Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some of you techie-type people posted a solution to getting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,835

Some of you techie-type people posted a solution to getting

Nov 20, 2020, 12:47 PM

better wi-fi in a building. I forgot what it was, but it was three things you spread about...boosters I suppose. I think it was listed on Amazon. I saw it and was SURE I would remember it, but my memory failed me (again).

We are moving into a very long house and are stuck with AT&T for service because Spectrum wants $63,270 to run a line 1000 feet to our house (I kid you not). I need something to spread the signal.

Thank you for your help.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am far from being a tech guy

Nov 20, 2020, 12:56 PM

But I've had this system for 3-4 yrs now and its AWESOME.

Prolly wil show my ignorance to folks in the know, but what I like is that each of the 3 routers (which are wirelessly connected to one another) can function as the primary. Its not like a router with extenders or boosters.

Think I bought it for like $350.
$200 is EASILY worth the money.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/google-wifi-whole-home-wi-fi-system-3-pack-white/6427176.p?skuId=6427176&ref=212&loc=1&extStoreId=133&ref=212&loc=1&ds_rl=1268652&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-5_2vdeR7QIVDRitBh3mtw87EAQYAiABEgJQnvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I am far from being a tech guy

Nov 20, 2020, 1:00 PM

Made by Google.
So you know your data is secure and your privacy respected.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 20, 2020, 1:25 PM

If only the my pillow guy would get off of his ### and start a tech company.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2020, 1:33 PM [ in reply to Re: I am far from being a tech guy ]

BTW TS, why are you googling so much Asian Pron these days? I got a memo talking about it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2020, 2:45 PM

Lol.... You know, if TS is looking for an Aisin Tranny for his Toyota, google auto-correct brings back a completely different search result. Google just assumes that you want specific things not related to a clutch pack. Oh, don't google clutch pack, you don't want to know.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2020, 1:04 PM [ in reply to I am far from being a tech guy ]

I had a similar problem and a buddy of mine who is an IT guy suggested the same system.

If it had been $200 when I got mine instead of over $300 I would have made the purchase.

I cheaped out and just upgraded with a better "normal" router.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some of you techie-type people posted a solution to getting

Nov 20, 2020, 1:33 PM

I bought this mesh system a few months ago and it works great. The newest standard is WIFI 6 or sometimes only shown as AX. I was skeptical that it would make much of a difference but it really did for me. With my old AN netgear Nighthawk router I was only getting about 250 Mbps in the same room as the router. Now with the new system I get around 450 Mbps at the same spot in my house with the same device.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-zenwifi-ax-dual-band-mesh-wi-fi-system-3-pack-white/6408432.p?skuId=6408432&ref=212&loc=1&ref=212&loc=1&ds_rl=1268652&gclid=CjwKCAiA7939BRBMEiwA-hX5J4FAX9Qxeek8bVid-AAhH-1EgAYN-sA9gbD7CyfDRQYfZsgGkVxv9xoCRa8QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2020, 2:34 PM

Like some of the others, not a techie, but get a "mesh" system which the suggested Google system is. There are others. Do not get a range extender because each extender is basically a new wi-fi signal with a different name. Most of the mesh systems come with 2 or 3 nodes (I guess that's what each unit is called) which is good for an average house or building. If your house is longer as you said, more nodes can usually be added for more range.

The beauty of a mesh system is that it works as a single wi-fi system without and automatically switches from one node to the other seamlessly.

I have had mine for maybe 3 years and love it with absolutely no problems. I previously had a range extender and continually had to switch wi-fi sources and had other problems.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2020, 3:15 PM

Many thanks. Looks like it boils down to choosing square or round.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,835
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic