Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hung out with my Dawg buddy last night
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Hung out with my Dawg buddy last night

Jan 26, 2019, 10:43 AM

I’ve known him for only two years but he’s definitely one of my closest friends. Dude is a diehard UGA fan. The natty has been brought up quite a few times and he normally ends with something along the lines of “that was supposed to be us”...... I’ve always been very calm with him, but after hearing that like 20 times...... no more.

WHAT MAKE TOU THINK THAT YOU WOULD EVEN HAVE A SHOT AT THIS TIGER TEAM? I DONT THINK THE DAWGS WERE IN ANY POSITION TO WANT ANY OART IF THAT. WE BEAT THR BEST YOUR CONFERENCE HAS TO OFFER.....PERIOD. FIND SOME KILLER INSTINCT AND THEM MAYBE THEN, YOU’LL GET TOUR TITLE.

Just gets old. Why do they think they are something they’re not or have been? It’s mind blowing. It’s pathetic really...... any one ever encounter the ole “I’m not trying to take credit from y’all “ statements?...... oh but they are.....hung up on the schedule garbage argument........ SIT DOWN!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry y’all....:. Fat fingers***

Jan 26, 2019, 10:44 AM

Re: Hung out with my Dawg buddy last night

Jan 26, 2019, 10:46 AM

They can't possibly be taken seriously when they couldn't even beat the 'horns.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2019, 10:46 AM

My question is, what makes dawg fans and Herbstreit think a team that finished the season with three losses think they deserved a shot at being champs?

I know it’s apples to oranges but look at NFL

Jan 26, 2019, 11:03 AM

You’ve got an 11-5 team in the super bowl

Won their playoff game... Dawgs lost theirs. (SEC CG)***

Jan 26, 2019, 11:18 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know it’s apples to oranges but look at NFL

Jan 26, 2019, 12:59 PM [ in reply to I know it’s apples to oranges but look at NFL ]

NFL and college don’t compare

Jan 26, 2019, 10:50 AM

He is jumping the gun. I think the Dawgs will win another National Title within the next 5 years. That said, they just started turning the corner a couple of years ago. They are how we were 5 or so years ago maybe.

Jan 26, 2019, 11:06 AM

I think UGa will have the talent to win one in the next 5 years. Will they.... I think they have 2 major things going against them.

1. Kirby is Kirby. He’s not a great gameday coach and tries to live off of the Saban disciple tree. Unfortunately he’s not Saban and the SEC (and CFP bid) goes through Bama and it’s pretty much proven no mentee can beat the mentor.

2. Clemson is in their backyard and taking not only the talent from UGa, but the high character talent needed to win big. We have Trevor minimum 2 more years and what most likely be DJ a few after that. BV will keep doing BV things and the offense won’t be slowed.

Summary, too much talent and better coaching/player development around UGa for them to realistically win one. Just my 2 cents.

Jan 26, 2019, 11:19 AM

Good post. I don't know if all of these teams will win a National Title within the next 5 years, but I will say that nobody outside of these schools below will win a National Title within the next 5 years.

Clemson
Georgia
Alabama
Ohio State

Jan 26, 2019, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Hung out with my Dawg buddy last night ]

This is exactly what I told him at the end of the conversation. They need to find staff continuity.

Re: Hung out with my Dawg buddy last night- They are

Jan 26, 2019, 10:52 AM

too arrogant to play us and yet they believe it is their birthright to be ranked ahead of us. It is laughable when you think of it

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2019, 11:15 AM

I had words with a dawg fan in Sears here in cootcity about 5 or 6 years ago, and when I went around back for them to load my purchase he was around there also, and I said we have won a NC since they have, and the dude started screaming at me up in my face, and seriously, it caused him to get his A$S kicked at the loading Dock behind Sear's, the guys that work the dock pulled me off of him when they figure he had enough. My feelings are, when you start screaming in a mans face, you better know how to fight, especially if they are screaming in my face!!! I just never say a thing to no other fans unless they speak to me first, and I will say we're not going to fight bc we love our teams are we, usually they laugh and say no!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2019, 12:05 PM

Same here, to a Miami fan, I will never say #### first again, but yeah come up in my face, and I will fight....Go Tigers!

Jan 26, 2019, 1:08 PM

And they should have learned how before they do stupid sh!t like that. I guess those type was use to doing it with their parents without being corrected bc, most people I know ain't going to let that happen to them without putting a straightener on it!!! The talking is over at an instance once they get up in my face, if I feel their breath, they are tress-passing!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2019, 1:57 PM

There will be no yelling in Johnny’s ear.

Texas scored again.***

Jan 26, 2019, 10:52 AM

Jan 26, 2019, 10:56 AM

Is he still your closest friend? I've learn if you are heavy into college sports, being friends with the enemy isn't a good Idea!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

Jan 26, 2019, 11:01 AM

That's Georgia fans for you. I've lived in Georgia 41 years and during that time, the Georgia Bulldogs have never lost a game to a superior foe. It's always, "our coaches were terrible" or "the officials robbed us" or "they had a bad night" or "they just didn't want to be there." Imagine the delusion. For 38 years they're convinced they've had the best team in the country every season. Yet they have no National Championships and very few Conference Championships since 1980. I've learned to ignore them. They are a pitiful group indeed! Yet when they persist with their boasts, I quickly remind them the reason Clemson no longer gets to enjoy what was my favorite rivalry is that "The Georgia Bulldogs" refuse to play Clemson every year. Vince Dooley shut that down, even though they've beat our Tigers 2/3rds of the times we've played. According to old Vinny, "the games are just too tough." Instead, they've developed a meaningful rivalry with SENW Lousianna State and Catechie Teachers Tech. They like to pretend the dissolution of this once great rivalry was mutual until you insist that they Google and get the facts. Then they start to squirm and get all defensive. I love it! Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2019, 11:03 AM

Same excuses the coots use. They have never been beaten by a superior team in their eyes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They blew their chance last year

Jan 26, 2019, 11:32 AM

Get back in line and wait another 40 years.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UGA fans are the most delusional, overconfident and entitled

Jan 26, 2019, 11:35 AM

Fans I've ever encountered. they haven't done anything in a Looong time

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2019, 11:38 AM

The Dawgs lost as many games this year as we did the last 3 years and have a worse record against the best team in their conference than we do. UGA and tOSU had no business in the playoff.

I go to uga

Jan 26, 2019, 1:13 PM

Everytime I hear something like that, I remember how I went and Rang the chapel bell a couple of times to celebrate the natty. Anytime I hear it, it's an affirmation of just how much better we are than the Dawgs. I get a kick out of telling uga people about it too.

Don't get me wrong, uga pays the bills currently and I love the school, the town,, everything. But it'll never be Clemson.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sugar Bowl Was Death Knell For UGA

Jan 26, 2019, 1:45 PM

The loss to Bama, a team we know was very beatable, and the loss to Texas has injured UGA in a serious way that will last for many years. I can't wait for us to play them.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic