Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I couldn’t even think of a team that should get
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

I couldn’t even think of a team that should get

Dec 28, 2020, 9:59 PM

In with only 6 wins, whenever everyone else has played 10-12 games. Maybe Alabama? I can almost guarantee you Clemson would not get in with a 6 game schedule especially if there are other teams that have played 10-12 games. What makes the Ohio state that special? What have they done recently? It’s absolutely bs! Not because of that who we play, they are simply not deserving! Period!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I couldn’t even think of a team that should get

Dec 28, 2020, 10:05 PM

For the love of God, for the thousandth time, it has everything to do with Ohio State and the B1G having the largest football fan base in the country that is very attractive to advertisers. It's that simple.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2020, 10:12 PM

You mean the Big 10 that gets smoked like a brisket every time the playoffs roll around? Do we really want to see that again?

+1 for the “smoked brisket” reference . . .

Dec 29, 2020, 12:05 AM

was hoping for a mackerel reference . . . but I’m good with brisket . . . Well Played!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2020, 10:09 PM

How many teams were 6-0 this year?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2020, 10:17 PM

Sorry but 7-1, 8-1, 9-1, 10-1, 11-1 is more deserving than a 6-0.

Dec 29, 2020, 12:21 AM [ in reply to Re: I couldn’t even think of a team that should get ]

According to a quick glance of the AP poll, eight teams went into week 10 of this season having been 6-0. 3 of them are in the playoff. Ohio State leap frogged the other 5 who were arguably penalized for continuing to play.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When’s the last time a team won the National Championship with less than nine wins?***

Dec 28, 2020, 10:16 PM

Re: When’s the last time a team won the National Championship with less than nine wins?***

Dec 28, 2020, 10:21 PM

What a slap in the face to the teams that have poured their heart and soul into playing more games and they let a team in that played 4-5 less games in that could potentially win it all! Think about that for a second! That’s seriously messed up!

Dec 29, 2020, 6:55 AM

Three of the 4 teams in the CFP's could get in with playing only 6 games.
Care to guess which one wouldn't?
You ask what makes OSU special!
It's the same thing that makes Alabama and Notre Dame special.
It's History, tradition, and name recognition.
Clemson, relatively speaking, is the new kid on the block. Even though they have two National Championships since the inception of the CFP's, they are still having to prove themselves.
How long that takes is yet to be seen, but until stations like eSECpn "seriously" begin to include Clemson in the conversation instead of as that annoying team nobody wants ,we will always be, IMO, that one team that won't get in with only 6 wins.

Dec 29, 2020, 3:14 PM

You can talk about how “prestigious” Ohio state Buckeye program is. The truth is, is the big 14 any different than the ACC? Clemson> Ohio state, Wake=Rutgers, Michigan state= Florida state, Michigan= Miami, Duke=Iowa, Nebraska=Virginia, Maryland=NC state, Duke= Northwestern, Illinois = Virgina tech, Wisconsin= GT. How is Big 10 4th best? Prove me wrong.

We WOULDN’T get in at 6-0 and the story would be how weak

Dec 29, 2020, 7:09 AM

the ACC was, how we got those 6 wins against teams whose combined record was 9-42, and how stupid the ACC was for starting so late.

Ridiculous.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: We WOULDN’T get in at 6-0 and the story would be how weak

Dec 29, 2020, 8:03 AM

Not so ridiculous if you consider how most everybody looks at the Power 5 conferences.
Just my take, but right now I see the ACC, overall top to bottom ,as the 4th strongest conference in terms of strength of schedule and team records.
Again, just my opinion, and in a regular non pandemic year, I see the SEC, the Big 10,the Big 12,the ACC then the Pac 12.
The ACC is hurting right now with teams like Ga. Tech ,and FSU needing major rebuilds, and Miami somehow needing to shed that "Thug" mentality.
Notre Dame was good this year, but they do more harm than good by dictating to the Conference their stand on football. I for one hope the new commissioner tells then you are either "All-In" or "Hit the Road" when it comes to joining the conference.
And of course we are still seen as a "Basketball" conference but with Duke cancelling games left and right and UNC being down, well hopefully you see my point.
No not ridiculous at all, but just the way the pundits view us.

Dec 29, 2020, 7:09 AM

great, now the guys over at 11 warriors have additional ammo to call us whiners.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic