Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hunter Renfrow NFL potential
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 4,952

Hunter Renfrow NFL potential

Sep 28, 2017, 6:24 PM

I've been telling people he goes as an undrafted free agent and does great and becomes a starter, probly as a slot receiver.

Your thoughts on his NFL potential?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hunter Renfrow NFL potential

Sep 28, 2017, 6:26 PM

I love me some Renfrow; and nothing would surprise me.

But he probably gets about as far as Ben Boulware, if that far.

That's okay though. Hunter already has his life plan, he's a smart man.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2017, 6:30 PM

If Adam Humphries can be a starting receiver in the NFL, I don't see why Renfrow couldn't. He runs great routes, has found separation against great defensive secondaries, and has an amazing set of hands. I think he could make it.

Sep 28, 2017, 6:31 PM

That's completely fair. I can't argue that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2017, 6:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Hunter Renfrow NFL potential ]

Agreed. Wonder what 40 time is though? 4.6 would be my guess

Sep 28, 2017, 6:37 PM

He is pretty good at gain the spot and make um miss.

Sep 28, 2017, 8:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Hunter Renfrow NFL potential ]

Sure he will find a team that will need his hands. He is a sure handed receiver!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2017, 6:32 PM

Hunter is one of the guttiest players I have ever seen. He also is a clutch receiver, our go to guy when we need something to happen. The likely scenario for Hunter is a late round choice and if he makes the cut with some team he is likely to be a situational player. I hope I am wrong and he is a top round pick, that is how much he has meant to the Tigers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2017, 6:36 PM

Anybody who thinks Renfrow isn't drafted isn't paying a lotta attention. Clemson WR's are playing everywhere in the NFL. Renfrow's two predecessors in the slot - Adam Humphries and Jaron Brown - are both regular starters in the NFL, and frankly, Renfrow is better than either of those guys.

The NFL guys have noticed. Trent Dilfer commented after the first championship game that Renfrow was a guy who would "play in the NFL for a long, long time" and many other coaches and players have re-iterated that sentiment as well.

I don't think he's a first or second-rounder because the NFL guys love their stopwatches and measuring tapes too much (though he could surprise me), but there was another super-slot type called Cooper Kupp who went towards the beginning of the third round...Kupp was bigger than Renfrow at 6'2", but he was also from Eastern Washington whereas Renfrow has proven definitively even former first-rounders like Minkah Fitzpatrick there at Bama can't cover him. He'll be the top slot receiver on virtually every team's board the moment he declares, whatever.

He'll play in the NFL, and he's going to make a lot of money doing it. Guy is too good and Clemson WR's have far too good a track record in the NFL already...and he's one of the best ones we've ever had. Heck, the Texans even gave Germone Hopper a look a full year after he dropped out of school.

Sep 28, 2017, 6:38 PM

Sorry, meant "future" first-rounders, not "former". Fitzpatrick is still at Bama. Apologies.

I don't think he will be drafted...

Sep 28, 2017, 9:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Hunter Renfrow NFL potential ]

because of his measurables (see Artavis Scott). I think he will be signed as an undrafted free agent and eventually start for some NFL team.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Renfrow is a much more accomplished WR than Scott

Sep 28, 2017, 10:16 PM

He gets open by running crisp precise routes and he gets to balls more aggressively than Scott did.

Renfrow is just a much better WR than Artavis Scottand and this is in no way an indictment of Scott's ability as a football player or his contributions to Clemsons success on the field.

Though not as fast as Sammy Watkins or as strong As Nuk Hopkins, Hunter Renfrow has as good or better route running and pass catching ability than either one.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depends on your definition of accomplished

Sep 28, 2017, 10:24 PM

Scott has more receptions than any other Clemson receiver and he did it in 3 years.

All-ACC wide receiver each of his three seasons ... Clemson's career leader with 245 receptions (fifth in ACC history) for 2,458 yards and 19 touchdowns in 1,981 snaps over 43 career games (36 starts) ... caught a pass in 42 of 43 games and finished with a streak of 38 straight with at least one reception, setting a school-record streak ... had six games with at least 100 receiving yards ... fifth in Clemson history with 19 career receiving touchdowns .

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Definition of accomplished

Sep 29, 2017, 8:34 AM

Scott was wonderful, but I don't think the little virtual hand-off they call the "flip pass" should count as a reception when judging the merits of a particular player.

A large number of Scott's receptions were really virtual hand-offs in the form of 6 inch flip passes.

He gained a lot of yards on those little flips, but in essence he was just playing "running back" taking a hand off.

If his pass catching ability actually matched his college stats, there is no way he goes un-drafted.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Renfrow NFL potential - will get drafted***

Sep 28, 2017, 6:39 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you can catch, and he can, you will play on Sundays!***

Sep 28, 2017, 8:59 PM

Sep 28, 2017, 9:05 PM

Anybody remember Fred Biletnokoff and Steve Largent ........ Both 4.3 guys, 6'2, 220 Lbs ...... Not !!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

99% sure this will be the outcome

Sep 28, 2017, 9:10 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qg_cnoHRDCk

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 99% sure this will be the outcome

Sep 28, 2017, 9:11 PM

He's like anyone with talent just needs a chance.

I love the guy but isn't he like 5'10 a buck 80 at best?***

Sep 28, 2017, 9:14 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know he is good enough.

Sep 29, 2017, 8:37 AM

If he can stay healthy, which is tough for somebody his size in the NFL, he will be a good one.

If the NFL qualifies then Renfro may play in the league.

Sep 29, 2017, 9:00 AM

This is all up to Hunter, not the NFL. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 4,952
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic