Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our ticket office needs to change basketball ticketing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Our ticket office needs to change basketball ticketing

Feb 16, 2020, 5:14 AM

How the ticket office deals with basketball ticketing is a joke. Not many people will attend 18 Clemson basketball home games, it's just not going to happen. The clubs are obviously sold as season tickets and that is understood. Why do we seriously have to sell every single lower deck tickets as season tickets? MLB, NBA, NFL, and other college teams hold so many lower and upper deck tickets away from season ticket sales, this keeps fans interested in getting into the sport able to get a decent seat. The STH buys all the lowers and leaves about 4,000 upper decks for sale... meaning nobody ever shows up.. When you advertise on the radio we're playing a little school and your average dad looks up what tickets are available, they have no interest in the upper deck... Yes you can usually acquire them secondary market-wise, but many people don't think to check that.

Every time Clemson has tested general admission, it has been a success, people would rather pay and arrive early to get a good seat then just be forced to the upper deck. I don't know, but Clemson's ticket office doesn't help our basketball team have better attendance.

You have people with so much money that they get these tickets and they don't care if they can't make it, they just don't sell or give away the tickets causing empty seats. Not trying to say I have a problem with being rich, but let's not kid ourselves, these people aren't gonna spend an hour selling their tickets for $20. This isn't a problem in football, but it is humiliating how our stadium if half empty if the team's color isn't blue and from NC.

I know multiple people who say this is why they won't attend a Clemson basketball game, people don't show up and they have to sit in the Upper if they do end up going. News flash to whoever is running things up there, people don't show up to basketball games last second to sit in the upper deck, littlejohn in 2014 always had tickets get returned to be sold hours before the game, I always got lower deck that way.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our ticket office needs to change basketball ticketing

Feb 16, 2020, 5:16 AM

I'd almost like to see a program put in place where STH can click one button and their tickets can be sold for face value at the ticket office if they cannot make it for like a 5-10% service fee.

Feb 16, 2020, 6:03 AM

What a fantastic idea!

Feb 16, 2020, 9:15 AM

I get what you’re saying. I wish they would do game packages for the lower seats. Weekends vs weekday games or some type of combination. If you are a devout season ticket holder who lives close to campus, then Clemson could give a discount for buying several packages. You know there are STH who only plan to attend the weekend games, and obviously only a few of those.

Same situation for baseball. It’s frustrating to see so many empty seats in the grandstands.

Feb 16, 2020, 8:35 PM

That's my thing, how can Pro teams and other colleges hold seats, but Clemson can't? It's bad for attendance. I almost feel like any non intern that works there is mostly concerned with club seating (The big money donors), it's common sense nobody wants to sit in those upper deck seats. If the STH doesn't show up to 75% of the games, the tickets should be revoked.

Feb 16, 2020, 5:49 AM

How about 30 minutes before game time you get to sit in any empty seat? Tickets are 15 or 20 or ticket price at the door. First come with electronic seat monitor to buy your seat... no premium deal to buy the seat. A snap ticket app.

Message was edited by: tigersnake1954®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2020, 8:54 PM

Occasionally at December games they will announce to the crowd or tell individual sections they can move down about 5 minutes into the game. They really should do this any time the arena is less than half full.

Feb 16, 2020, 7:42 AM

Baseball is just as bad. There's no way all of the seats are sold out from first base to third base. So now if you want to attend the baseball game they're going to cram you in the outfield.

People who live hours away simply are not going to come. Dumb dumb dumb

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2020, 8:12 AM

Every comment posted before mine is absolutely correct. I salute each poster for their insight into some of the problems with game attendance at basketball and baseball. This is a big time issue in my view!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

add softball to that

Feb 16, 2020, 9:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Our ticket office needs to change basketball ticketing ]

already plenty of empties first weekend.

If you buy season tickets --- come to the games. ALL OF THEM.
Or give them to somebody who will.

I am a BB season ticket holder, and I agree...

Feb 16, 2020, 9:25 PM

OK....I feel a beat-down coming, but I am a relatively long time ticket holder. I have six tickets, and I used to go alot, but life gets in the way and kids get older with their own agendas. I have not been to a game this year. I always ask my clients and my work folks if they want them, and it is RARE that I get takers.

My nephew is at Clemson now, and he rarely wants them.

I wish there was an exchange through the school that I could easily sell them back at game time for really any amount (as they go unused alot)... Does the ticket office do this in any form or fashion?

But it's definitely a chicken and egg thing....nobody wants them because LJ is sometimes quiet and the play is thought to be boring, and LJ is sometimes lifeless because attendance is sometimes poor.

So should I give up my tickets with the hopes some other lifelong Clemson fan will buy them next season and attend every game (as my wife wanted me to do), or continue buying them in the hopes that work folks and my family will want to go again next year and in the years to come?

I love Clemson and basketball. I look forward to next year when our team will be much better, I believe, and when I am there for at least half of the games!

Go Tigers.

An easy plan for resale is what is needed for STH

Feb 17, 2020, 6:33 AM

I have been in the outfield for every baseball game I have been to. Sad when many of the seats are empty. I am betting many STH would welcome a way to easily notify Clemson to resale their ticket.

I bought my tickets to the UL game in December

Feb 17, 2020, 12:28 PM

and got the LAST ROW of the upper deck. There were empty seats in front of me. I was wondering how this happens. Not a nice way to treat an IPTAY member.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I bought my tickets to the UL game in December

Feb 17, 2020, 12:47 PM

At the game Saturday and enjoyed while visiting son (who is a current junior). The only one I will go to this year because of distance.

I realize that there was a lot going on with a track meet, baseball and softball also being played. But they need to work on parking. The Iptay b-ball Lot (behind WEZ) was only 15% full.

Re: I bought my tickets to the UL game in December

Feb 17, 2020, 1:44 PM

We don’t have parking for the spring game, so just go first come, pick your spot. Park early to get the best spots. No parking passes for anyone.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic