Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hope Dabo learns his lesson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Hope Dabo learns his lesson

Jan 2, 2021, 12:31 AM

He needs to not pour fuel on the fire by insulting the other team’s ranking, that did not help us at all!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hope Dabo learns his lesson

Jan 2, 2021, 12:35 AM

I hate to agree because of how far we have come but you are right. We have always played so well with the “they don’t believe in us” mentality. I’m not sure it motivated them anymore than the loss last year but what did it tell our players when the coach tells them they are only playing the 11th ranked team, not the 3rd. We needed a chip on our shoulders too but we came out as though we already had tickets to Miami

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 1:02 AM

I'm not sure that made a difference. We were in there cross hairs from day one

Jan 2, 2021, 8:43 AM

What made a difference is we can’t block or tackle!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The lesson learned is that he should have stopped playing after the Georgia Tech game.***

Jan 2, 2021, 12:37 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 12:38 AM

Hope he keeps doing Dabo. Not sure how we can complain. You expect Nattys every year? Bama cant do that and he was right. 6-0 no stress on players, start late and change the rules as you go. 2020 in a nutshell. Regular people stay home and let us politicians dance where we want. Oh and wear the mask inside your home.

Jan 2, 2021, 2:04 AM

He clearly wasn't right. The team he said should be ranked #11 just wiped the floor with the #2 team. Dabo needs to learn when to talk to fire up his team and when to shut his mouth so he doesn't give the other side something to fire them up.

Love the guy, but he's been running his mouth a lot this year and it needs to stop.

Jan 2, 2021, 8:41 AM

Wrong

Dabo specifically said it’s due to lack of games. He’s stated games matter and playing half a season isn’t fair to the other teams that played a full season.

This isn’t questionable really.

Any other discussion about it is a waste of time and effort. I agree with Dabo and had we played 6 games, I agree that we should have been out of the playoff.

Too many implications with half a season. Half the injuries, half the bruises, half the chance at losing a game.

Our coaches always express how important it is after the ACC title game to let the players rest for a few weeks to recover from the season grind. Ohio State didn’t have to deal with that at all. Meanwhile the ACC championship was closer to the playoffs than ever before.

Dabo’s opinion is perfectly acceptable and anyone trying to use it against Dabo is only using it because they dont read between the lines on what he meant.

Period.

Jan 2, 2021, 8:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Hope Dabo learns his lesson ]

bobcobb22 said:

He clearly wasn't right. The team he said should be ranked #11 just wiped the floor with the #2 team. Dabo needs to learn when to talk to fire up his team and when to shut his mouth so he doesn't give the other side something to fire them up.

Love the guy, but he's been running his mouth a lot this year and it needs to stop.

dabo needs to learn when to shut his mouth?

It needs to stop?

go tell him to shut his mouth.. I'll watch. :)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

Jan 2, 2021, 12:38 AM

TRANSFER PORTAL???

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 12:55 AM

What was wrong with what he said? If we only played 6 games, we would have been well rested, less injured, and played a better game also. They had plenty of idle time to prepare.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 2:06 AM

This is the exact excuse SEC teams give when they lose to any other conference. "We play a harder schedule and we're banged up when the bowls come around." Just stop. Ohio State was clearly better this time.

Jan 2, 2021, 12:57 AM

No problem with anything Dabo said. We got outplayed tonight. No excuses.

Jan 2, 2021, 12:58 AM

No problem with anything Dabo said. We got outplayed tonight. No excuses.

Jan 2, 2021, 1:00 AM

Absolutely, and I honestly really think this won't happen again

Jan 2, 2021, 1:01 AM

Also, don't have a junk offensive line. Also, don't because we beat up on scrub ACC opponents that we are there. You have to pour it on all year. I feel like the whole year we are just trying to figure it out. Be more creative. We don't have the OL to be Ohio State or Bama. They are at a different level. We might not even be a true top 5 team. We need to step it up. I can see without question. Our safties and OL suck. I think that was the differnce. Their OL was great. They were clearly the better team. More power to them. We still have some growing room.

Jan 2, 2021, 2:08 AM

Spot on. The DBs have been horrid all season, and lackluster ACC opponents let us give Trevor time in the pocket. OL has been a problem for decades it seems like, but I hope the secondary issues were down to youth. Otherwise we need to be looking for new coaching in that area.

Tell em, coot!***

Jan 2, 2021, 1:02 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 1:08 AM

He needs to not pour fuel on the fire by insulting the other team’s ranking, that did not help us at all!

Personally, I don't have a problem with it. Anyone who actually reads into it shouldn't have an issue.

The Buckeyes played half a schedule. Dabo never said they sucked or weren't talented, just that they didn't play as many games as the rest of the bunch.

The media and opposing fans just want to rub it in but there wasn't any disrespect as much as others want that to be reality.

Clemson lost because they ran into a motivated team that got that big jump on them and Clemson wasn't going to be able to close the gap playing like they did tonight.

The off-season is gonna have a bad taste in our mouths as fans but hopefully we have a normal year of CFB next year and we get to watch the boys go compete for it all again with different results ??

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh it poured gas on their fire. Did you see Fields after the

Jan 2, 2021, 1:28 AM

game when asked about it? He got a smirk on his face and said i’m not going to talk about that. There was no reason for Dabo to do that. Feeling disrespected is huge motivation.

Message was edited by: RC Tiger®

Re: Oh it poured gas on their fire. Did you see Fields after the

Jan 2, 2021, 2:10 AM

Feeling disrespected is what Dabo builds his team culture on, and gives his guys motivation to go out there and compete with the Alabamas and Notre Dames of the world. The "lil ole Clemson" thing just got shoved right back in his face tonight because he ran his mouth.

Dabo doesn’t have to learn anything - he is the GOAT***

Jan 2, 2021, 8:45 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 8:49 AM

Sometime less is more. Just because there is a microphone doesn’t mean you have to speak. Dabo has always said it’s about Clemson. It’s a faceless nameless opponent. Well, Dabo made it more than that and it became the story. Sometimes just #### and play ball.

Jan 2, 2021, 8:55 AM

We lost at the lines of scrimmage. The O Line is or was horrible this year, nothing could be done about that. The D, IMO get a small break because when you get into a shoot out, which we did based on 14-14 in the first qtr, the O has to keep scoring and we didn't. Ohio state whipped up on us on the lines, we will get better and be back. Adversity builds character and iron sharpens iron.

Go Tigers

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic