Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ohio State fan trying to have a civil discussion about the game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

Ohio State fan trying to have a civil discussion about the game

Dec 24, 2020, 2:14 AM

Hey all,

I’m an Ohio State fan who wanted to reach out and attempt to have a civil discourse about the game. I see a lot of passion and hatred directed towards the Buckeyes. I personally have nothing against Clemson or Dabo Swinney. I think we are going to see 2 great programs battle it out on January 1st and I’m looking toward to it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ohio State fan trying to have a civil discussion about the game

Dec 24, 2020, 4:12 AM

I think we have developed a good rivalry. The "hate" here is more a product of your coach and fan base being easily instigated. We do it because it's fun to watch the reaction. Up and coming teams usually have similar emotional roller coasters.

Once you get to the top like us and bama you tend to be more balanced and patient when reacting to criticism or trash talk.

Dec 24, 2020, 2:09 PM

Ohhhhh, I hate the bucknuts with a passion. Almost as much I hate the coots. My dad is a Michigan grad, so I grew up hating them. Always have, always will! My dad loves to see Clemson bring the nuts down, since Michigan has pretty much sucked this last two decades (that's 20 years for you bucknuts on the board that are sporting the nut education). Dad bleeds blue and orange after putting my sisters and I through Clemson.

Dec 24, 2020, 7:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Ohio State fan trying to have a civil discussion about the game ]

Wow that is arrogant, wasn't that long ago we got stomped and kicked to the curb by WVU ... we are elite right now because we have a great program that is actually humble and grounded (a reflection of the coach and the administration) and know each game matters and the one that matters most is the next one.

Ohio State is a great program, the fan base can be #######' but so is ours at times, that has nothing to do with the program.

The game is going to get played on the field not here.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Com'on man, did you see Tigernet the first 10 min of the ND

Dec 24, 2020, 7:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Ohio State fan trying to have a civil discussion about the game ]

game?

Both sides have fans who are easily wound.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2020, 4:29 AM

Nobody here hates the bucks, we just keep hearing the same excuses about the refs and how y’all got cheated last season.

Tigers don’t do that, if we thought they’re bad calls in our game we lost because Trevor threw an INT to end the game we might mention the calls right after the game & maybe a day or so but we’d all know we lost & our team had chances to play better but didn’t. We would be classy about it & let it go because we got beat.

We did that in our Notre Dame game earlier this year, they were given an extra down that let them score but we didn’t cry to ND fans, we congratulated them and said we’ll see you next game.

Your other beef because Dabo voted y’all 11th, it wasn’t personal, if any team hadn’t played but 6 games he wouldn’t have voted them in the top 10.

The conference should have started sooner, the big canceled football way early & expected others to follow that’s where Dabo’s beef was, he loves football & felt like they should have played sooner to be on equal footing earning it.

He felt like if his kids had to go through all those weeks under covid protocol then the teams that did should be rewarded.

Again it wasn’t personal to Ohio State, if it had been any team from your conference he would have done the same. Dabo isn’t going after Ohio State, he respects the program & the kids.

He made it clear he respects The bucknuts & their talent, he said he figured they would be in the playoffs because they had been in the playoff rankings every week. He knew ranking them 11th wouldn’t hurt their playoff chances but would show he felt like it should be earned no matter the team.

Tigers are going to win 45- 24.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Dec 24, 2020, 6:19 AM

How's living in Myrtle Beach with all the southern visitors?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2020, 6:59 AM

The Buckeye fan was trying to have a friendly conversation about the game so why be a smart*** to him?

Username DOESNT check out =)***

Dec 24, 2020, 7:19 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2020, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Ohio State fan trying to have a civil discussion about the game ]

Never even been to Myrtle Beach buddy.....but nice try

Never mind, him. Anything on your mind to discuss?***

Dec 24, 2020, 7:20 PM

Dec 24, 2020, 7:32 AM

OSU has one of the more passionate fan bases that I have ever seen. I live in South Florida, and there are quite a few Buckeyes down here. They are all great to be around until you are within 48 hours of kick-off or if they can smell a game with Clemson coming up.

The program and the fans want a win against us so bad, they can taste blood in their mouth just thinking about playing us again. Maybe not all of them, but one of my closest friends and I probably cannot talk until January 15th. He's in his "approaching boiling point" phase now, and will take at least two weeks to two years to cool down. If OSU Loses, he will be beside himself and make a million excuses, referencing bad calls, players that were out, and that we shouldn't have even played because of COVID (not trying to start that debate here). Or if they Win, he will try to instigate some discussion about how we just aren't that good, and never should have made the playoff to begin with.

Let's just spot the ball and see what happens. Biggest story lines that I hope to see discussed are...OSU has the talent...have they filled the coaching and experience gaps in order to hang with an elite team. They have played two teams with winning records. TWO...the one team that can pass the ball, blitzed their defense. Losing a lot of last year's backfield hurt against Indiana...let's see what happens with Lawrence and WRU lines up. The coach that left for BC last year was good. That dude can flat out coach. Have they filled the gap created by his absence.

The other story line, I'm waiting to see (it may already be out there, I just haven't seen it), is about the 23 players that were out the B1G Championship game. Will the COVID Positive players be able to play in the Sugar Bowl?

It is being reported that The Florida Gator Basketball player that collapsed during the FSU game was experiencing a cardiac side effect from being infected with COVID earlier this year. Now is not a time for amending protocols just so that you can play a game. I'm concerned that the CFP Committee let OSU in after only playing 6 games, but also knowing that 23 players were out for the championship game. If you cannot field a team to play one of the other Top 4 teams in the country, what's the point of getting the playoff spot?

Sorry to be so long winded...

CGC

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2020, 2:09 PM

OSU has one of the more passionate fan bases that I have ever seen. I live in South Florida, and there are quite a few Buckeyes down here. They are all great to be around until you are within 48 hours of kick-off or if they can smell a game with Clemson coming up.

The program and the fans want a win against us so bad, they can taste blood in their mouth just thinking about playing us again. Maybe not all of them, but one of my closest friends and I probably cannot talk until January 15th. He's in his "approaching boiling point" phase now, and will take at least two weeks to two years to cool down. If OSU Loses, he will be beside himself and make a million excuses, referencing bad calls, players that were out, and that we shouldn't have even played because of COVID (not trying to start that debate here). Or if they Win, he will try to instigate some discussion about how we just aren't that good, and never should have made the playoff to begin with.

Let's just spot the ball and see what happens. Biggest story lines that I hope to see discussed are...OSU has the talent...have they filled the coaching and experience gaps in order to hang with an elite team. They have played two teams with winning records. TWO...the one team that can pass the ball, blitzed their defense. Losing a lot of last year's backfield hurt against Indiana...let's see what happens with Lawrence and WRU lines up. The coach that left for BC last year was good. That dude can flat out coach. Have they filled the gap created by his absence.

The other story line, I'm waiting to see (it may already be out there, I just haven't seen it), is about the 23 players that were out the B1G Championship game. Will the COVID Positive players be able to play in the Sugar Bowl?

It is being reported that The Florida Gator Basketball player that collapsed during the FSU game was experiencing a cardiac side effect from being infected with COVID earlier this year. Now is not a time for amending protocols just so that you can play a game. I'm concerned that the CFP Committee let OSU in after only playing 6 games, but also knowing that 23 players were out for the championship game. If you cannot field a team to play one of the other Top 4 teams in the country, what's the point of getting the playoff spot?

Sorry to be so long winded...

CGC

I appreciate your well thought out response.

Welcome!

Dec 24, 2020, 8:07 AM

We're glad you stopped by. The vast majority of Tigernetters are friendly, polite, and fair. I agree with the poster who said that we don't (typically) make excuses or our team's losses. Notre Dame brought it in our first game; LSU and Bama were simply better teams than Clemson when they beat us. Give them credit, learn from it, and move on. Should Ohio State beat us next week, I expect there will be sadness, but no excuses...though I don't expect them to beat us. :)

But of course there will be some wankers on here who will make snarky remarks to anything you post. I expect that, unfortunately. I apologize in advance.

But given the tenor of your original post, you seem rational. Tigernet nation welcomes you.

Re: Welcome!

Dec 24, 2020, 2:11 PM

Thank you so much for the warm welcome!!

There's more to it . . . .

Dec 24, 2020, 7:00 PM

it dates back . . . there was the Woody Hayes incident. That put a mark on OSt's face that has never worn off. You can blame Woody for that. Then there was Meyer, who is easy to not like a lot. And when he thought they would rip us a new one . . we shut him out. That was his only shut out of his coaching career. So that added to it. Then you latest coach runs his mouth a bit . so it's just easy to see the same ol' same ol'.

why does everyone in Ohio want to move here. What"s wrong

Dec 24, 2020, 1:29 PM

with Ohio

Don’t let them talk to you like that

Dec 24, 2020, 1:39 PM

Your team is worser than they say!?!?!?

I kid, thanks for coming around and trying to make nice

Should be an interesting matchup and fun to watch

People are unhappy about the whole 6 game thing, but we’ve also lost to Pitt and been included, so whatevs

In the end it’s all a game and no matter how much we yell and scream at the TV will change the outcome and we will all go about our lives as winners or losers and life will be good

Dec 24, 2020, 2:17 PM

Most Clemson fans will welcome the discussion and invite you into our tailgate (if we could have one this year ??). I read the comments on a couple of articles on 11 warriors and could easily ask the same question and have been to both of the recent playoff games vs. y’all and I’m just going to say based on those experiences you sound like an exception. With that out of the way - on to the game.

I expect a good game. You have great receivers and of course a lot of talent all over the field. I think our offense will be able to score - we have a lot of weapons there as well. I think Clemson wins and here is why - after watching y’all play Indiana I said it looked like their defensive pressure rattled Fields. I saw that again against Wisconsin. Like I said you have great receivers but if we can rattle the QB they don’t get a chance to show their talent. Some of the posters on 11 w’s stated that our defense isn’t close to Indiana or Wisconsin and I disagree with that. With Davis and Skalski healthy I think Fields gets rattled and Tigers Win. The plan to contain Fields should look very similar to what we did against ND Saturday.

Good luck and just hope everyone gets through the game healthy - players, coaches and fans.

How do you feel about the statement Ohio St

Dec 24, 2020, 2:20 PM

Keeps getting preferential treatment? Only made their own championship game instead of say an Indiana because of the Big10?
And now they are in the Big10 is shortening its Corona virus protocol so Ohio St can have its players back in time fir Clemson?

How proud does that make you?

Thanks.

Re: How do you feel about the statement Ohio St

Dec 24, 2020, 2:29 PM

feraltyger said:

Keeps getting preferential treatment? Only made their own championship game instead of say an Indiana because of the Big10?
And now they are in the Big10 is shortening its Corona virus protocol so Ohio St can have its players back in time fir Clemson?

How proud does that make you?

Thanks.

The Big Ten dropped the ball from the beginning. Never should have cancelled the season. Then they announce that they’re going to play 8 games in 8 weeks, which left zero wiggle room to make up for cancellations. 2 of Ohio State’s cancelled games were due to opponents having Covid issues which is not Ohio State’s fault. The 6 game rule was stupid and should never have been put in place to begin with. You thought Indiana (a team Ohio State beat head-to-head) belonged in the conference championship? It was decided on the field and Ohio State won. I don’t see any issue with them getting in. I would have said the same of any unbeaten Big Ten team.

Dec 24, 2020, 6:54 PM

So what you’re saying is we should’ve stopped playing football after Notre Dame beat us in 2OT and immediately declare them undefeated ACC Champs and worthy reps to the playoff? See that’s the issue here...some teams gel and get scary good over the course of a long season (ex. Oklahoma), while other teams regress (Notre Dame perhaps?). What the playoff Committe is comparing are apples and oranges with you guys and your 6 games. By your stated logic Clemson had no business in the ACC Championship and have no business in the Playoff?

Look, just admit the 6 game deal is sketchy and you’re only in the playoff due to brand (history and tradition, name recognition, good recruiting, $ and the eye test). You may well win it all and be the best team? I don’t think so but we’ll find out. Just recognize it’s not easy to know what a team is made of with only 6 games. Who is to say that Florida, Notre Dame, Texas A&M, Cincinnati, Oklahoma, and maybe even Georgia would’ve been undefeated with your 6 game schedule? Stop being so butt hurt that some would question your ranking. Recognize you certainly are getting a helluva popularity pass this year due to “extraordinary circumstances.” Own your good fortune but be confident your team will back it up, but get out of here with the “were so offended that Dabo questioned our 6 game schedule” bit!

Dec 24, 2020, 7:16 PM

Ihopehedo said:

So what you’re saying is we should’ve stopped playing football after Notre Dame beat us in 2OT and immediately declare them undefeated ACC Champs and worthy reps to the playoff? See that’s the issue here...some teams gel and get scary good over the course of a long season (ex. Oklahoma), while other teams regress (Notre Dame perhaps?). What the playoff Committe is comparing are apples and oranges with you guys and your 6 games. By your stated logic Clemson had no business in the ACC Championship and have no business in the Playoff?

Look, just admit the 6 game deal is sketchy and you’re only in the playoff due to brand (history and tradition, name recognition, good recruiting, $ and the eye test). You may well win it all and be the best team? I don’t think so but we’ll find out. Just recognize it’s not easy to know what a team is made of with only 6 games. Who is to say that Florida, Notre Dame, Texas A&M, Cincinnati, Oklahoma, and maybe even Georgia would’ve been undefeated with your 6 game schedule? Stop being so butt hurt that some would question your ranking. Recognize you certainly are getting a helluva popularity pass this year due to “extraordinary circumstances.” Own your good fortune but be confident your team will back it up, but get out of here with the “were so offended that Dabo questioned our 6 game schedule” bit!

Notre Dame and Clemson are in 2 different divisions of the ACC, while Indiana and Ohio State are in the same division so your argument doesn’t hold water at all. Indiana went 6-1 with a loss to Ohio State and Ohio State was 5-0 with a win over Indiana. Even the Indiana’s administration acknowledged that Ohio State earned it on the field by beating them.

wrong.***

Dec 24, 2020, 7:27 PM

civil discourse starts with facts

Message was edited by: terrier2®

Sack of nuts , get your facts straight.

Dec 25, 2020, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Re: How do you feel about the statement Ohio St ]

Ihopehedo said:

Notre Dame and Clemson are in 2 different divisions of the ACC, while Indiana and Ohio State are in the same division so your argument doesn’t hold water at all. Indiana went 6-1 with a loss to Ohio State and Ohio State was 5-0 with a win over Indiana. Even the Indiana’s administration acknowledged that Ohio State earned it on the field by beating them.

NotreDame was not in a different division than Clemson. ACC set out to play 11 games this year. 10 in conference , WITH NO divisions, and one out of conference game. There were no divisions. You and the rest of the nut crowd should be thanking the ACC and the SEC for having a football season at all this year! You liberal whiner schools up north should humbly take what you are “given” this year , including the butt kicking from Clemson in the Sugar Bowl.
!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What? Nice, honest discourse? Good luck!

Dec 24, 2020, 6:56 PM

Just kidding! Welcome!

Dec 24, 2020, 7:15 PM

What part of the game do you want to talk about? Should be a fun discussion...

Strengths and Weakness for each team? Could go

Offense
O-LIne, QB, RB, WR

Defense
D-Line, LB, CB, S

Special teams
Kicker
Punter

That would be a fun discussion ... who's got the edge in each

Message was edited by: JPF16®

Dec 24, 2020, 7:15 PM

The way I see it Clemson is better in all positions except oline and wr compared to last years team. OSU seems to be worse in all areas other than maybe wr when compared to last year. Looks like a Clemson win.

Your Coach, Team and Fans have cried and cussed Clemson for

Dec 25, 2020, 8:07 AM

an entire year!! What makes you think we can have a civil discussion?

Re: Your Coach, Team and Fans have cried and cussed Clemson for

Dec 25, 2020, 9:43 AM

If one of your 23 players out for COVID make our players sick I say we let Big Dave and little Coach Day settle it in the middle of the field.

Dec 26, 2020, 1:59 AM

Save your time and energy pal. This is pitchforks and torches with a mindset of a Portland riot. I don't blame them either. I love my football teams a hell of a lot more than my political party so one can't expect to have civil discussion unless it's a heavily moderated board. This is definitely not.

Are all Ohio State fans whiney little ######?

Dec 26, 2020, 9:19 AM

Or do 99% of them make the rest look soft?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are all Ohio State fans whiney little ######?

Dec 26, 2020, 9:23 AM

Tiger King was an excellent Clemson football documentary.

Dec 26, 2020, 9:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Ohio State fan trying to have a civil discussion about the game ]

We self moderate and people like you pop up, talk unqualified smack and disappear about halfway through whatever beat down they were on here to “civilly discuss”. I want to hear your thoughts at halftime, great way to start 2021

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2020, 9:54 AM

Your self-mod is exactly why this board struggles. It's a cess pool of group think with very little accountability. Duplicate threads every hour.

One of last Sunday's top threads was "Is Ryan Day's Aspergers an advantage or disadvantage?" Thread proceeded to meme Day as autistic or having down syndrome. Sorry your board sucks. Been here two seasons. Just providing honest feedback.

Dec 26, 2020, 8:44 AM

I think it will be a good game. The playoffs are usually tough outs for any team and that is the way it should be played. If we get beat I will look at you say we got our tails beat and will not spend the next year whinning about how we should have won. The good thing is compared to Osu whinning last year we actually have reasons to whine. We will be missing at least one of our starting defensive ends because he is out for the season, the other DE may not play, We are missing both of our top two receivers and heck who knows by Friday if we will have the same team. All I can say may the best team win and Go Tigers.

Dec 26, 2020, 9:09 AM

This won’t be a game, it’s going to be a beat down so I’m not sure what you are here to discuss, but please let’s talk football, shall we? What would you like to know?

Dec 26, 2020, 9:15 AM

It’s not really that we hate buckeyes, it’s the attitude we’ve seen displayed from Buckeye fans. We are Southern (mostly) and don’t take kindly to people look down on us. personally I have known 4 Ohio State grads fairly well, 2 friends of friends, one was a neighbor, one a co-worker. All four were extremely arrogant when it came to football and the quality of the respective colleges, and wouldn’t even have a discussion with me. I realize this is a small sample size, but the attitude is consistent with all four, and otherwise they’re very different ( and smart) people. I remember when we beat Ohio State in the orange bowl , my buckeye neighbor avoided me for at least a month and refused to even discuss the game. Before the game he assured me we “didn’t have a chance”. Maybe if your buckeye friends were just a little less haughty and a little more realistic about their team, we wouldn't enjoy beating you so much. And in the last game, all the crying about the refs was ridiculous. OSU had plenty of opportunities to win that game and couldn’t do it. One of the other Buckeye fans I know ranted about it on social media for weeks and when I Questioned his disbelief and reminded him that OSU has never beaten Clemson (or South Carolina for that matter) he pretty much told me I could go F my “hillbilly” self, so we haven’t spoken since.

Dec 26, 2020, 10:14 AM

Clemson fans would not care about Ohio except you have the whiniest fanbase in the country. It’s clear your fans feel entitled and take exception to Clemson daring to enter the magic circle of elite teams. Blaming the refs for what most fans consider correct calls is not a good look. Refs did not throw two picks or let Clemson drive the length of the field at crunch time.

Sometimes calls go against your team (like missed offensive pass interference or holding vs LSU) but fans with class accept it, congratulate the winner and move on. Unfortunately Ohio fans can’t seem to manage a little class.

BTW you will not be happy on Friday at the end of the game....

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic