Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am watching a soccer match on TV
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

I am watching a soccer match on TV

Feb 20, 2021, 6:34 PM

and one thing I noticed is that there are far too many turnovers in this sport. I think at one point the red team had turned it over on 23 straight possessions before they scored, which to me is unheard of. It is no wonder the scores are so low in these games, thus the least popular sport in the world.

Anyway, I determined that the lack of blocking in soccer makes the ball carrier's job far too difficult, let alone not being able to use his/her hands.. There is no excuse for a defender to be able to casually stroll over and steal the ball away. If there are 11 guys on the field, at least 5 should be trained as blockers, while the rest are responsible for scoring. If a defender tries to steal the ball, he'll have to contend with a 310 pound full back with a bad attitude.

And don't bother, I just hit send on an email to Clemson Men's Soccer Coach Mike Noonan and told him all about my innovations to the sport. I pretty much expect a job offer by Monday.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am watching a soccer match on TV

Feb 20, 2021, 7:01 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Don’t even get me started basketball boy.

Feb 20, 2021, 7:20 PM

Could you imagine football if every time someone got roughed up a little they got to attempt two extra points? Our Tigers would never win another game again.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Could you imagine football if players actually had to play both ways

Feb 20, 2021, 7:59 PM

like in every other sport?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Once again you’ve underestimated Clemson football.

Feb 20, 2021, 8:06 PM

LOL that’s all you have?

Feb 21, 2021, 4:44 PM

Also, get back to me when football players spend most of the game running like in basketball and soccer, rather than taking breaks standing around between plays like baseball players do.

You’re intelligent and often insightful. That’s why it blows my mind

Feb 22, 2021, 9:18 AM

that you haven’t figured out that a lot of my responses to you are just to mess with you. If they weren’t then why else do I TU your posts? Yeah sometimes you’re full of it but I have never encountered many people who aren’t. Enjoy your day JK.

^^^^^^Classic example of

Feb 20, 2021, 7:30 PM

whatever you want to call it.(senseless response to a senseless post)

Ok- what’s going on with TNet?

Feb 20, 2021, 7:43 PM

Says last reply is by Francis and it is not here

Re: Ok- what’s going on with TNet?

Feb 20, 2021, 7:55 PM

this just means he has you on reverse ignore, it is a feature only Oculus spirit members can use.

I think I need that button-

Feb 20, 2021, 7:59 PM

it reminds me of not being psychic

I accidentally logged on as a mod again...

Feb 20, 2021, 8:02 PM [ in reply to Ok- what’s going on with TNet? ]

Sorry.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I guess that‘ “splains it***

Feb 20, 2021, 8:08 PM

I think the American Gladiators would make easy work...

Feb 20, 2021, 8:01 PM

of most soccer teams, but not football teams. That tells me everything I need to know about soccer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Not sure if you know it but

Feb 20, 2021, 8:05 PM

Tnet said you already responded to this post

That’s probably bc Tnet runs a little fast...

Feb 20, 2021, 8:08 PM

Notice, your post was made at 8:05, but it’s only 8:03.

Re: That’s probably bc Tnet runs a little fast...

Feb 20, 2021, 8:10 PM

How did I never notice Big Dex pancaking that Chicken, priceless!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I was on my computer instead of my phone

Feb 20, 2021, 8:12 PM [ in reply to That’s probably bc Tnet runs a little fast... ]

I would understand that - my posts are always on here before I had time to think about what I wanted to say

Re: That’s probably bc Tnet runs a little fast...

Feb 21, 2021, 4:01 PM [ in reply to That’s probably bc Tnet runs a little fast... ]

that is because time speeds up around dense matter, einstein was right.

when they cancelled that show in back in '96

Feb 20, 2021, 8:11 PM [ in reply to I think the American Gladiators would make easy work... ]

It was a sign to me that America had cleared the precipice of fashion and popular culture, and that it was all downhill from there. Prove me wrong.

Just wait til they start taking advantage of the transfer portal.

Feb 20, 2021, 8:28 PM

Turnovers will go way down but it will ultimately ruin the sport.

Sorry, but to me, watching soccer on TV (or live) is still

Feb 20, 2021, 9:50 PM

just about as exciting as watching paint dry.

(I know, millions of fans worldwide can't be wrong, yada yada. As an old joke from someone's grandpa said, good thing we don't all like the same thing, otherwise there would be a whole bunch of men putting moves on your grandma!)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2021, 10:01 PM

This is a sport where they should have an ANTI TARGETING rule. Every time that you fake an injury, you're disqualified. Only problem would be that you'd need an 85 man roster.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2021, 11:09 PM

speaking of men’s soccer...

i think the shorts need to be shorter. plus, everything balm said.

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic