Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am sick of hearing...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

I am sick of hearing...

Oct 6, 2017, 2:47 PM

... how Clemson "should" have lost to NC State last year. I get it. My nerves were on edge and it was not "fun". But when I re-watched the game this year and was able to see it without stress clouding my vision this is the point no one is talking about. NC State was 1 for 4 on FGs in that game. Their kicker had already missed two, a missed 43-yarder in the 1st qtr and a blocked 37-yarder in the 3rd qtr. The only FG he had made that day was a 28-yarder. So the truth is NC State's kicker wasn't that great and they lost the game because of it. Sure they had a chance to win it, but honestly they probably would have had a better chance if they'd given the ball to Finley and called the Hail Mary play.

On the flip side of that... I'm sick of hearing (Heather Dinnich specifically) media members say that Clemson has played the toughest part of their schedule and has no other ranked opponents on their schedule. NC State was ranked #24 at the time she made the statement and should be ranked higher next week. The only ranked team left on Alabama's schedule is Auburn. File that under FWIW.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FOCUS***

Oct 6, 2017, 2:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

We should have lost***

Oct 6, 2017, 3:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We should have lost***

Oct 10, 2017, 9:02 PM

Nope, sorry, we could have lost but not should have lost. You and the media have it wrong.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2017, 11:37 PM

Doesn't really matter. Had we lost to N.C. State, we would have hammered Pitt.

so there's that....

Oct 10, 2017, 11:39 PM [ in reply to We should have lost*** ]

but can't let it interfere with a good rant !

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2017, 11:31 PM [ in reply to We should have lost*** ]

But didn't , which was so much more satisfying than talking about how we should have been in the playoffs last year .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I echo that statement. The fact that they missed 3

Oct 12, 2017, 3:49 AM [ in reply to We should have lost*** ]

makeable field goals tells you everything you need to know. To think otherwise is foolish. No excuse for that game or the Pitt game at home last year with the talent on our team. Hopefully this year we will leave no doubt.

Re: I am sick of hearing...

Oct 6, 2017, 3:03 PM

some good points but NCSt. should have never been in that game. Losing WG took a lot out of our O but we had enough talent to make up the difference. Their defense came to play and was head hunting all day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THIS...and the WolfT#5ds are living their lives...

Oct 10, 2017, 8:52 PM

...right now for this one and only game.

I am hoping that they will lose some focus with the Clemson game living in their collective brains and scheming against the Tigers. I am waiting for Notre Dame to give them a thumping that they and their ENTIRE fanbase truly deserve in South Bend.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Anyone else think this is only going to fuel us more?

Oct 6, 2017, 3:10 PM

Constantly hearing how NC State should've beaten us and had us beat, blah blah blah. If we're tired of hearing it, you know the players are. Our defense went into the VT game ready to leave no doubt on who the better team was. They'll do the same against NC State.

Re: Anyone else think this is only going to fuel us more?

Oct 6, 2017, 3:33 PM

plays perfectly into Leave. No. Doubt.

Re: Anyone else think this is only going to fuel us more?

Oct 6, 2017, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Anyone else think this is only going to fuel us more? ]

Again turnovers was what kept them in the game just like Louisville last year. The talent gap was evident last year we just didn't execute. This year's team has heard enough and NC State will be manhandled in the same fashion that both Louisville and Va Tech have been.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2017, 3:16 PM

Agree with Edisto.,,, Ga. Tech. will likely be ranked by then as well...

IF the Shamecocks continue playing in the SEC east, ESPIN may help hype them into the top 25 as well.

Oct 6, 2017, 3:31 PM

Tech isnt the worry they once were to me. I think BV seems to know how to shut that down

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Speaking of VB...

Oct 10, 2017, 8:48 PM

... have you noticed how he doesn't get beat by the same game plan twice? We struggled and lost to GT in '14 and he's had their number since. (Hopefully that continues this year.) Pitt killed us with the shovel pass -- S. Carolina tried it and we completely dominated them. I really, really like our DC.

WF Tried it last week...

Oct 11, 2017, 1:47 AM

Didn't work...

If Clemson's prior defensive lines bothered...

Oct 10, 2017, 9:59 PM [ in reply to Re: I am sick of hearing... ]

...CPJ, he's gonna LOVE this year's edition.

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Oct 6, 2017, 4:25 PM

I was in the visitor section last year for the NC State game, and the kicker's parents were right in front of me and my NC state buddy. They were pretty quiet the whole game. I kind of felt bad for them. I believe their fans were talking more about their son than Tigers. There were alot of Tiger fans in the visitor's section. I believe we out numbered them. The NC state fans that were there were actually pretty nice, and were very respectful after the game.

With all that said, Tigers gonna roll that Pack ### in Raleigh. Seems like KB really shows out on away games.

I see NFL kickers miss extra points all the time...

Oct 10, 2017, 10:42 PM

And they are professionals.

The NCST fella had about the same distance kick for a chance to beat the potential national champion at THEIR place.

Stressful situation? Yup.

Automatic make? H3ll no!

That’s what ticks me off the most. People make it sound like it was a gimme. Not with Christian and Big Dex coming after it!

Bad snaps happen, holder doesn’t get the laces out, etc. Nothing in the kicking game is a given. Yet dummies referring to that game don’t want to acknowledge that.

~JKB

And, Bama should have lost to Clemson two years ago...

Oct 10, 2017, 11:15 PM

...but they don't talk about that do they?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2017, 12:00 AM

I have a bit of a different perspective on this game that many ignore. I think in most situations, we lose that game. I also believe had we lost that game, we would have defeated Pitt. So the notion that we should have lost multiple games is negligent. So when others tell me "you should have lost to NC state", I tend to agree and state that in that case, the Pitt game may have turned out different.

I think losing a game helped us. When we lost to Pitt last year, did you see the fire our team played with the rest of the season? Go check our win margins. So I was ok (happy) we lost a game, because it was a necessary speed bump in our drive to glory. There is a reason that every CFP champ thus far has lost a game during their respective season. Seasons are long now, and a loss can serve you well.

Oct 11, 2017, 7:52 AM

This is how I think about last years team. They needed the loss to motivate them. For many reasons Clemson was sleep walking through last season until the Pitt game. Any of those other close games could have served as a wake up call, but it took a loss to push them to greatness.

null

Heather Dimwitt is a Charlie Uniform November Tango***

Oct 11, 2017, 1:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heather Dimwitt is a Charlie Uniform November Tango***

Oct 11, 2017, 1:39 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would you rather hear, "clemson lost to nc state last year"

Oct 11, 2017, 7:28 AM

It's all relative...don't worry, be happy.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Motivational Video - sound bites and clips

Oct 11, 2017, 8:56 AM

I would love to see a video compilation of nothing but "Clemson should have lost that game" by media pundits and end with "leave no doubt" and let the team watch it.

Isn't GT a one loss team right know?***

Oct 11, 2017, 9:08 AM

Re: Isn't GT a one loss team right know?***

Oct 11, 2017, 11:08 PM

Lost to Tennessee in double OT when they went for two for the win. Didn't suck as bad as NC State giving their game to USuCk though. And of course that's all USuCk can talk about is how they are the only team that has beaten the Pack. GRRRRRR

we should've lost, BUT the common narrative by ESPN.......

Oct 11, 2017, 9:21 AM

is Clemson was a loss to NCState away from being knocked out of the playoffs.

COMPLETELY disagree

Had we lost to NCState we would've beaten Pitt.......in many ways for LAST YEARS team a loss was the best thing that happened to them. Each team, each year reacts differently to "failure"

I get what you're saying that kicking is part of the game just like turnovers which we had a ton of in that game, but any team that escapes defeat by the other team missing a CHIP SHOT FG lucked out and SHOULD have lost.

to win a national title you have to have a bunch of things come together........LUCK is one of those things for every title winner that existed at some point during their season.

Their kicker feared #CW42 on that last attempt. Sailed it

Oct 12, 2017, 12:36 AM

wide right to avoid kicking over him. He'd already ate up one earlier and Bambard hadn't forgotten. It 'ere what it 'ere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR8buXUJ-CU

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic