Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Republicans are blowing their opportunity to do
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Republicans are blowing their opportunity to do

Jan 12, 2021, 12:58 AM

the right thing yet again.

If they won't agree to remove a president that has incited an attack on the capitol, with a full congress and vice president in attendance, for the reason of blocking certification of a free and accurate election, and resulting in the deaths of five people, including a police officer, then how much do republican politicians really care about our nation. Seems like anyone who opposes removal from office really cares more about their political party, or their own personal political career. I saw one republican yesterday that said he felt that Trump learned his lesson Wednesday, that he had touched the hot stove and wouldn't do so again. Are you kidding me?

They are calling for unity. That's what Biden is calling for and hopes to nurture after he is in office. But that has nothing to do with holding someone accountable for what happened on January 6, 2021. If this nation does not hold a president accountable for that, then we have nothing.

These people, led by Trump, tried to take our votes, our election and our democracy because they were on the losing side. Trump felt his personal election was more important than our entire democracy, not to mention the covid vaccine rollout or the economy. And some senators and representatives enabled him for over two months, by going along with The Big Lie. I don't have to list the names, we all know who they are. One of them is a senator from South Carolina.

There is no time to remove him with impeachment. Well, there would be if Mitch McConnell wasn't so spineless in refusing to call the Senate back. If he won't call them back for this, my God, what would it take? Pence should invoke the 25th, if he had an ounce of wanting to do what's right here. The Republican leadership should go to Trump, as they did Nixon, and tell him that the show is over and that he must resign, or they will see to it that he is removed either by Pence and the 25h, or by calling the Senate back.

Right now, this country is a ship with nobody driving. There is literally no leadershipp left. Most of the cabinet has resigned, the head of the police has resigned. THe White House hasn't even had a press conference to address the deaths, the trashed capitol, the resignation of national security advisors and Homeland Secrurity secretary. I mean not a word. Literally senators are calling the White House and can't get anyone to answer.

Five people died on our capitol grounds when a rag tag group of yahoos took it over in five minutes! And there's been no accountability except for the little people that have been arrested across our nation. They will round as many of them up as they can. But I can tell you who won't be held accountable, the president and the senators and representatives that enabled him. The speakers that spoke with him that morning won't be held accountable either. How did this country, with such a brilliant constitution and system, end up with the office of president being above the law? How did we get here?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Republicans are blowing their opportunity to do

Jan 12, 2021, 1:23 AM

Great post Clemson81to85.

With regard to the comment about touching the hot stove and believing he won't do it again. That came from Missouri Senator Roy Blunt. No, Senator Blunt, he didn't touch a hot stove. The President had his minions to touch the hot stove while he sat back and watched with glee. Trump never got burned.

That is the exact same thing that Maine Senator Susan Collins said after the first time Trump was impeached. Yeah, he really changed after that first impeachment.

Boy, Missouri has quite a set of Senators representing them in Congress between Blunt and Hawley. Sleazy and Sleazier.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is already being removed in a week

Jan 12, 2021, 1:23 AM

that's what elections do

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He is already being removed in a week

Jan 12, 2021, 1:25 AM

Is your point as long as your coup does not work and your term is short, no harm, no foul? Just wow.

Future dictators welcome here!

I thought Republicans believed in accountability.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

coup attempt LOL

Jan 12, 2021, 1:37 AM

Nobody was attempting to overthrow the government by violent force. These idiots were no different that blm and antifa idiots.

Don't worry, there was no takeover of the government possible. Those that broke the law are being arrested. I'm sure there are some that were let into the Capital building and walked right in will also be arrested.

I hope every single person that broke the law is arrested.

I support anyone's right for peaceful protest, but that right stops as soon as the violence starts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

coup attempts are no laughing matter

Jan 12, 2021, 1:43 AM

Really? They weren't trying to keep Trump in office by violence? Okay, you keep believing that. There nothing here to laugh about.

LOL***

Jan 12, 2021, 7:11 AM

Then why shouldn't Trump be held accountable. So just all

Jan 12, 2021, 8:29 AM [ in reply to coup attempt LOL ]

the little people, not the one that incited it and created the big lie.

Jan 12, 2021, 8:12 AM [ in reply to Re: He is already being removed in a week ]

Coupe is a car.So" as long as your car does not work "...And as I have already tried to explain ,a coup attempt involves a large armed force with tanks,machine guns,SAMS,gernade launchers,and a lot of dead politicians.Research historical coup attempts.But what do you expect from uneducated people who can't spell.

Jan 12, 2021, 9:32 AM

You're the one that needs to educate yourself.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/01/11/capitol-riot-self-coup-trump-fiona-hill-457549

Jan 12, 2021, 5:02 PM

I have educated myself in civil engineering at CU.Retired early.Building a house on Lake Keowee.

Jan 12, 2021, 5:05 PM

Oh great a biased left wing news agency.I was talking about historical coups moron not a biased news source.No wonder you are stupid!

Jan 12, 2021, 5:07 PM

Oh thats right ya'll want to erase history!

Jan 12, 2021, 7:51 PM [ in reply to Re: He is already being removed in a week ]

Did you read it? You can keep calling me stupid all you want. Just because somebody disagrees with you does not make them stupid. I graduated magna ### laude from Clemson University.

You said: "And as I have already tried to explain ,a coup attempt involves a large armed force with tanks,machine guns,SAMS,gernade launchers,and a lot of dead politicians.Research historical coup attempts."

You are wrong, there is something called a self-coup that involves none of that and the author gives historical examples. She is an expert that served as deputy assistant to the president and senior director for European and Russian affairs on the National Security Council from 2017 to 2019. She has been studying these things for 30 years. I think I will take her word over some self-appointed internet expert.

"These observations are based on the idea that a coup is a sudden, violent seizure of power involving clandestine plots and military takeovers. By contrast, Trump’s goal was to keep himself in power, and his actions were taken over a period of months and in slow motion.

But that doesn’t mean it wasn’t a coup attempt. Trump disguised what he was doing by operating in plain sight, talking openly about his intent. He normalized his actions so people would accept them. I’ve been studying authoritarian regimes for three decades, and I know the signs of a coup when I see them.

Technically, what Trump attempted is what’s known as a “self-coup” and Trump isn’t the first leader to try it. Charles Louis Napoleon Bonaparte (nephew of the first Napoleon) pulled one off in France in December 1851 to stay in power beyond his term. Then he declared himself Emperor, Napoleon III. More recently, Nicolas Maduro perpetrated a self-coup in Venezuela after losing the 2017 elections."

I realize I am probably wasting my time as your mind is clearly not open to taking in this information. Good luck in your retirement on Lake Keowee.

So just let bygone be bygones. He needs to be removed to

Jan 12, 2021, 8:28 AM [ in reply to He is already being removed in a week ]

be held accountable. HE needs to be removed to make a statement to future administrations. He was already going to be removed because he didn't get reeleted. This is a whole new ballgame. You can't let this national crisis, created by him, go unanswered.

I quit reading at 'President incited an attack...'

Jan 12, 2021, 9:03 AM
Timeline.PNG(62.8 K)

Will you show me in a video of his speech when exactly he incited an attack on the capitol building

If you will do that for me I will be edified for I watched the speech and I was not incited to attack anything. I'm fairly easy to upset and as quick to 'pull the trigger,' on a post I don't agree with as anyone here.

I keep hearing new media say 'he incited a riot,' but no one has offered a video clip of him speaking words which incite rioters.

I know how this has worked for ages. Someone says something that others want to believe, others say it, everybody says it, it becomes fact. The Russian hoax had me believing Trump was Putin's puppet for a few months but a few real reporters like John Solomon kept showing up with the truth then Mueller set it all straight. Then the accusations went from 'Trump colluded with Putin to fix the election,' to 'Trump obstructed justice.' Pretty soon it was obvious who was lying and who wasn't. Now all the liars in the news are passing this story around.

I'm not saying that a riot didn't happen and I'm not going to claim none of Trump supporters took part. That would make me a liar. I don't lie intentionally or with foreknowledge. I fight not to lie because it is part of my nature to have things my way at any cost. I'm a typical human. I just don't think it's too much to ask for a video clip.

All I recall him saying about Capitol Hill was, I'll paraphrase it 'Y'all are going to march up to the capital and protest. Make it peaceful but let them know what the truth is.'

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have an amazingly selective memory.***

Jan 12, 2021, 9:34 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I quit reading at 'President incited an attack...'

Jan 12, 2021, 10:00 AM [ in reply to I quit reading at 'President incited an attack...' ]

So you are saying that those guys would have gone down to the Capitol and ransacked the place even if Trump had not invited them to DC and encouraged them to go down Pennsylvania Avenue - that what took place was inevitable and that Trump played NO part in escalating this situation over the last 2 months and especially on Wednesday. Really ??

I asked for the specific words which Trump used to...

Jan 12, 2021, 11:05 AM

instruct people to break into the building or riot? That's all I want. Show me. Type them out here. Surely you guys know the words. I mean everyone is repeating the same rhetoric here yet no one can quite remember the exact words which incited the riot.

I'm begging you please. Set me straight.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ah man this brings back memories

Jan 12, 2021, 11:15 AM

He didn't SAY "quid pro quo" so he's innocent.

He didn't SAY "storm the Capitol" so he has no part in what they did.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

That, and what difference does it really make?

Jan 12, 2021, 11:18 AM

There were other people committing crimes several months ago too. SAME.

Re: I asked for the specific words which Trump used to...

Jan 12, 2021, 11:25 AM [ in reply to I asked for the specific words which Trump used to... ]

Well...you just typed it yourself. Incite and Instruct (your word) are two different things. Trump didn’t ‘instruct’ anyone to do anything...but there’s no arguing that he did incite. Of course you know this already...you’re just being intentionally obtuse.

Re: I asked for the specific words which Trump used to...

Jan 12, 2021, 12:57 PM [ in reply to I asked for the specific words which Trump used to... ]

I am trying to set you straight. Is it possible for me to convey a meaning to you without using the exact words ?

Please answer my question: Do those people come to DC - or go to the Capitol Building without Trump's rhetoric (regardless of exact words) ??

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic