Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How do you guys feel about a Chase Young vs Anchrum matchup?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

How do you guys feel about a Chase Young vs Anchrum matchup?

Nov 23, 2019, 1:36 PM

Young tends to line up pretty equally on both the Right and Left sides of the line. I think Carman has the mass and footwork to be able to hold his own. Anchrum though, who has been very good for us this year tends to do well verses everybody except the elite guys. I remember BC's Zach Allen in previous years just abusing him. The problem though is Caldwell does not like to help his OLinemen even if they are struggling in a matchup by chipping with a RB or doubling with a TE. He tends to just let them get whipped or he tries to solve the problem by just changing personnel and not scheme.

Young could seriously eat in matchup against us.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How do you guys feel about a Chase Young vs Anchrum matchup?

Nov 23, 2019, 1:40 PM

Don’t matter when Tee Higgins has the football in his hands in the end zone or ETN is racing down the sidelines!

Considering he goes up against

Nov 23, 2019, 1:47 PM

XT in practice...and has face Cle-Missile...and so on, I'd say he should be fine. Fortunately for Clemson, the stud player on opposing squads generally has a 'doppelganger' to practice against. And, if not, Brent steps in! ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then why does he STILL struggle?***

Nov 23, 2019, 2:12 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I lack your brilliance, so

Nov 23, 2019, 3:24 PM

I don't know. Why has Clemson won 26 straight games? I don't that one, either, in minutiae respects. Maybe 'team'...just...maybe? Just a guess, you understand...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What does our win streak have to do with Anchrum

Nov 23, 2019, 11:24 PM

struggling against elite DEs?

Re: What does our win streak have to do with Anchrum

Nov 23, 2019, 11:49 PM

Can I get some stats showing he has struggled against elite DEs please. Last time I checked TL hasn't been sack that many times over the past 2 years.

Did you watch the Wake game?***

Nov 24, 2019, 10:51 AM

Nov 23, 2019, 1:46 PM

He struggled against Wake and has been a little inconsistent this year. It doesn’t neater who we have at tackle. If we don’t help block Chase Young we will be in for a long night.

I watched the Wake

Nov 24, 2019, 1:08 PM

Game again. I don't see a struggle at at

Nov 23, 2019, 1:55 PM

let's get to the playoffs first.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nov 23, 2019, 2:01 PM

Chase Young will own Anchrum just like he does everyone else. Carman won't be able to stop him either.

You have to remove your homer hat and think about it for like, one second.

Penn State's #71 . . .

Nov 23, 2019, 2:10 PM

should feel like his b!-atch by now . . . He hasn't come close to slowing him down yet!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Penn State's #71 . . .

Nov 23, 2019, 2:13 PM

This is a weekly event. If injuries aren't a factor, Chase Young will get 15 sacks his rookie season.

He's better than Nick Bosa or Joey Bosa.

0% chance.

Nov 23, 2019, 2:27 PM

The B1G ain't the NFL.

LMAO

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're on the wrong board for that***

Nov 23, 2019, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Re: How do you guys feel about a Chase Young vs Anchrum matchup? ]

Nov 23, 2019, 2:14 PM [ in reply to Re: How do you guys feel about a Chase Young vs Anchrum matchup? ]

Is this a joke? The same crap was said about Quentin William's last year. Did he play against us? I don't remember his name being called?

Yeah, but does Chase Young ever have to worry about

Nov 24, 2019, 10:56 AM

Minnow eras?

Nov 24, 2019, 12:48 PM [ in reply to Re: How do you guys feel about a Chase Young vs Anchrum matchup? ]

I dont know, maybe we will have to see what Alabama does against them in the 1st round...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2019, 2:14 PM [ in reply to Re: How do you guys feel about a Chase Young vs Anchrum matchup? ]

Is this a joke? The same crap was said about Quentin William's last year. Did he play against us? I don't remember his name being called?

Nov 24, 2019, 12:29 AM

DT not a DE, G,C's responsibility not the OT's, fwiw ND & ALA didn't have a DE w/ his pass rushing ability, surely there will be some help on 3rd downs-

Nov 24, 2019, 6:18 AM [ in reply to Re: How do you guys feel about a Chase Young vs Anchrum matchup? ]

MoCity said:

Chase Young will own Anchrum just like he does everyone else. Carman won't be able to stop him either.

You have to remove your homer hat and think about it for like, one second.

Um, no one is having their way with Carman . Good try though. You been listening to espn too much. Anchrum, however ??

He’ll make some plays but I’m not going to concede

Nov 24, 2019, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Re: How do you guys feel about a Chase Young vs Anchrum matchup? ]

Anchrum gets owned.

It will be a much tougher battle but we will make our plays too.

I’d say line up and run it right at him. I don’t care how good he is. There are 11 men on the field.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2019, 3:32 PM

#9 from Wake Forest last week ate our RT's lunch. I feel Chase Young would do the same.

Need to scheme to take him out of the game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2019, 3:44 PM

I think that the key is staying out of obvious passing situations, and if we end up in them mix things up and try to keep them off balance. We will have to adjust play calling and give help, but I think that we can limit his impact.

Have to use a TE to Chip on Young

Nov 23, 2019, 4:16 PM

Which is something those IDIOTS (Coaches) from Penn State could never figure out.

Nov 23, 2019, 11:29 PM

Not good, a bad matchup. Clemson will have to scheme for him.

You can't block him 1 on 1

Nov 23, 2019, 11:43 PM

The staff will have to figure out a plan to help the tackles out.

Re: You can't block him 1 on 1

Nov 24, 2019, 6:02 AM

Everyone is going to be pining for Galloway to be back but I think if Young gives us problems then we will be better served double teaming him with Price in obvious passing situations. Dude is a nasty blocker and seems to take it very personal to protect TL

Nov 24, 2019, 12:01 AM

Whoever plays OSU in the CFP will have plenty of time to go over film and create a plan to slow down Chase Young.

Safe to say part of the plan will include doubling the guy, RBs chipping him as they leave the backfield, rolling the QB to the opposite side where Young is lined up, running the ball more than usual, etc.

Penn State's strategy of hoping for the best was a disgrace. A team has to adjust their offense to account for him.

Nov 24, 2019, 1:17 AM

Chase Young is going to be the #1 player selected in the draft, you have to plan around him. Dabo will figure it out, sure it'll involve more than 1 player, Trevor getting it out quicker, etc. The guy is a game wrecker. The point about practicing against our D-Line (especially last year) is a great one

Where is the data.

Nov 24, 2019, 2:06 AM

Chase young is great. But you get a month to prepare for opponents. Bradley Chubb to Jadaveon Clowney to Brian Burns this staff has prepped for elite DE's. Plus, going at them good in practice will be beneficial. Ohio State played their toughest opponent today and "didn't break the scoreboard". And, at home versus a PSU squad Pittsburgh had beat on their field. The rest of their opponents aren't super impressive either. Chase Young will have to be schemed around but can be.
Who has the data about ankrom or Carmen struggling?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2019, 6:14 AM

Young is the best DE in the nation, so not a great matchup for us.

Nov 24, 2019, 7:54 AM

Young tends to line up pretty equally on both the Right and Left sides of the line. I think Carman has the mass and footwork to be able to hold his own. Anchrum though, who has been very good for us this year tends to do well verses everybody except the elite guys. I remember BC's Zach Allen in previous years just abusing him. The problem though is Caldwell does not like to help his OLinemen even if they are struggling in a matchup by chipping with a RB or doubling with a TE. He tends to just let them get whipped or he tries to solve the problem by just changing personnel and not scheme.

Young could seriously eat in matchup against us.

I actually thought the same thing about Young every time I've watched him and thought: "phew, dealing with that guy is gonna be rough."

I think Chase Young and that Ohio State D is going to be the roughest test we face in the playoffs. They're very good, they really attack the line of scrimmage, and as a group they do a lot of things that makes Venables' defenses so tough - they disguise their looks, they show multiple formations and then back out of them, and they're very good at bringing extra rushers late from places you don't expect.

It'll be a tough ask, but I do think we have the personnel to beat it. They do leave their guys on islands on the back end and a QB who can stand, deliver, and then have his WR's beat 1-on-1's can do some damage...and they really haven't seen that before. Etienne won't eat them up because they sit on run games but if he does pop a couple that could be the ball game.

I think their own O will struggle more than a little against us.

How about this... Until Ohio State proves they can beat

Nov 24, 2019, 11:53 AM

Clemson by actually doing it (i.e. they have never beaten us), I'm very satisfied that we have the scheme, players, and coaches to whip the Buckeyes on any field, at any time and on any day...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just Saying. . . .. he's great But

Nov 24, 2019, 12:17 PM

Florida Atlantic
Indiana
Northwestern
Michigan State
Miami(OH)
Maryland-dnp
Rutgers-dnp
Wisconsin
Penn State
Cincinatti
Nebraska

Just saying - he is a great player. He deserves to be the #1 pick. And who they played may not indicate anything. But, I can't help but look at who they played. The skeptic of my post is forming thoughts of our schedule - which is fine. Tell me how the teams on our schedule have anything to do with who our tackles go up against every day in practice? Or who they went up against last season or the year before that. We have had some talent come through here at DE now! I don't see any team on the list above that can present the type of DE talent in practice or game to get an OL ready for a superior elite talent like Young.
He will make plays - sure. But, go bananas, i'm not so sure I would go that far until he proves it. Bring him on.
If what these guys prep against isn't enough; go to plan B! Simple as that. If that doesn't work - go to plan C(hip).

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic