Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don’t care what happens at practice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

I don’t care what happens at practice

Oct 1, 2020, 2:57 PM

A top talent should not have carries and reps taken from him from a walk on who is a senior who can’t help us in future years anyway. I am disgusted by this news and the coaching staff messed up big time !!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed, I mean it's clear we know more about this game

Oct 1, 2020, 2:59 PM

than the coaches. What the heck have they ever accomplished anyway? If I were D-Rad I would walk into Dabo's office right now and fire him on the spot and let him know he messed up big time!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

How many freaking years do we have to watch these...

Oct 1, 2020, 3:55 PM

coaches make dumb decisions and win.

I want to go back to the Bowden days where we promise our recruits the first touch in the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. Worked out well.***

Oct 1, 2020, 6:08 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don’t care what happens at practice

Oct 1, 2020, 2:59 PM

The news sucks, but there is no reason to question the coaches when they have led Clemson to the greatest 5 years in program history and have the best winning percentage of all teams in that timeframe.

It's obviously very hard to question our coaches after

Oct 1, 2020, 3:01 PM

everything they've accomplished...

but I can't wait for Darien Rencher, Will Swinney and the likes to graduate!! lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's obviously very hard to question our coaches after

Oct 1, 2020, 3:46 PM

You sir, are a sick puppy!!

Re: It's obviously very hard to question our coaches after

Oct 1, 2020, 6:16 PM [ in reply to It's obviously very hard to question our coaches after ]

I think that is a fair comment. Rencher may be a great clubhouse guy but he is not a lead back on a championship contender. Lyn-J may be able to get the job done next year, but I was thinking he may only get enough carries to keep him out of the portal, while Bowman slowly becomes the guy.

At minimum, this is a bummer and really is going to really hurt us next year, but sometimes I can be a little glass half empty... blame it on the Tommy years (take your pick).

Oct 1, 2020, 3:02 PM

He would be higher on the depth chart if he had earned the reps. Obviously he hasn't.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2020, 3:03 PM

I smell chicken or a spurless hen talking

Oct 1, 2020, 3:14 PM

People like you are the worst. Whenever someone has a “controversial” opinion, you guys try to jab them as a gamecock. Stop being toxic

^^ Found one^^^

Oct 1, 2020, 4:00 PM

??????

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2020, 9:22 PM [ in reply to Re: I don’t care what happens at practice ]

Pipe down bird boy!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2020, 3:04 PM

I'm still trying to understand why they gave that Renfrow kid a scholarship. If he was good enough he'd have earned it while in high school

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2020, 3:05 PM

I mean obviously he thinks he should be getting more carries now. But lets think about it like this. Pace looks good, Dukes and Mellussi are there, Shipley and Mafah and both great and coming in. Some players just don't want to deal with it. We do have an insanely deep RB room right now.

He never said that or alluded to that in any way, shape, or form.

Oct 1, 2020, 9:33 PM

Please stop.

Painting with a pretty broad brush aren't you?***

Oct 1, 2020, 3:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Painting with a pretty broad brush aren't you? I'm

Oct 1, 2020, 3:43 PM

thinking painting with a chicken feathered brush

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2020, 3:20 PM

There has to be more to this story than not getting enough carries in the first 2 games of his freshman year. He wasn't even an early enrollee and is still trying to learn the offense. Something had to happen where he needed to leave quickly - with this year basically not counting as anything there would be ZERO benefit to leaving early and not just sticking out a year and trying to get better!

That'snot even part of the story tho.

Oct 1, 2020, 9:38 PM

Neither he nor anyone said anything about lack of carries. He said he misses home, and based on this being a very common occurrence with freshmen, I believe him.

I am however holding out hope that our support staff can keep him around to give it a chance and rethink things. There's no reason for him to leave. He gets this year back whether he stays or goes. In my humble opinion he should stay, fight thru the homesickness, fight his way up the depth chart, be part of this family and help us win this national championship.

May be too late tho.. but holding out hope.

Don't worry about it. Every transfer or decommittment

Oct 1, 2020, 3:22 PM

that I can think of during the Dabo era, while painful at the time, seems to have worked out just fine for Clemson and usually the other party as well.

Re: Don't worry about it. Every transfer or decommittment

Oct 1, 2020, 3:44 PM

that does seem to generally be the case

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry, no. No athlete is right to quit because they havent

Oct 1, 2020, 3:45 PM

Gotten enough carries after two games of their true freshman season when they were not an early enrollee and it’s a free season. They have to earn it against guys who have been here, know the offense, proven themselves, blocked well, etc. if he quit after two weeks because of reps, he was going to be a problem for this program.

I’m guessing something else is driving this decision...homesick, or was never all in, or family issues, or something.

null

Oct 1, 2020, 3:47 PM

Also interesting that they pulled his financial aid immediately. Has to be more to this story than we are getting right now.

Oct 1, 2020, 4:06 PM

Now even if so how would you know that?

Oct 1, 2020, 4:38 PM

Insider on instagram. I appreciate the TD....even though its now become common knowledge. sweet..

DAPOTD...***

Oct 1, 2020, 4:01 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The walk on earned his carries. This young man must not

Oct 1, 2020, 4:05 PM

have been willing to wait his turn.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He quit. Plain & simple. We can sugar coat it all we want,

Oct 1, 2020, 6:16 PM

but it doesn’t change the obvious fact that a 5-star guy became disenchanted with his prospects of immediate glory at Clemson.

So, he quit.

Re: He quit. Plain & simple. We can sugar coat it all we want,

Oct 2, 2020, 6:14 PM

and he will quit on his team, then, we don't need him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

is 69 for the # of NC's you have won?***

Oct 1, 2020, 9:09 PM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Oct 1, 2020, 9:33 PM

Losing a 5 star RB is not necessarily a big deal at CU

Losing a guy that Dabo said was the first back he’d seen that compared to Spiller is a big loss

Reading Hood’s comments....kid lost 2 grandparents recently including the one who lives in Atlanta plus he was homesick. Heck I was homesick my first couple of weeks my freshman year.

It happens.....no conspiracy or coaching blunder based on Hoods article. Don’t sleep on Pace and Mellusi.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2020, 10:07 PM

With the RBs in the 2021 class it will be hard to be the man unless you work your tail off in practice and everything you do.

Oct 1, 2020, 10:08 PM

To be the man you have to beat the man.

Oct 1, 2020, 9:34 PM

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic