Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am hoping for a big game from Trevor..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

I am hoping for a big game from Trevor..

Sep 2, 2019, 11:25 AM

I’m hoping we see the same Trevor that skewered Alabama. Not that tentative distracted Trevor from this past weekend. Even the tentative Trevor played better than most on their best days.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am hoping for a big game from Trevor..

Sep 2, 2019, 11:32 AM

I think you can count on a better Trevor. Too good, too smart and the team around him is terrific. TAMU notwithstanding.

And we were playing a vanilla offense from the passing......

Sep 2, 2019, 11:35 AM

game point of view.

But everything will be up a notch this Saturday - am sure he'll respond.

Sep 2, 2019, 11:52 AM

Wasn’t all Trevor. It really was the best thing that could have happened for him to get “surprised “ by different looks. Some may have been self imposed pressure thinking he’s got to score every possession.

Going to have to learn to trust Lay to make the catches... missed his two trusty receivers- Big game hunter as well as Amari.

Just get through the next two games.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2019, 11:57 AM

He will bounce back!

Totally new players/system scheme to prepare for. Made it tough to guess what schemes they like with the personnel they have to work with. The 1st one was just a flat mistake by TL16 the other was supposed to be a throw away.

The 1st thing I remember the coaches saying about TL was: "he almost never makes the same mistake twice"! Which means he takes coaching and is willing and humble enough to know and admit where he went wrong. I think he brings it Saturday and A&M and the rest of the country are stunned "somehow" at the explosiveness of the Clemson offense.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2019, 12:09 PM

I like the way yo think, and I agree.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2019, 11:57 AM

I am expecting one. I see 275 yards and 4 tds.

Sep 2, 2019, 12:00 PM

I'm thinking he will show out this week with great numbers. I fully expect everybody on our team to be wired tight and zipped up right and ready to take care of business.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2019, 12:20 PM

I think TL will find his groove this week. TAM may try some similar schemes to see if they can disrupt him but he'll be better prepared for it this time. For some reason, I think the afternoon start will be better for him as well. And now that the hype machine can talk about some others and not focus on TL so much, it should help with his focus and concentration. He can just go back to being himself and not have so much talk about him being Superman this week.

I also think we'll need our Defense to really step up. People kept talking about how much our offense would carry our defense but I think right now that may not be the case. Both sides will need to play at a high level and pick each other up on occasion.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2019, 2:13 PM

That was vanilla playcalling at best last Saturday. I have been saying this for years. Dabo never ever shows his whole hand. You can best believe the OCs are going to open the play book up this Saturday. Expect a big game from Justin Ross, Diondre Overton and lyn-j Dixon. I think the safeties and linebackers will stack the box and try to shut down Etienne and Higgins at the beginning. No problem just lob it up to your other big 6’4” receivers.
By the middle of the 3rd quarter is when you start seeing a worn down a&m defense get gashed for long runs by Dixon and the other RBs.

Prediction: clemson 42 a&m 20

Sep 2, 2019, 2:22 PM

Dabo's analysis of Trevor's 1st INT, appeared in part to be the fault of TJ Chase and C Powell in not playing aggressive enough and their not performing the play properly. I liked Powell when we recruited him and has looked good in practice, but has not followed to the game. Tends to have dropsies. And TJ Chase, though has put on some weight, there's just no muscle. In blocking he tended to bounce off GT players like he's a feather, watch the replays. Last year TJ Chase played a lot of ST and tended to get in the way of our players and was a liability. For TAM we need to keep TH, JR, JN, FL, DO, JL and JCC constantly rotating in the game.

PS, (1) I know Dabo praised WS for punting, but is kicking motion is still slow, watch it and time it. Also, he still had a couple poop kicks against GT--still not consistent. I hold my breath every time he kicks it, concerned it's going to get blocked. His hang time has seemed to improve over last year, but still not consistent. For a big boy, 6'5" 225, he needs to practice on a quicker motion. I'm surprised the S&C guys haven't come up with training repetition drill to improve this for WS.
(2) I want to see BV release his "Tasmanian Devil" defense, so KM gets confused, disrupted and sacked!
(3) and finally for our OL to road grade TAM off the field, with no holding penalties nor false starts. Our OL to show CFB they are likened to reputation of last year's DL. This year's OL can be the best in CU history (write it down)--these aren't big ole fat boy's, they or chiseled in stone, muscle, and smart! On a mission--mentality focused and sharp every down!

Go TIGERS!

Sep 2, 2019, 2:43 PM

Rewatch the game. Better yet, read my post on it, which includes a link to every throw. TL played just fine. Anything less than 300 yards and 3 touchdowns and people think the sky is falling. Was it his absolute best? No, but it was a fine performance and it would demolish A&M.

https://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1922156

of he does we better see Chase quick. We barely escaped last

Sep 2, 2019, 2:56 PM

Year. They will be every bit as good this year

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic