Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am so tired of the disrespect
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

I am so tired of the disrespect

Dec 17, 2019, 9:14 AM

This Clemson disrespect is getting very old to me. I usually just laugh it off but I am starting to get annoyed. At first, I did sort of think Dabo was being a bit over the top with the disrespect card but I could not agree more with him now. Ohio State is a good team and all but to say Clemson will roll over is ludicrous.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What disrespect?

Dec 17, 2019, 9:16 AM

We are favored and most people are picking us to win, including 3 or 4 ESPN employees.

Re: What disrespect?

Dec 17, 2019, 9:18 AM

Outside of Vegas, there are many "pundits" that think Clemson loses this game. David Pollack for one.

Dec 17, 2019, 9:25 AM

do you realize these people get paid to have "takes." And there are always going to be pundits who pick against a team. There is always going to be a percentage of talking heads who will say Team A will roll against Team B. When there is a three week gap from one game to the next they need talking points. Even if they don't believe the talking points.

Dec 17, 2019, 9:28 AM

Okay, let me give you an example of my reasoning behind this.. if say, Alabama or LSU or Ohio State were on a 28 game winning streak and winning by such margins that Clemson has, would any of these "takes" you see on TV be for them to lose? Nope. Would not.

Dec 17, 2019, 10:04 AM

You really think Clemson winning the past 28 games has some bearing on the game in Tempe? Clemson wins because they are the better team - not because they've won their last 28.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most people are giving their honest opinions. Only a few

Dec 17, 2019, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Re: What disrespect? ]

are throwing out takes just to make a splash and i think we generally know who those people are (Pawl, Stephen A, Skip Bayless, etc).

Do you expect EVERYONE to pick us to win?

Dec 17, 2019, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Re: What disrespect? ]

It's about a 2 point line right now in favor of Clemson. That's pretty close to 50/50 so it would make sense that the media picks are pretty close to 50/50 as well. And, honestly, I've seen a whole lot more than 50% picking Clemson so, if anything, i think a disproportional amount of pundits are picking the Tigers.

Ironically, there's a big thread on Eleven Warriors that i was reading yesterday where Ohio State fans are complaining that THEY are being disrespected because so many people are picking Clemson to win.

Dec 17, 2019, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Re: What disrespect? ]

How is picking OSU to beat us being disrespectful?

Dec 17, 2019, 10:17 AM

It is everything in between. Need I say more than what Dabo has already said?

Dec 17, 2019, 10:49 AM

Oh boo hoo. Grow up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2019, 10:36 AM [ in reply to Re: What disrespect? ]

Who cares what Polehead thinks?

They are just baiting you to think they favor Clemson...

Dec 17, 2019, 11:01 AM [ in reply to What disrespect? ]

...they want to pull the disrespect card back from Dabo and the Clemson team.

They don't like the idea of the Clemson team coming into the game with a chip on their shoulder.

They all know that a team with a chip on their shoulder is an unpredictable team to have to deal with outside of "normal" conditions.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Take one of these and call me in the morning...

Dec 17, 2019, 9:21 AM
Natty.jpg(59.0 K)

It works wonders.

Re: Take one of these and call me in the morning...

Dec 17, 2019, 9:23 AM

Take? Okay, I will get to that...

Re: I am so tired of the disrespect

Dec 17, 2019, 9:24 AM

Agree. The latest is that OSU has only given up 7 passing TD's all year. Trevor is going to throw for 2-4 in this one game alone. What that tells me is "guess what - OSU hasn't played anybody either".

Dec 17, 2019, 10:38 AM

None of the teams the bucknuts played could trow the ball. Trevor and company will light up that secondary.

Dec 17, 2019, 10:39 AM

Throw

Dec 17, 2019, 9:29 AM

Man up and shake it off.

Dec 17, 2019, 9:30 AM

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. They have to create some drama in order to get people to watch them. It doesn't bother me and shouldn't bother others at all. When your living rent free in people's heads and your all they can talk about it is a win win. The sun is gonna come up win or lose, the mortgage is gonna come due win or lose, the wife is gonna add a ton of sh it to her honey do list win or lose so don't sweat the little things, just enjoy the ride because this won't last forever!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Disrespect - is Clemson the “Donald Trump” of football?***

Dec 17, 2019, 9:31 AM

I am so tired of the photo shop...tinder needs more

Dec 17, 2019, 9:44 AM

Honesty

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Dec 17, 2019, 9:51 AM

As a lifelong diehard Clemson fan, I'm actually of the opposite opinion (kind of??) I'm tired of hearing our side talk about it! Just freaking focus on the next opponent and shut up already! Who cares what others say. If we win we were better. If we lose they were. Nothing these media people or other fans say have an impact on the game. We will either prove we are the best or start preparing for next season. I'd rather hear about stats and compare players and such. Just my opinion though?

Dec 17, 2019, 10:02 AM

I understood the disrespect card in years past and even earlier this season when we kept falling in the rankings for whatever reason. Kind of hard to play it right now when we are favored and most think we will win. OSU is a great team so even if someone picks us to lose its not some kind of slap in the face or anything.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic