Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sadly, this article is probably accurate regarding the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Sadly, this article is probably accurate regarding the

Jul 27, 2020, 7:26 PM

ACC. It basically says that Notre Dame competing for the ACC title is not a request by Notre Dame, but rather a demand by the ACC in exchange for giving Notre Dame a full slate of games. I know it is hard to believe. The writer says that the ACC wants it that way for money, bigger ratings and perhaps a better championship game.

So there goes Swofford, on his way out the door, selling out the ACC's integrity in a big way. Not only that, the article indicates that doing this will help Clemson. He says Clemson should be happy that it will improve our schedule strength and make it easier to get into the playoffs if we have beaten Notre Dame twice. That's a load of crap. Clemson would have no trouble getting into the playoff if undefeated and one of the wins over Notre Dame. Now, to the joy all of the other power five conferences and the ACC office, we might have to beat them twice. Everybody's happy with this except Clemson. The other ACC teams done care because they weren't going to make the playoff anyway. Although they might care about their conference membership being open to any whim of the powers that be. The other power five conferences should be thrilled with this as it demeans ACC membership and makes it harder for Clemson and Notre Dame to make the playoff in one swipe.

But the most stunning thing I see in this article is that Notre Dame eligibility for the league title is something the ACC is shooting for, whil Notre Dame is fighting it.

https://theclemsoninsider.com/2020/07/27/notre-dame-joining-acc-in-2020-is-good-for-everyone-including-clemson/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

***!!! FIRE SWOFFORD !!!***

Jul 27, 2020, 7:44 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sadly, this article is probably accurate regarding the

Jul 27, 2020, 7:44 PM

what is the Swofford family's cut? that's the question.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jul 27, 2020, 7:55 PM

Only way it helps Clemson is ND is in the Coastal and we lose reg season but beat them in the ACCCG. Other than that senario, forget it. All In or Not!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2020, 8:08 PM

Based on that article if the ACC wants a better championship game then maybe they should pick the top two teams each year regardless of divisions the way the Big 12 does it.

I don't think there will be divisions this year if ND is

Jul 27, 2020, 10:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Sadly, this article is probably accurate regarding the ]

counted in the standings.

Re: I don't think there will be divisions this year if ND is

Jul 28, 2020, 6:22 AM

I think that has always been called changing the rules in the middle of the game to get the out come the rules makers demand!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2020, 7:29 AM

It’s the off season, what are you talking about?

Jul 29, 2020, 6:07 AM

I guess he should have said late in the game since FB schedules are made years in advance, and the conference schedule is finalized in Feb/Mar. Not having a schedule by the last week of July is very late in the game.

I have to agree with the ACC

Jul 27, 2020, 7:59 PM

ND brings more interest to acc football. Plus Clemson can beat ND twice.

ND wouldn't likely make it through the

Jul 27, 2020, 8:35 PM

conference slate unscathed. Ol' swoffy won't want any tough teams in the division with UNCheat, so the tougher teams will wind up with ND and Clemson. And I haven't seen anything impressive from them lately. The Hurricane Game broke them.

Re: I have to agree with the ACC

Jul 27, 2020, 10:33 PM [ in reply to I have to agree with the ACC ]

I don't give a FK in we can beat ND a dozen straight times, they don't belong in the ACCCG bc they are not a ACC team. Not only that, the ACC refs would be paid off to assure a ND win!!!

Re: I have to agree with the ACC

Jul 29, 2020, 6:13 AM [ in reply to I have to agree with the ACC ]

We will have to beat ND twice to get in the CFB playoff. If we split the 2 games with ND, neither one of us will make the playoffs.

Jul 27, 2020, 7:59 PM

It's hard to beat the same team 2 times in the same season.

Bovine Scat - we whoop that #### like a dang....

Jul 27, 2020, 8:43 PM

....oh noe - I prob cant use a metaphor here cause i'd be Doxed and the Tifa will show up...

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

or is that a simolee***

Jul 27, 2020, 8:46 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Plus 10 for BS! (Bovine Scat)

Jul 27, 2020, 10:09 PM [ in reply to Bovine Scat - we whoop that #### like a dang.... ]

No, you live in SEC country.

Jul 29, 2020, 4:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Sadly, this article is probably accurate regarding the ]

The statement is, "It's hard to win on the road in the SEC." :)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My guess $$$$$$$$$$***

Jul 27, 2020, 8:02 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2020, 8:03 PM

What good does it do if it's just for one year and things return to normal next year. I think this is just one model on paper someone pitched but will never happen.Also not buying the other ACC teams don't care because they will not make it anyway to the championship game. Bull. One of them will.

Good point about the other ACC teams. They are not happy

Jul 27, 2020, 10:59 PM

on their boards that I've checked. I meant that the other ACC teams, don't really have a national championship possibly on the line.

Unreal. Can we retire Swoffy NOW?!!!***

Jul 27, 2020, 8:38 PM

Jul 27, 2020, 8:42 PM

This joker has always been this way. A total bozo. Should have been fired years ago. Why not run him off now. Giving them a chance to win a title in a league they wont join. As bad or worse than his UNC academic hand holding

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2020, 10:36 PM

I can imagine how he would explain that to the best ACC coastal team!!!

Hard to believe. Why would the rest of the ACC like this?

Jul 27, 2020, 8:47 PM

First, it’s humiliating. Like bringing in a ringer because none of them can handle Clemson. Second, it’s an embarrassment to the league to be so flippant with our membership. It’s bad enough we let them in as a partial member. Third, if ND makes to the ACC championship, It means that one of them was left out. That hurts recruiting and fan support...and bowls.

And we don’t need to beat ND twice to make the playoffs. Even if we did it just turns the national narrative into “ND wasn’t as good as we thought.”

Crazy.

null

Re: Hard to believe. Why would the rest of the ACC like this?

Jul 27, 2020, 8:53 PM

If ND joins, IMO we will not play them in regular season

Jul 27, 2020, 10:42 PM

Exactly, and now swofford wants to give them two shots at us in the same season, that no other ACC team gets that chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 27, 2020, 10:40 PM [ in reply to Hard to believe. Why would the rest of the ACC like this? ]

Well, it could be use as a contract breach, and we could leave if that's what they would want to do without the $50 mil buyout!!! I'm betting that if Clemson did pull out the ACC, ND would join the next day ;)

Jul 27, 2020, 10:25 PM

We haven't needed any of Swofford's or the ACC help to get in 5 playoff games, and 4 national championship games. Swofford isn't trying to help, he is making his own attempt to try and stop Clemson!!! AD and Dabo should refuse to play ND in a ACC championship game because they are NOT a ACC team. That would be like Clemson going and playing in another conference championship game, that they would not allow in any way shape or form!!! Dabo's job is for him to get us to the ACCCG, and beat the best coastal ACC team. What Swofford is attempting, is just like putting a hit on Clemson, a bounty to knock us off by bringing in an outside team to do it!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

Jul 27, 2020, 10:45 PM

Yep, definitely a conspiracy against Clemson like most things are and not about money.

Jul 27, 2020, 10:47 PM

Some may not see it, but our FB team would be better than we are now if we were in the SEC. Those top recruits we lose bc they want to play in the SEC, we would have a much better chance at getting those also, especially if we're beating the top SEC teams as we have been doing. We are 2-2 against Bama in the NCG!!!

Jul 28, 2020, 7:33 AM

possibly but we've had less of that in recent years. we probably have about as good a batting average as anyone for getting the players we want

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

check his bank account.....***

Jul 28, 2020, 7:15 AM

Re: check his bank account.....***

Jul 28, 2020, 4:43 PM

Spud, someone was giving away a couple of nice looking boat motor props on here the other day, did you rush over and get them before someone else got to them ;)!!! I think he used them for crushing oyster shells!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

Jul 28, 2020, 8:04 AM

I guess I'm in the minority. I see ND helping TV ratings this year. Who you want to see us play in ACCCG Virginia or ND?

Jul 29, 2020, 6:20 AM

The holes. Don't you think that game would draw a lot of interest after last year?

I promise you, if any of the so-far identified replacement candidates take Swoffy’s place,

Jul 28, 2020, 8:08 AM

we will all pine for the good ole days when Swoffy was in charge.

As I have said before, be glad we won our modern Natties when we did. Things are finna be very different.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic