Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hunter vs Cooper
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Hunter vs Cooper

Sep 3, 2017, 10:05 AM

Hunter looked a lot more sharper and decisive on his throws imo.

What say you?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hunter vs Cooper

Sep 3, 2017, 10:07 AM

Coopers arm is really strong. Loved how he slung the football plus he can run

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2017, 10:19 AM

I agree, especially given the player makeup he had on the field. I think either one could pick up with the ones and not miss a beat.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2017, 11:18 AM

I am not trying to start something, but I think Hunter was not given a fair shake yesterday. By this I mean that his supporting cast was made up mostly of walk on players and whoever could be found to put out there. I believe he was the only qb to check a play off at the line, I could be wrong. I do not remember KB or ZC doing so. It appears both ran the plays sent in. I could be wrong about this also. Some of you mentioned about him being shaky, but Coach Elliott had to get TE on the phone and settle him down. Yesterday was very vanilla as should be expected. One thing we did not attack the middle of the field at all. I don't know whether this was by design or the lack of being able to make the deep crossing route throws over the middle.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2017, 12:14 PM

Yea when you are on the field with Keville twins and the head coach's son I wouldn't get excited either.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Fishing to criticize a bit much***

Sep 3, 2017, 1:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Hunter vs Cooper ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2017, 10:19 AM

Cooper had a higher QB rating than even Bryant. 3 (or 4) good QBs is great stuff.

Sep 3, 2017, 10:24 AM

Because WRs dropped some of Bryants balls and PI was not called in the end zone, resulting in an int.

Sep 3, 2017, 10:20 AM

Yeah I think we are in great shape at QB. KB is ready now, ZC and HJ would probably have some shakey moments but would settle in and play well down the stretch with TL coming next year. Certainly the best QB situation we have ever been in as far as stability.

Sep 3, 2017, 10:23 AM

HJ honestly looked terrible, stared down everyone he threw too. Looked jumpy.

He looked like a true freshman. Will most likely look better over time.

Sep 3, 2017, 11:18 AM

Thank you. I know some are dying for HJ to be the man but right now he just isn't. He's really good but not there yet. He still has a bit of a lost look out there

Sep 3, 2017, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Hunter vs Cooper ]

Thank you. I know some are dying for HJ to be the man but right now he just isn't. He's really good but not there yet. He still has a bit of a lost look out there

HJ was Jittery, Cooper was poised...

Sep 3, 2017, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Hunter vs Cooper ]

Cooper is clearly the better QB2 option at this point. Not saying that it has to stay that way, but HJ still has some growing to do. What struck me as odd was Jeff Scott last month saying that the game was already slow for Chase Brice, and just now slowing down a little bit for Hunter Johnson.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought Hunter looked the least comfortable of the 3, but all looked capable

Sep 3, 2017, 10:27 AM

to excellent. Got to see it against a real D.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Keep in mind he is the youngest and this is his first year...

Sep 3, 2017, 1:38 PM

in the offense. For a first game in mop up time he looked good

Sep 3, 2017, 11:03 AM

Nope, Cooper is the better player. I watched he's has more command and is the better player.He will push Bryant as the season progresses.

Sep 3, 2017, 11:12 AM

Cooper made one horrid throw that would have been intercepted by a better secondary. I thought HJ looked better. QB isn't all the arm or the legs.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cooper looked great.

Sep 3, 2017, 11:19 AM

If we lost Bryant I think we would be fine with Cooper. Hunter looked good too. We're stacked. I feel great about Cooper though. I think he will finish his career somewhere else though one day. He is too good to get stuck behind TL in a couple of years. JMO I feel great about our QB situation this year. If Bryant twists and ankle and has to sit out a game, I think we won't really miss a beat.

I don't think the data supports any conclusions just yet...

Sep 3, 2017, 11:33 AM

The coaches were substituting so many players, the team on the field while Hunter was playing was very different from the team that was on the field while Cooper was playing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I don't think the data supports any conclusions just yet...

Sep 3, 2017, 12:10 PM

I would not anoint a high school player the starting position regardless of good he's looked against high school competition . TL is special but he's going to face a heck of a fight to win this job.

Re: I don't think the data supports any conclusions just yet...

Sep 3, 2017, 12:24 PM

Like someone said, HJ was put in with walkons at running back and WR, and also at offensive line. It's ok. The staff knows what they are doing, but as far as the pecking order, right now, I believe KB, ZC and HJ is about right.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

By the year after next TL will be the starter.

Sep 3, 2017, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't think the data supports any conclusions just yet... ]

I agree that not without a fight, but he will be starting after at worst 1 season under his belt. he will only be in college for 3 years.

Thought Cooper looked better. Cooper was impressive. He

Sep 3, 2017, 12:45 PM

looked to be comfortable and in control. Love the zip he puts on the ball. Tall and can see the field. Much more mobile and a bigger threat in the run game than people thought.

Hunter didn't look quite up to that level yet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They both looked good and are capable starters..

Sep 3, 2017, 1:34 PM

Nice situation to be in after losing the Greatest College QB Ever, with Bryant making his stamp and having two more QB's who are good enough to be capable starters

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic