Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Possible QB Transfer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Possible QB Transfer

Jan 3, 2018, 2:04 PM

With TL coming in and HJ last year do y’all think Cooper, Brice, or Israel would transfer? I’m not sure if any of them would transfer, but out of the three I listed Cooper would be the one I could see transferring. He was 4-star out of HS and has a great arm. While I hope no QB’s transfer it is a possibility. What do y’all say?

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Possible QB Transfer

Jan 3, 2018, 2:08 PM

Doesn't matter what anybody says!!!!

Jan 3, 2018, 2:10 PM

I don't see Tucker leaving--he has kind of accepted this role and enjoys being around this team too much to leave now I think. Chase Brice is a good talent but really don't see him having any shot. Zerrick I could see transferring as you mentioned.

Really it is a good problem to have but you have to wonder if anyone is hungry to play elsewhere. 5 scholarship QB's and all are capable of playing just about anywhere! We could have a similar situation at the RB position and we saw Tyshon Dye leave last year for the same reasons; he was also a graduate so was eligible to play immediately at ECU but still.

Jan 3, 2018, 2:19 PM

Cooper, HJ, and Brice have all already said they do not plan on transferring. I think this year Tucker has realized that he isn't going to be a future QB so he's just trying to finish his degree and help the team anyway he can. With 5 QB's on the roster come spring time some may end up changing their minds but I do not believe it will be HJ. HJ said that football was not the only reason he came to Clemson. Go Tigers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2018, 2:22 PM

Sure they said that, but that will change as soon as they see there’s no hope for playing time. With them being highly rated qbs, there’s no way they will just sit on the bench their entire careers, and they shouldn’t. They’re too talented not to play somewhere.

Jan 3, 2018, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Possible QB Transfer ]

Make that 6 QBs with TL early enrollee and KB.

Jan 3, 2018, 2:20 PM

HJ and ZC will transfer. If TL doesn’t win the starting job outright in fall practice, he will most certainly be the backup and will be given a few guaranteed series a game, like DW in 2014 before he took over. I think he takes over permanently by game 3. Either way that leaves HJ and ZC as third and fourth stringers next year. Maybe one of them stays hoping to be the backup in 2019 but I doubt it. I think CB will back up TL in 2019 and 2020.

Just my guesses as to what will happen.

if one does it would be Cooper

Jan 3, 2018, 2:26 PM

but I don't see it until after Fall Practice

I doubt any of them leave until they earn their degree, then

Jan 3, 2018, 2:29 PM

They can transfer to the school of their choice without restrictions or having to sit a year.

Re: I doubt any of them leave until they earn their degree, then

Jan 3, 2018, 2:38 PM

HJ won't be transferring, however, Cooper might.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2018, 2:50 PM

He’s a rising redshirt sophomore why would he transfer and have to sit out a year and possibly lose credits towards a degree? He wouldn’t be able to play at another school until the fall of 2019 even if he transferred this spring. He can wait until May of 2019 earn his degree and transfer and play in the fall of 2019 without sitting out a year. It would be very foolish for him to leave in 2018.

Jan 3, 2018, 3:01 PM

Well, you might be right, which is why I just said "might". You don't know what's going through these kid's minds.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2018, 3:14 PM

That’s true he could leave, but he seems like a very grounded level headed kid not a Chad Kelly type. So I hope our coaches and advisors would give him sound advice so he can do what’s best for his future and I’m sure Coach Swinney advice is get a degree.

Jan 3, 2018, 4:26 PM [ in reply to Re: I doubt any of them leave until they earn their degree, then ]

Not really, he was a redshirt freshman this year. He could transfer to a Div 2 team and play this year. You don’t have to sit a year if you do that. He would likely start and get valuable game experience. He could then transfer back to a Div 1 school with 2 years eligibility left. ALA the Swag plan.

I think you nailed it.***

Jan 3, 2018, 4:33 PM

I think there is a high chance the Cooper transfers

Jan 3, 2018, 3:20 PM

I think it comes down to him and TL for the starting job. If TL comes out and dominates in the spring and summer practice periods (it could come down to fall camp), then I think HJ's transfer chances go way up

Perhaps a move to another position

Jan 3, 2018, 4:33 PM

For some of them. I can see Cooper as a DB or Lb.

Search for the dozens of threads on this.***

Jan 3, 2018, 4:34 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's gonna be a loooooong summer for you

Jan 3, 2018, 4:37 PM

with that mindset ;) Expect a gazillion more posts about the QB situation. No sense getting bent out of shape about it, IMO.

Definitely not bent out of shape since nobody on this

Jan 3, 2018, 4:53 PM

board knows anymore than the one asking the question. Just giving some advice on the dozens of threads he might enjoy reading for amusement. ??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2018, 4:43 PM

HJ and TL and Brice will 1a 1b 1c. KB and Cooper transfer after spring ball. KB might move to another positon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic