Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I cannot understand how Alabama is taking votes froM Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

I cannot understand how Alabama is taking votes froM Clemson

Oct 5, 2020, 3:04 AM

because Bama has give a lot of points up in 2 games. Teams which are comparable to ACC teams. Both Clemson and Bama easily beat this past Saturday’s opponents. If you compare Texas A & M to Virginia I would say they were both pretty equal teams. I don’t see where Alabama has done anything special to gain on Clemson. I see it is as SEC biased plus a love fest with Bama and Saban.

I cannot believe Kirk H picked Bama over Clemson just shows SEC biased. I hope we play bama for NC and kick their butts again.

Apple needs to work on its new spelling sentence formation app. It’s a POS!

Message was edited by: wueagle86®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I cannot understand how Alabama is going on Clemson because Bama

Oct 5, 2020, 3:30 AM

This has been going for years the sec always has more espn and money please they are racist

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I cannot understand how Alabama is taking votes froM Clemson

Oct 5, 2020, 4:36 AM

Because it's Alabama. Same with Notre Dame .Call it Star Power ,Prestige ,tradition, history of winning programs, programs that were winning National Championships even before Danny Ford won it 1981.
That's how they do. They are old school .Clemson is the new young kid on the block .Give Dabo one, or two more shots at hoisting that trophy and see then who gets the votes.
It's closer now than it' ever been .Be patient.

Oct 5, 2020, 5:30 AM

I watched the Bama game while in route to Clemson. The Tide played better Saturday. Hopefully Clemson will come out ready to go against Miami.

Oct 5, 2020, 7:32 AM

Because Clemson's coaches and players are too busy doing videos to stamp out racial injustice and playing with their helmet stickers.

Oct 5, 2020, 7:33 AM

we were 4 TDs favorite going into the game. It could have been more closer than the score indicated if not for the two interceptions. It is part of the game though and one of the interceptions was awesome.
Overall Clemson played flat and and I don’t recall the last time we had so many penalties in a game.

The way we played could also be because Virginia is under rated by the experts and they think the game should have been over by the 2nd or 3rd quarter. But I believe what Dabo said after the game: this (Virginia ) team is going to win a lot of games.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Oct 5, 2020, 8:00 AM

Alabama would eat our lunch right now.

That may not be the case in January. But it is now. They are dialed-in on football and not preoccupied with fashioning themselves social justice warriors.

Bama’s defense is NOT playing well. Both Missouri and

Oct 5, 2020, 8:29 AM

a struggling A&M racked up a lot of offense against Bama. A&M only best Vandy 17-12.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

aTm has a bigger stadium than UVA. HTH.***

Oct 5, 2020, 8:18 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

It’s systemic inequality.***

Oct 5, 2020, 8:26 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2020, 8:27 AM

We really haven't lost all that many votes. In the first preseason poll we had 38 first place votes, Ohio State had 21, and Bama had 2.

That changed to 60 for Clemson and none for Ohio State and Bama who didn't play over the first two weeks of the season. After The Big 10 decided to play and Bama played their first game it became 55 first place votes for Clemson, 4 for Ohio State, and 3 for Bama. After this past week it became 52 for Clemson, 8 for Bama, and 2 for Ohio State.

So you have to keep in mind that a total of 23 voters originally thought that a team other than Clemson was #1 before the schedules got all changed around. Don't be surprised to see Ohio State game 1st place votes once they start playing.

Its easy. 1st u have to understand these are AP rankings

Oct 5, 2020, 8:39 AM

They are not facts. They are used to promote sports and sell commercials.

No different than any promoter trying to sell an event. If you are promoting a boxing event you put 40-5 on the poster. You don't mention the boxer is over the hill and got knocked out in his last 5 fights.

Heck the rankings alone create revenue. The major league sports would love to have a ranking.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Oct 5, 2020, 8:39 AM

I can. Did you see Bama play. Did you see our defense give up four 4/1 to UVA?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2020, 8:44 AM

In the words of Aaron Rogers,

R E L A X.

It'll all work out. After the national championship game is over nobody cares about who was voted number 1 in the polls on the first week of October.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This happens every year. You should be used to it by now.

Oct 5, 2020, 8:45 AM

When has Clemson ever gotten the benefit of the doubt when Bama or OSU is undefeated? Once Bama drops a game then we might jump above them but the narrative is and always will be that the ACC is inferior to the Big 10 and the SEC, therefore OSU and Bama are considered on a higher plane than little ole Clemson. We just want to make sure we aren't getting booted by some dumb Big12 or Pac12 team for that 4th spot. Bc we just need to make sure we are in the Top 4 at the end and thats it. Bc we usually handle our business once we get in.

Oct 5, 2020, 8:48 AM

SEC. SEC. SEC. SEC. SEC. SEC. SEC. SEC. Come on everybody, it’s fun. SEC. SEC. SEC. SEC. SEC. SEC.

Oct 5, 2020, 9:28 AM

Every year you see the same thing as far as Clemson wins. Because Clemson uses so many players during the entire game, the wins don't look as clean as Alabama or some of the other teams out there. This plan has been proven to pay off at the end of the season but IMHO, during the season this plan combined with strength of conference and the overrated/inflated view of the SEC, is the reason for Clemson's drop in the rankings.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic