Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hoping Dabo hires Muschamp for defensive analyst.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Hoping Dabo hires Muschamp for defensive analyst.

Nov 16, 2020, 7:51 AM

We've had some issues pop up on us this year defensively. I think he could provide some help and really be an asset to coach V.

Also, he could from Venables and be defensive coordinator "in waiting" for when coach V takes a head coaching job.

Similar to Sarkesian stepping in for kiffin at Bama. That way we won't skip a beat.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hoping Dabo hires Muschamp for defensive analyst.

Nov 16, 2020, 7:58 AM

PM me for your source, that’s some good stuff you are smoking

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, we need a guy on the defensive side

Nov 16, 2020, 7:59 AM

That gives up 700 yards and 59 points to ole miss.

Nov 16, 2020, 8:00 AM

Good one.

Nov 16, 2020, 8:02 AM

I have seen nothing from his tenure at usuc that would indicate he could be of much help to Brent Venables.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2020, 8:04 AM

You do recall that this "Defensive Guru" gave up 52, 48 and 59 points the last 3 games? I also think he was specializing in the d-backs...how did that work out for him?

Nov 17, 2020, 7:49 AM

I can't see a remote possibility that Dabo would, in any way, see where Muschamp could help our program one iota. Probably not JMO is my guess.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:

Nov 16, 2020, 8:17 AM

Nov 16, 2020, 8:30 AM

I know many coaches have made great coordinators and ended up failing as head coaches. However, I have to wonder if he hasn't been overrated as a defensive mind. He's had a ton of elite talent to work with at every place he's coached, so it's hard to figure out how much credit he deserves for his time as a DC. At the very least you have to wonder if he isn't another one of those defensive coaches who has had a hard time adjusting to the changes in defending spread offenses as even the SEC has finally started moving away from the traditional ground and pound offenses.

LOL

Nov 16, 2020, 8:33 AM

Have you seen USC's defense?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. Sometimes you have to swallow your pride and

Nov 16, 2020, 8:46 AM

put the rivalries aside. And in this situation that's exactly what Dabo needs to do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Agreed. Sometimes you have to swallow your pride and

Nov 16, 2020, 8:49 AM

I will bet you ANY amount, that it NEVER happens. Dabo is much smarter than that.

Why, do you think Dabo is too prideful to hire

Nov 16, 2020, 8:56 AM

a former rival coach?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Why, do you think Dabo is too prideful to hire

Nov 16, 2020, 9:01 AM

Nope. We have great defensive coaches. Muschamp offers nothing Clemson wants. What is so hard for you to understand?

Muschamp has a brilliant defensive mind, and if you'll

Nov 16, 2020, 9:05 AM

recall our defense did not perform well in the last game. I bet Coach Venerables would absolutely LOVE to have Muschamp in the room to bounce ideas off of. Especially with UNC building such a great program, think of all the insight Muschamp could give our coaching staff about Mack Brown. It's a no-brainer to me.

^^^ doesn't even know how to spell Venables ^^^

Nov 16, 2020, 11:36 AM

COOT!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you a moran or something? I'm talking about Brent

Nov 16, 2020, 12:00 PM

Venerables, our defensive coordinator, not Jake Venables our linebacker.

This crap is the reason Venables left Oklahoma.***

Nov 16, 2020, 9:00 AM

No, he left Oklahoma because the coach made his own

Nov 16, 2020, 9:09 AM

brother the DC instead of Coach Venerables. But CBV has matured a lot since then and doesn't seem to care about fancy titles. I guarantee you he would welcome Will Muschamp in a heartbeat to help him solve all of these defensive problems we have right now.

Unless he's picked up some Voodoo skills on his many jobs

Nov 16, 2020, 9:20 AM

I don't see where he could help prevent the many injuries (and the inevitable performance drop off) that has plagued the defense this year. In my opinion, it's not an Xs and Os kind of thing, it's a lack of key personnel.

H3ll to the naw...***

Nov 16, 2020, 11:28 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2020, 11:30 AM

I would not hire him as an equipment manager at Clemson.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2020, 12:55 PM

Unless Muschamp is going to lay hands on our injured defensive players and heal them (he’s not of course lol)..

He’s got nothing to offer anyone ...

Congrats on him for fleecing the SEC east though ...that’s some next level grifting there....

Millions of dollars in buy outs....

Nov 16, 2020, 1:09 PM

I read somewhere in a paper that Mushchamp is talking to Tenn Vols about a co/defense coordinator , for next year , but why would he want to work for the next three years , take some time off , and enjoy that 13 mill he got from Usuk .

Nov 17, 2020, 7:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Hoping Dabo hires Muschamp for defensive analyst. ]

Goes to show just how desperate, or stupid they are.

Nov 16, 2020, 1:06 PM

Will Muschamp hasn't got the routine down yet....He has a picture of "The Ole Bal Sac" on his bedroom wall but he has not actually started praying to it yet like some SCOK fans do. Once he begins the "Ritual of Purification", the Spirit of "The Ole Bal Sac" will come upon him and make him sticky with sucksess!!!!

Exactly! And just think how well The Tigers would do against

Nov 16, 2020, 1:19 PM

the chickens with the insider information he would provide. (Oh, wait...)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Exactly! And just think how well The Tigers would do against

Nov 17, 2020, 8:01 AM

It doesn't seem as though we are having much trouble figuring out and understanding the usuc strategies.

He could be a good 2nd team get back guy for Veneables.***

Nov 16, 2020, 1:38 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

If Muschamp Is The Answer:

Nov 17, 2020, 7:52 AM

It must have been a really stupid question! That is all.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic