Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
John Newman twitter post.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

John Newman twitter post.

Apr 6, 2020, 9:29 PM

Let’s hope so!

https://twitter.com/_jayrock15/status/1247180224908967937?s=21

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: John Newman twitter post.

Apr 6, 2020, 9:31 PM

Let’s hope, I do believe this team can be special if Simms returns

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: John Newman twitter post.

Apr 6, 2020, 9:31 PM

Let’s hope, I do believe this team can be special if Simms returns

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I dunno

Apr 6, 2020, 9:33 PM

Elden Campbell, Dale Davis, Sean Tyson, Marion Cash, Derrick Forrest, Kirkland Howling and David Young was a pretty #### good team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's the first and only Elite 8 squad for Clemson

Apr 7, 2020, 1:39 AM

Billy Williams, Larry Nance, Moose Campbell, Horace Wyatt, Bobby Conrad, Fred Gilliam and Mitchell Wiggins were a team to be reckoned with also... but I personally believe the team that featured KC Rivers, James Mays, Trevor Booker, Cliff Hammonds, Terence Oglesby, Demotez Stitt, and Sam Perry is better than the 2019-2020 and the 2020-2021 Tigers. And I don't believe that the OP team I mentioned is better than either the Elden / Dale teams or the Nance / Williams team that I mentioned. I could be jaded but I believe that there are a couple of Rick Barnes' teams that are better than this current and next season Tigers... I'm just saying, but I do like Newman's confidence!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good recall & yes, those 3 teams were very good. OPs team_

Apr 7, 2020, 10:03 AM

underachieved in the NCAA’s.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

None of Brownell's team can say that they

Apr 10, 2020, 5:12 PM

achieved much in the NCAA's either, and have only been there two times in 10 seasons... 6 in one hand, a half dozen in the other, except OP made more tournament fields than BB in fewer seasons...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL, really?

Apr 10, 2020, 5:38 PM

Brad made a Sweet 16, something Purnell never came close to doing. Heck, only two other Clemson coaches have ever done that (Foster and Barnes). Ellis made a Sweet 16 once at Clemson, but those wins are vacated per the NCAA, so his Sweet 16 season doesn’t count.

Brad has a great NCAA record at Clemson. He’s won at least one game each time he’s been there. None of our other coaches, including Barnes, can say that.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

A 2-2 record in 10 years is great?? Please stop...

Apr 10, 2020, 6:06 PM

it's mediocre that his teams have only made the tournament twice in ten years... BB is not the greatest coach Clemson has ever had so please stop it...
all of us can take snapshots to justify a position, but if you are satisfied with 2 tournaments in 10 years, be satisfied with that. But have no expectations that others agree. His average placement in the conference regular season (which is a big indicator of tournament opportunity) is less than 6th place. That means we are regularly looking up at the upper HALF of the conference, and few conferences are putting more than 6 teams into the tournament on a regular basis.
Brownell is good in his skillset, teaching basketball, but he leaves a lot to be desired in coaching basketball. I will gladly send my sons to his camp to learn basketball, I would not want him to coach their team...

by the way, you are WRONG about him winning EACH of the two times he has been there; he lost the 1st round game in his first season, but won 2 games two years ago to reach the Sweet 16... or do the facts not count??

Re: I dunno

Apr 7, 2020, 1:11 PM [ in reply to I dunno ]

I was there for tate george. No way he got that shot off. Worst loss i saw in person in any sport in my life. Boo comes off the bench and drains a deep 3. That team "could" have made a run to win it all.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic