Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I disagree with everyone bashing Saban over Tua's injury
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

I disagree with everyone bashing Saban over Tua's injury

Nov 16, 2019, 6:58 PM

If you want to question Saban for starting Tua, then I can get behind that. I think that is the bigger issue. Why start him at all.

However, once the decision has been made, you can't say "he should have been taken out up 28 in the first half". That's not logical, and it's not how football works. There is nothing wrong with playing your starter, especially while still in the first half.

Football is physical. People get hurt. It's a risk.

Again, should he have started? Probably not. But I don't buy the argument of "they should have pulled him b/c they were up 28 in the 2nd quarter".

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 agree with this

Nov 16, 2019, 7:01 PM

It’s football, once you’ve started him you’ve put him at risk. Players get hurt, it sucks, but it’s part of the sport. I just hope Justyn and Amari are ok for our Tigers ????

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I disagree with everyone bashing Saban over Tua's injury

Nov 16, 2019, 7:03 PM

Why is it illogical to say he should have been pulled when the game was in hand?

Nov 16, 2019, 7:54 PM

How little game experience their starter would get if he were pulled every time they get a good lead with their weak schedule.

Nov 16, 2019, 7:54 PM [ in reply to Re: I disagree with everyone bashing Saban over Tua's injury ]

How little game experience their starter would get if he were pulled every time they get a good lead with their weak schedule.

Nov 16, 2019, 7:03 PM

I agree with you assessment. I guess they don't care if the backup QB gets injured?

Nov 16, 2019, 7:06 PM

You have every right to express your opinion. My opinion after his surgery and coming back, losing against LSU and limping off the field, Tua should have never even started the game, complete mistake. I said this before he even got hurt. Let the kid rest and get back as healthy as possible.
Jones can handle it.

that's what I said

Nov 16, 2019, 7:07 PM

He never should have started.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

even if he does start you pull him much quicker than

Nov 16, 2019, 7:08 PM [ in reply to Re: I disagree with everyone bashing Saban over Tua's injury ]

you normally would due to the injury

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we are all in agreement, he should not have played

Nov 16, 2019, 7:10 PM [ in reply to Re: I disagree with everyone bashing Saban over Tua's injury ]

Once he plays the coach will leave the starter in for at minimal a first half, just unfortunate injury.

Trevor played into 2nd half up 28, was Dabo wrong ??? No, he is playing his #1 guy, who happened to injure his knee on first possession. Luckily it was nothing serious.

Just unlucky, plain and simple.

its Not anyones fault that he got hurt. But drum beat for

Nov 16, 2019, 7:39 PM

allowing kids to turn Pro earlier will get louder. He potentially lost millions. Feel terrible for him

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't bash him for playing him in the game, but I sure

Nov 16, 2019, 7:42 PM

as heyall do for the way he answered questions about the injuries to him and several other players. He seems to have not an ounce of feeling or compassion about any of them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic