these moments to. lol***

Apr 24, 2019, 10:44 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I enjoy their misery

Apr 24, 2019, 10:12 PM [ in reply to I enjoy their misery ]

Thumbs up for the Conan reference!

Apr 24, 2019, 10:46 AM

My favourite excuses are the ones that claim our schedule is "easy" and that's why we're good. Compared to what, Alabama's 2018 schedule?

Their fans do love to selectively cherry-pick the facts.

'Bama destroyed SEC teams last regular season....and then got hammered by us 44-16! So much for that "tough" SEC schedule...haha.

We've been whipping their butts for 125+ years and playing the majority of those games in their stadium yet they forget, complain, and try to rationalize why we're us, and they're not.

Their fans deserve what they've got.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For u of 5c fans, their delusions are better than the truth***

Apr 24, 2019, 10:51 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: For u of 5c fans, their delusions are better than the truth***

Apr 24, 2019, 10:58 AM

Agreed.

It's often said that the 1st step to improvement is acknowledging the problem.

If their fan-base is any indicator we won't have to worry about them for another 125 years.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The 2nd Natty ruined them.

Apr 24, 2019, 11:23 AM

In their twisted coot brains they could explain away the first Natty as some sort of fluke. The second one though broke the will of all but the most severely deluded. Now they see a monster staring them in the face and can’t do anything but hope for some sort of extinction event.

Enjoy it fellas. It’s never been this good.

Sorry, I should clarify.

Apr 24, 2019, 11:25 AM

Dabos second Natty. No disrespect meant to the great Danny Ford and the 81 team.

recently our schedule

Apr 24, 2019, 12:17 PM

Has included teams like ...Ohio State, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, LSU,Alabama, Georgia and Auburn and the Tigers have done rather well in those games. There is nothing wrong with a schedule that includes FSU and Louisville and Syracuse and Miami and NCSU. None of those teams are poorer than Missouri or MississippiState or Vanderbilt or Arkansas or Kentucky. This schedule nonsense doesn’t even need to be mentioned. The Tigers have shown FOR YEARS that they can beat ANYONE! And they will show it again this season as well.
These top flight recruits are choosing Clemson over some of the other heavyweights for a reason. They can see where college football is played at a high level and where football is fun. It AINT going away gamecocks!
And when you create the depth that the Tigers have injuries become less of a concern. We saw that in the ‘championship’ game against that also ran Bama team when key players were out for the Tigers

Re: recently our schedule

Apr 25, 2019, 12:16 AM

This was posted by an LSU fan earlier in response to our "weak schedule "

quote:
Yes, but they play in an inferior league. Let them play an SEC West schedule and see what happens. On the other hand, they'll have a walk into the CFP for the foreseeable future.
"

2015 pre playoff wins vs

11-3 UNC
10-3 ND
10-3 FSU

2016 pre playoff wins vs

10-3 FSU
10-4 VT
9-4 Louisville
They also beat Auburn @ Auburn (who we lost to)

2017 pre playoff wins vs

10-4 Auburn
9-4 VT
9-4 NC st

2018 pre playoff wins vs

10-3 Syracuse
9-4 TAMU @ TAMU (who we lost to)

That might not be the most daunting schedule, but it's not a walk into the playoffs either. Plus who cares when they do THIS in the playoffs:

2015 37-17 vs 11-2 Oklahoma
2016 31-0 vs 11-2 Ohio St
2018 30-3 vs 12-1 ND and 44-16 vs 14-1 Bama

Why do the coots keep thinking the SEC is SO much better

Apr 24, 2019, 12:06 PM

than the ACC? Based on last year, the ACC went 6-5
in bowls and the SEC went 6-6. And the ACC Atlantic
was better than the mighty SEC West since:
Clemson > "Greatest Team Ever" Alabama
Syracuse (10-3) = LSU (10-3)
NC State (9-4) = Texas A&M (9-4)
Boston College (7-5) = Auburn (8-5)
But the SEC East was way better than the ACC Coastal
with three 10 win or better teams even though the Dawgs
lost their bowl and the Coots were shutout.

So should we call it a draw? The ACC wins on the bowl
record and the NC. The SEC wins on 10+ win teams, 5-2.
And the SEC probably played a softer non conference
schedule overall last year.

Re: Why do the coots keep thinking the SEC is SO much better

Apr 24, 2019, 12:13 PM

Actually, those would be some good games.

Cuse (with a healthy dungy) vs LSU. - Classic
BC - One of the most consistent teams VS the most bi-polar team.
A&M obliterating NC state for the "Ahole Coach Bowl"

I see the SEC this way...

ACC has the best team by a 28 point margin
SEC's mid-upper teams are better than our "challenger" team (UGA, FLA, LSU and A&M over the lonely Cuse)
ACC mid-tier teams are better than SEC's mid-tier teams (UVA over coots)
SEC bottom is better than our bottom because of UNC alone.

Because...

Apr 24, 2019, 3:04 PM [ in reply to Why do the coots keep thinking the SEC is SO much better ]

when your teams contributions to the league are insignificant if not non-existent, all you have left is to live vicariously through the good teams in the league (primarily Alabama).

It's literally all they've got.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: This is for the "dirtp**kers"

Apr 24, 2019, 12:56 PM

Easy schedule??? Let's see.... Tigers have beaten Alabama, Ohio State, Notre Dame, LSU, Auburn, Texas A&M, Oklahoma just to name some. If the "shamecocks" are jealous about our ACC schedule then they can join to Southern Conference......... wait, they can't beat the Citadel. Never mind. Here is the fact, Clemson has a history, a very rich history. The "chickens" have only had a moment in time. Adding insult to injury there is just something very disturbing about all the male "Caroslima" fans I hear wanting to holler " go ##### ". They have always been losers and will always be losers.

Sentence starts off like a AA meeting

Apr 24, 2019, 11:00 PM

...or coming out of the closet admission. LMAO

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 24, 2019, 11:36 PM

This is all you need to show them when they talk about how easy our schedule is...

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Wow-this-is-fun-25183344#25183344

"Since 2015 Clemson is 54-4 overall, but hidden in there is that we're 18-2 vs ranked opponents. And 9-2 vs top 10 opponents. Of those 20 games only 5 were played at home. 15 were either away or neutral field. The average ranking of those 20 opponents was 9.05 in other words top ten. Our average margin of victory was 13.35 nearly 2 touchdowns. We've averaged 5 ranked opponents a year in that time and at least 2 top 10 each year.

When you listen to the list of schools Clemson has beaten in the last 4 years it reads like a directory of the football elite. It's best to read this out loud Virginia Tech twice, Miami twice, Auburn twice, Texas A&M, Florida State 4 times, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Notre Dame twice and Alabama TWICE!

To put that into perspective I'll compare that to the school that complains the loudest that we don't play anybody. South Carolina on the other hand is 1-15 in games vs ranked opponents. We've won more games against ranked competition than they have even played. Their average was 10.8 and if you take us out its 13.5 . In other words we help their schedule, they hurt ours. Their average margin of defeat was 15.56. We beat ranked teams big they lose to ranked teams big. Oh and do remind them that we have a 9-2 (81.8%) record in the SEC in the last 4 years with the only losses coming from Alabama. How have they done? (this one works for Georgia too)"

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic