Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Duke was big, but let's quit acting like UNC victory in
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1,602

Duke was big, but let's quit acting like UNC victory in

Jan 18, 2020, 4:17 PM

Which we needed overtime was anything great. Besides from a historical standpoint, UNC is dead last in the conference. I allowed myself to get sucked back in cause I want us to do well in bball so bad, but today was a reality check.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Duke was big, but let's quit acting like UNC victory in

Jan 18, 2020, 4:18 PM

yep they are awful but happy to beat them anytime

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, but in reality we beat a really bad team in ot

Jan 18, 2020, 4:20 PM

Nn

Re: I agree, but in reality we beat a really bad team in ot

Jan 18, 2020, 4:42 PM

I’m 70 years old. When you are 0 for a lifetime in Chapel Hill, then it was a great, great win. I’m just grateful I finally got to see it happen.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haven’t beat UNCheat in CH before, so that was HUGE. But...

Jan 18, 2020, 4:24 PM

If this team doesn’t make the NIT or better, it’s still a failure of a season overall. Brad has to do better than what we expected at the beginning of this year cuz last year’s team was such a disappointment.

~JKB

Re: Haven’t beat UNCheat in CH before, so that was HUGE. But...

Jan 18, 2020, 5:17 PM

Why do you guys move the goalposts up and back so much during the season?

Since last April, we have all talked about our low expectations for this team. They have toyed with us, both in Italy and again last week, offset by some moments of misery and inability to score, but they have never given us reason to move the goalposts.

I continue to be stupefied by their occasional brilliance. I am also encouraged by their holding a very good offensive team to 60 points on their home floor. The team defense is beginning to resemble Brownell's other teams.

OTOH, the game could have been won at the FT line--it's not where we lost it, but we have now shot FTs like a Purnell or Barnes team for 2 games in a row.

I think today was no closer to reality than the Duke game was. Both are slices. Last week we got overly excited by one of our biggest wins in a decade; well, the Wolfies are still a decent team to lose to at their place. Let's see how we perform at LJ on Tuesday before we put these Tigers back in the coffin.

Jan 18, 2020, 4:28 PM

Agree, but nice to get the 0-for off our back in Chapel Hill. Was getting tired of hearing about it. And while it was to an average UNC team at best, hopefully it will change the mindset of future Clemson teams that go there to play. The sense of urgency to win there will hopefully be gone now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2020, 4:29 PM

UNC win at the Tar Hole was big being that it was the first win there in 59 years!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2020, 4:30 PM

Exorcising 94 years of demons in Chapel Hill is HUGE no matter how good or bad the tar holes are.

We have played other bad tar hole teams in Chapel Hill (e.g.,an awful Matt Doherty coached team) and still lost. We should NEVER diminish breaking a winless 0-59 streak.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2020, 4:38 PM

Internally it's a huge win. From an outsider's point of view. It equates to beating Belmont on the road.

Jan 18, 2020, 5:55 PM

I don't care about outsiders. I'm the fan I'm concerned about. When we beat NC it was and is big to me, and you can't downplay that. Any win against Duke is big! I live with my goals and they fluctuate. I don't hire and fire coaches, just celebrate the wins, and live with the losses. If they gave Brownell an unrevokable lifetime contract I'll be a Clemson fan like I've been for the last 40 plus years. We are who we are! Love the wins and hate the losses. It's not my job to fix nuthin'.

Jan 18, 2020, 4:40 PM

When CBB is gone, the UNC victory will be the only thing of any consequence that people will remember about him. The only reason he leads in wins is that he probably lasted longer than any other coach in history.

At first I wished that I could have been as unproductive in my jobs and make that kind of $$$$, but then again, I like to lay my head down at night and have a peaceful sleep knowing I'm not stealing someone's money.

how long we gonna let this streak live in our head rent free?***

Jan 18, 2020, 5:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2020, 5:21 PM

You GOT SUCKED? I think you got the plupertif subjunction, BO...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2020, 5:22 PM

Seriously? First win in history in Chapel Hill is huge, period.

Jan 18, 2020, 8:55 AM

Anybody that thinks a CLEMSON coach is going to be fired after beating the TAR HOLES in Chapel HOLE AND a top 5 DOOK in the same year... well,let me know your Doctor...I need some of them...

Jan 18, 2020, 5:48 PM

Long time 61 year old season ticket holder here. Started going in Jr. High, rarely missed a game as a student....the win in Chapel Hill is my favorite win. That includes beating them in the tournament and beating Gminski's Dukie team when they were #1.

It was a GREAT win

Jan 18, 2020, 5:52 PM

period.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1,602
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic