Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How does anyone "earn the right" to attend UofSuCk?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

How does anyone "earn the right" to attend UofSuCk?

Aug 3, 2019, 8:24 AM

Given their rather low admissions standards and academic standing, that rather sounds like a back-handed compliment. I just had to chuckle at that one.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: How does anyone "earn the right" to attend UofSuCk?

Aug 3, 2019, 8:35 AM

They're born in South Carolina ?

They saw a thing that may have been an SAT once , on a billboard ?

Lets not fool ourselves here though ...It's the fast track to upper management in the fry game ... so there's applicants aplenty .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

They earn their GED while in prison and

Aug 3, 2019, 9:14 AM

score high enough on the SAT to "earn" the right to take some courses via the internet

Otherwise, they have to wait to go to jail until they physically matriculate to the university of 5 points

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Im thinking it involves bad things w farm animals***

Aug 3, 2019, 8:44 AM

Aug 3, 2019, 8:46 AM

If Dabo is cool with it then so am I.

It will be tough to learn a whole new system in 4 weeks when TF is going against senior RB who have been in the system for years. He will see what it is like to get creamed by Bama is a bonus however.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

heartbeat, ability to sign name***

Aug 3, 2019, 9:09 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2019, 9:34 AM

Multiple concussions???

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2019, 9:34 AM

Everyone I know that attended or graduated South Carolina got rejected by Clemson. I call that earning the right to attend the University of South Carolina.

A little off-topic: Have you noticed around Ridgeland how many seemingly clueless Gamecock fans there are running around bragging about their schedule, the upcoming football season, the SEC, etc...? Some of the Facebook posts have me in stitches!

It's as if they're unaware that their football program is dead and buried. 5-Bombs aside, their fans will remember Dabo as the guy who put-the-nail-in-the-coffin. The damage he's done to their program is permanent, and he ain't finished. More national championships are on the way and each one does a little more damage.

He's relegated them to a 3rd-tier P5 football program (like Vandy/UK). Bigger brands surround them (UGA, UF, FSU, AUB, AL, GT, UT, UNC, UK, etc...) and thanks to the specter of Clemson Football they can permanently kiss any dreams they had of jumping into 1st or 2cnd tier of college football goodbye. They don't get that they can't ever compete with Clemson or other national brands for recruits, coaches, etc.

It's a zero-sum game. The locals are blissfully unaware. :)

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually, usc is a great school along with Clemson

Aug 3, 2019, 10:02 AM

I am not a fan of higher education today, but a young person can get a fine education at either school and advance in a career and be successful. Ditto for UGA, UNC, Nebraska, Wyoming, and N Dakota State.

Actually, the smartest choice is to go to TrI County Tech and get a marketable skill and parlay into the real world.

Plus, you won’t have to deal with so much of the brain dead liberal college professors that dominate universities

I have had many friends since the 1970's who wanted to

Aug 3, 2019, 11:22 AM

attend Clemson and more recently have wanted their children to attend Clemson, but many were not accepted. In almost 100% of those cases, my friends, and later their children were accepted by SCAR.

Over the last 15-20 years, Clemson has become extremely popular and as a result we have many applications. The bridge program you mentioned was started, in part, to find a way for more students from S.C. to finish that program and graduate from Clemson.

SCAR is a good school, but from difficulty to being accepted out of high school, to salaries 10 years after graduation, Clemson is a clear leader.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Actually, usc is a great school along with Clemson

Aug 3, 2019, 1:59 PM [ in reply to Actually, usc is a great school along with Clemson ]

This may be the smarted post by a Bulldog that I've ever seen!

I agree. To a large degree, higher education is a scam. Yes, I have a Civil Engineering degree from Clemson and yes, there are many careers in life that legitimately require a college education. The scam is that everybody needs a degree now.... No they don't! It's a vanity thing for parents now... "What college is your child going to?" Can you believe that you can now get a degree from some schools in Commercial Painting, Electrical Lineman Technology, Art History or Women's Studies.....? (things you used to get on the job training for while being paid or degrees that are mostly useless but still cost $100,000+) I met a girl who had her sociology degree and was working as a waitress for 4 years paying off her student loans. She said she made more money as a waitress than any job she could get coming out of college. That was sad. She realized she could have started 4 years earlier making money and wouldn't have the huge student loans that she was still working to pay off.

The scam has continued on with the Bridge Programs. Think about this. Okay, since you are not smart enough to qualify for entrance in our fine university (but you have money), we will allow you to enter into our Bridge Program where we will teach what you should have learned in High School and charge you College rates for school, books, room, and board. How about that??? Then we may allow you to enter our university where we'll probably have you here for 5 years (paying those rates) and you will leave with a degree from our fine university.

Before you bash me please take time to think seriously about this. This is just scratching the surface.

Aug 3, 2019, 11:01 AM

I think Dabo was basically saying that TF earned the right to attend ANY school of HIS choice. He met every criteria and was a fine young man that did everything expected of him. UofSuc was TF's "best" choice IMO as he already has a fan base here in SC. Going to VT, nobody even cares about anyone from SC. I can't believe people miss that obvious clue.

Freshman entrance requirements - LIVE*PD appearance***

Aug 3, 2019, 11:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2019, 12:22 PM

If you strive in life to set your goals in life low that is how you earn the right to go to uofsc

pass third grade?***

Aug 3, 2019, 1:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He said earn the right...

Aug 3, 2019, 8:59 PM

Not get accepted into their honors college.

To do that you got to surpass 2nd grade AND be able to write cursive z’s.

And that ain’t easy for the average coot.

~JKB

Aug 3, 2019, 9:39 PM

Kind of like earning the right to have a proctologist with large hands. You have to wonder what you did to EARN it

I guess the same way some people say others have the

Aug 3, 2019, 10:41 PM

right for suicide.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic