Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I can't believe Georgia is #4.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 59
| visibility 1

I can't believe Georgia is #4.

Nov 12, 2019, 8:37 PM

They lost at home to a South Carolina team with a losing record, who was playing with its third string QB; a team that has lost to Appalachian State.

There is NO WAY Georgia belongs in the top 4 with their performance thus far. SEC bias at its finest.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I can't believe Georgia is #4.

Nov 12, 2019, 8:43 PM

Totally agree. 1 quality win. Just ask if we’d be in with a loss to unc? Not even close. ND had a qb that could throw further than 10 yards, they’d have curb stomped uga.

As for Florida, I’d rank them next to aTm. Even odds. We’ll see at the end of the year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just pull for Gus and the Barners...***

Nov 12, 2019, 8:43 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...and add in Jimbo and his 12-man team...***

Nov 12, 2019, 8:45 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ...and add in Jimbo and his 12-man team...***

Nov 12, 2019, 8:49 PM

ug implodes per usual. Just wait.
Suc is right on schedule...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What would Mike Williams say . . .

Nov 12, 2019, 8:48 PM

If asked what his thoughts were about UGA being placed at #4 . . . "Child, please!!!!!!!"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What would Mike Williams say???

Nov 12, 2019, 8:50 PM

Another piggy back ride???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2019, 8:58 PM

Agree but they won't last. LSU will finish them off and the race will be on for the 4 spot.

I agree, but it's still ridiculous.***

Nov 12, 2019, 8:59 PM

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Nov 12, 2019, 9:13 PM

Who should be 4 then? They did lose to Usuck and no excuse for that but they are still one of the 6 best teams in the nation imo. They have much better Ws than Bama. Bama has the better L. It's like having 2 Lambos and a Hyundai or 3 Cadillacs. Which would you take?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2019, 9:15 PM

One of these bozos is going to say Minnesota. Lol.

Nov 12, 2019, 9:22 PM

True!

Nov 12, 2019, 9:24 PM [ in reply to Re: I can't believe Georgia is #4. ]

Says one of the biggest bozos on tnet

Nov 12, 2019, 9:31 PM

Heeh??

Says one of the biggest bozos on tnet

Nov 12, 2019, 9:33 PM

Not you the other guy

Nov 12, 2019, 10:06 PM

Oh yea... ??

Nov 12, 2019, 9:23 PM [ in reply to Re: I can't believe Georgia is #4. ]

They've struggled against several terrible teams, not just usuc. Anyone that's watched Georgia play this year and thinks they are a playoff caliber team is a moron.

Nov 12, 2019, 9:56 PM

Please tell me what teams they struggled against?

Nov 12, 2019, 10:19 PM

Let's see. 0-0 vs Kentucky going into the 4th quarter. 14-0 at halftime vs Mizzou without Kelly Bryant. 30-6 vs vandy. I've watched every game, they are not impressive. I was in agreement with bama being included in 2017 despite not winning their division. There last time I was this in disagreement with the committee was when that had the two Mississippi schools in and I was 100% right then. I think Georgia likely loses this weekend and definitely won't get past LSU in the championship game.

Nov 12, 2019, 10:23 PM

They won all of those games by 3 TDs or more. They outgained those teams all by atleast 100 yards. Not sure how that is struggling. It's a 4 quarter game so ya know. I don't think they look as impressive as LSU, Clemson, or OSU. I would also say Bama looks more impressive but after that UGA has been as impressive as anybody. Not sure if any team has ran for close to 100 yards on their D and I believe they have ran for over 100 easily every game. They dominate on the line of scrimmage.

Nov 12, 2019, 10:26 PM [ in reply to Re: I can't believe Georgia is #4. ]

They were up 14-0 against Kentucky entering the 4th, and 16-0 on Missouri at the half. They won those games by a combined score of 48-0 and those are your examples of them struggling? I do think Georgia is a large step behind the top 3 teams, but I also can’t make a legit argument of any team behind them having an overall more impressive resume either.

Nov 12, 2019, 9:28 PM [ in reply to Re: I can't believe Georgia is #4. ]

Based on their record they’re obviously not one of the best 4 teams. Oregon should be ahead of them and, yes, Minnesota should be too. Every other division of football plays it out on the field, and that’s what really matters. Based on that UGA is NOT a top 4 team

Nov 12, 2019, 10:02 PM

Somewhat W does Oregon have that is better than 2 of UGA's? Minn beat one ranked team, went to OT against 4-5 Fresno St and beat GSU by 3 points. Great team right there. UGA has beat ND and UF. Ofcourse I don't think those teams are great but they are better than the teams Minn or Oregon have beaten with the exception of maybe PSU.

Nov 13, 2019, 5:15 AM

I get your argument, but where’s the consistency within the committee? Clemson was punished for a close win. You can spin it any way you want, but the fact remains that UGA lost. At home. As a 24 point favorite. To a 4-6 football team. They don’t have any business in the conversation as a top 4 team. Period.

Nov 13, 2019, 7:15 AM

I understand what you are saying I just believe Wins matter more than Losses.

Top 6 based off what?

Nov 13, 2019, 9:04 AM [ in reply to Re: I can't believe Georgia is #4. ]

The cfp says ignore what clemson did last year.. its anot 3 this year. Clemson played weak schedule. Clemson barely beat unc.

Uga haS played a weak schedule.. lost to scar.

Seems they are getting a lot of votes on the previous 2 years. ...OR.. that florida win.

Oregon, Utah. Oklahoma could easily be at 4...or yes even Minnesota.

What makes you think uga is a top 4 team?

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Top 6 based off what?

Nov 13, 2019, 12:11 PM

They have wins over 2 top 20 teams. What one L team has more? They have a top 4 rushing D and a top 25 rushing O. They have a Senior QB who is proven. What one L team should be ahead of them and why?

Nov 12, 2019, 9:26 PM

So was it ACC bias when we were ranked #1 in 2017 even though we lost to a Syracuse team that finished 4-8?

Nov 12, 2019, 9:32 PM

Is this a serious question? Clemson had beaten 5 top 20 teams that year 4 of which were top 15. They had also lost their starting QB in that game. Georgia lost with their starting QB vs a 4-8 team that was playing it's 3rd string QB.

Nov 12, 2019, 9:35 PM

Georgia has beaten 2 top 15 teams this year which bid more than the other top 10 teams behind them. I also suppose we were dominating Syracuse that night before Bryant went out?

Nov 12, 2019, 9:41 PM

2 top 15 teams vs 4? Clemson had an off night much like Georgia did this year. Difference it's Georgia had struggled against multiple terrible teams this year and has a very one dimensional offense. Nothing like 2017 Clemson. That Clemson team would dominate this year's Georgia.

Nov 12, 2019, 9:59 PM

Who else have they struggled with?

Nov 12, 2019, 10:19 PM

Struggle against Mizzou, Kentucky, and yes even Tennessee and scar finally beat them. Uga also didn’t dominate vandy.

If ND had a coach and a QB, they would have handled uga and won.

I’d have to put them in a bowl of names with the other teams and pull randomly from the bowl for 5-10. Hate to admit it but I really would have kept bama at 4.

Scar is a bad loss. No way you can compare that loss to our loss to cuse or pitt.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2019, 7:09 AM

The teams you mention, UGA shutout 27-0, 21-0, 43-14, and 30-6. What's your standard for not struggling? There was never a moment in any of those games anyone thought the opponent would beat UGA. The knock on UGA this year seems to be how they are winning. UGA doesn't come out tossing it all over the yard to quickly go up 28-0, so people have the misguided notion they aren't very good.

Careful with what would have happened "if only." If you want to play that game, "if" NC turns a two-pointer, Clemson winds up fighting their way back into the top 10.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2019, 7:53 AM

This is one of the rare times I agree with you so enjoy it. We seem to forget that we lost to an awful Pitt, a not so good Syracuse one year and were offended we weren’t #1 over Bama and being doubted. I think Georgia is a good team, will be beaten to a bloody pulp by LSU in the title game and Bama moves into their spot.

Uhh when the first rankings came out in 2017 we had 2 top 15 wins,

Nov 12, 2019, 9:57 PM [ in reply to Re: I can't believe Georgia is #4. ]

not 4, and we were ranked 4th. Gotta compare apples to apples.

Nov 12, 2019, 10:05 PM [ in reply to Re: I can't believe Georgia is #4. ]

So when we beat those teams they were legit top 25 teams but when UGA beats a top 25 team those teams were overrated right? Ofcourse their L to Usuck was bad but they outgained them by almost 200 yards. Fromm had a bad game and their CB had a crazy game. UGAs automatic kicker missed some FGs. It was just a crazy game and anybody who watched it knows UGA is way better than Usuck.

Nov 12, 2019, 10:07 PM [ in reply to Re: I can't believe Georgia is #4. ]

The problem is this committee is not consistent.

One team gets penalized for a close win, the next team with a terrible loss but a couple good wins gets rewarded. And then of course there is Bama who always benefits from the “eye test”. Minnesota has a better win than them but they sit three spots behind them. There are contradictions everywhere.

I like that 4 teams are included with the playoff but the selection process should be objective and at least the BCS was.

Nov 12, 2019, 10:13 PM

Bama didn't bear GSU by 3 points and go to OT against a below .500 Fresno St team either. They beat teams like that by 4+ TDs.

Nov 12, 2019, 10:15 PM [ in reply to Re: I can't believe Georgia is #4. ]

No knock on Minn they have certainly been killing most big 10 teams lately and if they were ranked ahead of UGA i wouldn't have much a problem with it but they were not impressive early in the year and UGA has beaten 2 very good teams while Minn has beat 1. If Minn beats Iowa and Wisc they will or at least should jump UGA imo.

Nov 12, 2019, 11:34 PM [ in reply to Re: I can't believe Georgia is #4. ]

Hey, TC!
I finally found a reason to TU!

Nov 12, 2019, 9:39 PM

Its shameful.

Sounds kind of like 2017 Clemson to me

Nov 12, 2019, 9:52 PM

Some good wins against Auburn, Louisville, and VT but a terrible loss to Cuse. 2017 Clemson was in the top 4 and ultimately ended up with the #1 seed. I remember tons of fans of other school saying Clemson had no business being ranked in the top 4 with a loss to Cuse.

Re: Sounds kind of like 2017 Clemson to me

Nov 12, 2019, 9:55 PM

Nothing like 2017 Clemson. Clemson had beaten 5 top 20 teams that year 4 of which were top 15. They had also lost their starting QB in that game. Georgia lost with their starting QB vs a 4-8 team that was playing it's 3rd string QB

Check my post above. We had 2 ranked wins at the time

Nov 12, 2019, 10:02 PM

and were ranked 4th. You are trying to compare our end of the year resume with Georgia's resume through 9 games.

I find the double standard around here humorous.

Bama shouldn't get a pass for Tuas injury but 2017 should because KB missed half the Cuse game. Georgia shouldn't get a pass for losing to SC but 2017 Clemson getting a pass for losing to Cuse was 100% justifiable.

Re: Check my post above. We had 2 ranked wins at the time

Nov 12, 2019, 10:11 PM

People are haters bro. Close minded people in the world. If it's Clemson it's one way but any other team it's another. I don't think UGA is as good as we are but they are certainly one of the top 5 or 6 teams in the country. They stop the run and run the ball as good or better than any team, they have a Senior QB, and they have one of the best RBs in the country. They are a dang good team. They get to prove it again Saturday against a highly ranked Auburn team who beat Oregon who is one if the teams right behind UGa that maybe people think should be ahead of them. They played Auburn with their freshman QB playing his first game while Oregon has a top 3 qb going in the draft this year.

I actually hate Georgia too. I try not to let it

Nov 12, 2019, 10:31 PM

cloud my judgement of them though.

I think they have an elite defense but with a very spotty offense that can be limited greatly by a good defense. I don't think Georgia is national title caliber but I also think they have a pretty good resume right now they compared favorably to any other 1 loss team.

They actually have quite a bit in common with 2017 Clemson. I think orange glasses convinced us we could compete with Bama, Geoegia, and Oklahoma in the playoff that year when the reality was we were just far too limited and far too easy to defend with KB2 at QB. The only team we might've beaten in that final four is OU because their defense was bad enough that it couldnt just shut down our offense.

Re: I actually hate Georgia too. I try not to let it

Nov 12, 2019, 10:45 PM

They are certainly not on the level of the top 3 or maybe even Bama imo but they have the line on both sides to be so and i believe Fromm can lead them to the Natty possible. They have as much talent as any team besides maybe at WR. We will see the rest of the year. This stuff all plays out.

Re: Check my post above. We had 2 ranked wins at the time

Nov 12, 2019, 10:33 PM [ in reply to Check my post above. We had 2 ranked wins at the time ]

I actually didn't have Clemson as number 1 at the end of the year that year and not sure where I had them at that point. But Clemson's loss to Syracuse isn't in the same stratosphere as the loss to usuc. Syracuse had a top 25 offense that year. They played a close game with LSU losing by 9. Usuc isn't top 25 in anything. I think Georgia will end up with 3-4 losses before the year is over so it doesn't matter anyways.

Nov 12, 2019, 10:27 PM

Neither Georgia nor Alabama should be 4th.

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

agree, it’s absurd***

Nov 12, 2019, 11:23 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2019, 5:48 AM

I won't argue that UGA shouldn't be 4 but the team behind them is Bama. If the committee puts Bama in at 4 (where I think they should be) is it still SEC bias?

#4 spot, AKA, where the 2nd SEC team goes at some point

Nov 13, 2019, 5:52 AM

UGA is merely the current placeholder

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2019, 6:02 AM

Its not remotely surprising they are 4. It was going to be them or Alabama. Basically the committee put Georgia there knowing that they have to win out and win the SEC. If they do they are in. If they dont they are out. Why is it even remotely surprising?

Nov 13, 2019, 7:50 AM

The reason they're still in it is: UGA plays Auburn #13, TAMU, and then #1 LSU in the SECCG. They have a clear path if they win out to possibly be #1 or #2 in the CFP. The pundits somehow think UGA is all that great. They are only good against very weak teams. UF is a weak team in spite of what they all think.

For me, I'm pulling for Auburn this week, and a loss in that game should possibly knock UGA down to 5th as it will be considered a quality loss. UGA and Bama will simply change positions and both will still be granted access to the CFP.

Nov 13, 2019, 8:20 AM

Georgia loses to Auburn, only falls one spot and makes the playoff. Yeah, that's realistic.

Nov 13, 2019, 8:25 AM

UGA won't fall just one spot with a second loss..FYI.

Nov 13, 2019, 8:26 AM

Of course that won't happen. I responded to the guy suggesting it would.

Nov 13, 2019, 8:29 AM

How do you feel about your team right now and your chances of winning out?

Nov 13, 2019, 8:46 AM

I think we win at Auburn then beat A&M and Tech. Far less optimistic about winning the SEC title game. LSU just seems to be clicking right now. If we can run the ball and pressure Burrow we'll have a chance. If not, I fear with the way he is playing he'll carve us up.

Replies: 59
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic