Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I did not have a good feeling about the ND game before Sat.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

I did not have a good feeling about the ND game before Sat.

Nov 11, 2020, 1:32 PM

with all the injuries on defense. I was concerned about being able to stop ND. The injuries in the 4th quarter really had me concerned. I hope everyone will get healthy before the end of the year. DJ did a great job again @ QB. I feel better about next year after watching him play these last 2 games. The only silver lining in the lose is beating them in the ACCCG and getting 2 ACC schools in the playoffs.
Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I did not have a good feeling about the ND game before Sat.

Nov 11, 2020, 3:07 PM

I am guessing that I am the only one.

Nov 11, 2020, 3:36 PM

Our Tigers will return to their rightful place in the “drive”. They will not allow a little green elf to destroy what Dabo has built.

Nov 11, 2020, 4:26 PM [ in reply to Re: I did not have a good feeling about the ND game before Sat. ]

No you ain't the only one. I told my brother-in-law Saturday afternoon, "ND by 2 touchdowns."

After the way the D struggled early the 2 previous weeks and the O line being unable to open up holes for the backs against inferior opponents, I didn't think it would go well against a decent team like ND. I was actually surprised we were that close.

The good news is, the Tigers as a whole, are young this year. There are a lot of 4 and 5 star recruits but they are young. They'll come around. We were due a regular season loss, shoot it's been 2 years!

Another reason for the current woes is the injuries. Dang, it seems like, we've had more injuries so far this season than the past 5 combined!!

I could be wrong, but I believe the abbreviated pre-season could be partially to blame for all these problems as well as the seemingly increased amount of penalties we've had.

Once Dabo and company gets the young guys "coached up" and the injuries healed up, the Tigers will be right back on top again. WE AIN'T LSU!! :) :) :)

ST

Nov 11, 2020, 4:46 PM [ in reply to Re: I did not have a good feeling about the ND game before Sat. ]

I dunno. Injuries and covid happen, so no excuses. However, if we had all starters available, I think we win by at least 17. It took them 2 overtimes combined with us shooting ourselves in the foot a few times, combined with no pass rush to beat us.

I expected us to be better prepared than we were

Nov 11, 2020, 4:31 PM

For BC getting our backups game film/ reps. Having so many out seemed to limit our play calling on both sides of the ball.

It was a very similar game to BC. This is a great time for an off week. We have a lot of work to do

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2020, 5:23 PM

I also had a bad feeling about it for several reasons. Too many elite players out, poor play in previous two games against inferior talent, and literally the law of averages. Eventually we were going to lose a big game and this one was away and against a team with revenge on its mind. They came to play. Unfortunately, ND came at the worst time and we paid for it. However, I do feel we will win convincingly should we meet again and we are healthy.
Go Tigers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2020, 8:40 PM

I agree 100 %. We also lost our best returning receiver before the season started. Powell has really shine in the last 2 week tho.

I was cautious but Dabo & company have changed my pre-game

Nov 11, 2020, 8:46 PM

musings.

The thing not mentioned above is that, in addition to all that has already been mentioned about missing starters and the like, our QB was HURT and CHANGED the plays that were available to us.

That is HUGE. Hard to even measure that impact, in my opinion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: I was cautious but Dabo & company have changed my pre-game

Nov 11, 2020, 8:58 PM

I agree we did not use the QB to run in the BC game or ND game. That is a big part of the offense.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic