Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
People keep talking about KB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

People keep talking about KB

Jan 3, 2018, 9:26 PM

My question is how many of you think that if DW would have came back this year we would be playing Monday night.

I myself think that he would have made a difference and we would have won the game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t buy that

Jan 3, 2018, 9:31 PM

O line got whipped...even Deshaun would not have made a difference IMO

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and receivers not getting open or making catches***

Jan 3, 2018, 9:33 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don’t buy that

Jan 3, 2018, 10:29 PM [ in reply to I don’t buy that ]

You are out of your mind if you think Watson would not have won this game. Our OL was better than last year and Bama's defense was better last year and Watson won.

Re: I don’t buy that

Jan 4, 2018, 12:02 AM [ in reply to I don’t buy that ]

I disagree, I absolutely believe Clemson would have won if DW was playing.

Their D line whipped our OL last year just as bad early in the game. People act like we rushed well last year, we didn’t. We only rushed for a whopping 91 yards last year and thebOL didn’t start taking over until mid 3rd quarter when they started getting tired. DW took some awful shots last year. The difference however, was entirely in having an elite passing QB who kept them honest on D, could move the pocket and get the ball out quickly, and was extremely accurate on the intermediate and long balls. It also wasn’t like there wern’t dropped balls last year as well, etc.

Bama simply knew that KB couldn’t throw the ball well enough for the Tigers to beat them. They crowded the LOS and dared him to throw it to win and he simply couldn’t do it. It isn’t a knock on KB, it simply isn’t his skill set. He is a run first QB and until we have an elite OL, that will not beat Bama. KB also made some awful reads tucking and running way to early when he should have moved the pocket to avoid the pressure. That is what Dabo railed him for on the 3rd & 15, he tucked and ran when he should have known he had no chance of picking up the 15. That doesn’t happen with Watson either as he was very accurate on his reads.

Re: People keep talking about KB

Jan 3, 2018, 9:34 PM

Bama D would have to play differently as DW was so quick on getting the passes out quick.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2018, 9:35 PM

DW prob feels that pressure and takes the sack but he would have had a tough time doing anything like KB did.

Yes, we would have been undefeated. But 'ifs and buts were

Jan 3, 2018, 9:38 PM

candy and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas."

results would be the same,if anything DW would throw more

Jan 3, 2018, 9:40 PM

pics

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2018, 9:44 PM

Absolutely we would have won. Bama has to have a completely different game plan with DW under center. They wouldn’t be able to have 9 men near the LOS all game. DW could also set protections better and knew how to check into the correct play much much better than KB could. DW doesn’t take half those sacks and feel near as much pressure if he played.

Jan 3, 2018, 9:55 PM

Yea DW is a different animal. As good as I think KB is DW was the best college QB I have ever seen. He knows when to take a sack and would not have had that pick happen. That said I think if Gallman was at RB we would have won. Tho idk if that missed block was on the RB, RT, or RG. Guard got beat so tackle helped him and left Jennings open. RB may have had up the middle pressure and RT suppose to have the outside and the guard should have had his man so tackle didn't have go help. KB should have felt it and stepped up or took the sack tho. This is on KB, TA, TE, and TC. Initials I know lol.

Jan 3, 2018, 9:49 PM

Message was edited by: keith75®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DW had a quick release and could squeeze the ball

Jan 3, 2018, 9:50 PM

into really tight spaces and had a great deep ball and was really elusive. These qualities can't really be coached.

Completely agree - but DW in class by himself***

Jan 3, 2018, 9:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2018, 10:06 PM

Honestly- and this is not a knock on KB but rather a testament of how amazing DW was and is.

As I was watching the game in the fourth a miracle still could have happened. You did not get that sense from what you saw from the offensive plays and calling even with like 10 minutes to go that we were trying to win at all costs. I think that was a testament of what the coaches knew we could do.

I would go as far as to say you could have put DW in at that point in the game with that score and we MAY have still won. Not to mention DW was great at the read option.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic