Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo was smart not to use the transfer portal...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Dabo was smart not to use the transfer portal...

Jan 18, 2021, 3:53 PM

Jeremy Pruitt thought it was a great idea, and look what happened to him. He was fired today, with cause.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tennessee-football/jeremy-pruitt-volunteers-football-ncaa-transfer-portal-destin/amp/

This is exactly the kind of thing that can happen when you don’t trust our staff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I hate to say it, but it's hard not to notice

Jan 18, 2021, 4:05 PM

the parallels between Pruitt and Brownell when it comes to their willingness to use the transfer portal. Truly hoping they have different fates

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The results on the basketball court have nothing to do with Brownell unless we win

Jan 18, 2021, 4:18 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“unless we win” Perfect.***

Jan 18, 2021, 4:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

No one here feels that way, as much as you try to pretend they do.***

Jan 18, 2021, 10:40 PM [ in reply to The results on the basketball court have nothing to do with Brownell unless we win ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Dabo was smart not to use the transfer portal...

Jan 18, 2021, 4:08 PM

Pruitt was fired for recruiting violations, not for using the transfer portal. In fact, the overwhelming majority of coaches today are using the portal to their advantage. I'm not sure if you heard the news, but Dabo has already moved Danny Pearman to an off-field posisiton where he will scout the transfer portal. We're likely going to take some out of the portal in the near future.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Jan 18, 2021, 4:13 PM

If you were a fish, he'd be reeling you in right about now!

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Jan 18, 2021, 4:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo was smart not to use the transfer portal... ]

And you sir have absolutely no idea how to talk to people.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know what else to tell you...

Jan 18, 2021, 4:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo was smart not to use the transfer portal... ]

Dabo = Anti Transfer Portal, multiple championships, still has a job, highest paid coach.
Pruitt = Pro Transfer Portal, fired.

These are facts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I don't know what else to tell you...

Jan 18, 2021, 4:36 PM

Well played

Jan 18, 2021, 4:42 PM [ in reply to I don't know what else to tell you... ]

Dude you’re living in the past. 2018 was three seasons ago. The portal was not a big deal in 2018. 2019 and 2020 have have change the landscape. If you don’t understand that you’ve got your head up your ###. The portal is new and other than Oklahoma getting a couple of quarterbacks that won the Heisman no one saw the real impact until LSU won a national championship basically with players from the portal and Ohio State just kicked our ### and their two best players were from the portal and guess what they out recruit Clemson every year. You combine better recruiting classes and the portal and we will never win another championship. You can’t win today just recruiting because there’s too much turnover because of injuries and concussions so people stop playing football when they used to not people transferring for different reasons there’s just too much turnover and you have to have quality depth to win a championship and you’re not gonna have that anymore on recruiting alone.

Nobody runs a clean a program than Dabo. And if he sees the need for it then that shows you just how important this is.

I stopped reading at "you're living in the past"...

Jan 18, 2021, 4:44 PM

Pruitt was fired today. The ink is still wet on the paperwork. This news is as present as you can get.

Re: I stopped reading at "you're living in the past"...

Jan 18, 2021, 4:53 PM

And by comment without reading you show how ignorant you are because your comments about the portal are living in the past. Your comments about winning championships are living in the past. Our last championship was 2018 the portal was no big deal then but 2019 and 2020 have proven the portal is going to be enormous when it comes to major success on the football field. That you’re living in the past. That’s why Dabo is now looking to the portal because that’s the future his past comments like your attitude or in the past. It has nothing to do with Jeremy Pruitt.

I'm sorry you don't see the same connection...

Jan 18, 2021, 4:55 PM

Dabo and I do.

Re: I'm sorry you don't see the same connection...

Jan 18, 2021, 5:35 PM

Dabo has determined the portal has merit and value. So unless you have a mouse in your pocket named Dabo you are confused or maybe it’s just your schizophrenia and you need to go see someone that can help you with that.

Please provide a list of players Dabo has taken from...

Jan 18, 2021, 5:44 PM

the portal.

Re: Please provide a list of players Dabo has taken from...

Jan 18, 2021, 10:30 PM

I guess you missed the story where Dabo has shuffled the staff and created a position to scout the portal. I would say that’s a pretty positive indication he’s going to start taking players from the portal. Only a fool would think otherwise. Then again if the shoe fits. And we have in fact had transfers before. Before the portal.

You type A LOT. And it is 98.97% stuff not worth reading. Is

Jan 18, 2021, 10:44 PM

your name Gerald ???

I SWEAR your name is Gerald.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: You type A LOT. And it is 98.97% stuff not worth reading. Is

Jan 18, 2021, 11:52 PM

Then don’t read my postings. Use Block feature. Some people enjoy what I post. So I’ll post whatever I feel like posting. Thank you for your feedback!

Re: You type A LOT. And it is 98.97% stuff not worth reading. Is

Jan 19, 2021, 12:06 AM

Can you tell us who these few people are? I think this is the third or fourth thread I’ve seen you’ve done this bit. It is consistent though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s a long way of saying “0”.***

Jan 19, 2021, 6:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Please provide a list of players Dabo has taken from... ]

null

Jan 18, 2021, 4:44 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't know what else to tell you... ]

OP is a troll, albeit not a funny one.

Jan 18, 2021, 4:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo was smart not to use the transfer portal... ]

Found Juan....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2021, 4:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo was smart not to use the transfer portal... ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2021, 4:56 PM

I was hoping Wayna Morris would be our first, however, looks like Lincoln Riley swooped in! As my granddaddy would say “ Day late and a dollar short son”!

https://247sports.com/Article/Tennessee-Vols-football-Wanya-Morris-announces-transfer-Oklahoma-Sooners-Lincoln-Riley-Texas-AM-USC-159512809/

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic