Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Honest question about TL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Honest question about TL

Jan 2, 2021, 1:18 AM

I doubt he comes back but do you think Fields player himself into the first pick tonite VS do you think Trevor can walk away with his last pass as a Tiger being an interception. Food for thought.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Honest question about TL

Jan 2, 2021, 1:20 AM

These two will be the first 2 taken and Trevor #1. No way he stays

Jan 2, 2021, 1:22 AM

TL threw for 400. If we could run the ball we win

Jan 2, 2021, 1:25 AM

Or play a little defense. Where is the nasty outside of Skalski.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 1:26 AM

Trevor would have done the same thing Fields did against our defense. Not knocking Fields, just sayin' that was a trainwreck tonight in the secondary. Fields is a great player, but Trevor will still go #1

Jan 2, 2021, 1:29 AM

Tigers7981 said:

I doubt he comes back but do you think Fields player himself into the first pick tonite VS do you think Trevor can walk away with his last pass as a Tiger being an interception. Food for thought.

Fields had a good game but TL16 is the real deal.

Outside of AM3 or CP17 who was he able to rely on? Tough last game but TL16 didn't do anything that cost him being the #1 pick.

JF definitely made a better case to be #2 tho

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thats not been talked about much. AR and CP have been

Jan 2, 2021, 1:39 AM

but the WR corp has been down this year for sure.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 1:34 AM

Justin Fields, Mack Jones, and Joe Borrow from last year had all the time in the world to throw the ball. Trevor never had the same luxury this year. Hopefully our OL will be improved next season.

Jan 2, 2021, 1:36 AM

TL16 is a tough kid but not IMHO as tough as DW4 was at Clemson.

TL16 would not have beaten a better Bama team in 2016 -- DW4 almost lost his life that night but pulled out the W vs. a truly all-time great Bama Defense. DW4 is why you see Bama with this year's all-time Offense. After DW4, Nick saw he had to open it up on Offense -- as great as his 2016 Defense was, it was not enough.

TL16 QB'ed the best all-time Clemson team to a huge win vs. Bama in 2018 on a team that was led Christian Wilkins' and the Power Rangers. He will be a great pro but will likely have it rough for a few years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL is a beast, but he has a lot to work on...

Jan 2, 2021, 1:49 AM

I don’t blame him, his position coaching seems to be mostly related to developing playbook knowledge, which explains why his mechanics and footwork have consistently declined over the past few years. That “falling back” release is really my pet peeve. Some QB Guru like George Whitfield will correct it and create a monster at the next level.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TL is a beast, but he has a lot to work on...

Jan 2, 2021, 2:05 AM

I don’t blame him, his position coaching seems to be mostly related to developing playbook knowledge, which explains why his mechanics and footwork have consistently declined over the past few years. That “falling back” release is really my pet peeve. Some QB Guru like George Whitfield will correct it and create a monster at the next level.

you speak the truth, Sir. IMHO.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've said this time and again

Jan 4, 2021, 10:12 AM

Fields is a great QB but if you drafted him (as a GM) over TL? You lose your job.

I agree, but Trubisky was drafted ahead of Deshaun

Jan 4, 2021, 2:21 PM

so nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to the NFL Draft.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I agree, but Trubisky was drafted ahead of Deshaun

Jan 4, 2021, 3:13 PM

I think it's hilarious how many people don't point out how much the Bears gave up to move up one spot, just to take Trubisky.

The trade with San Francisco was almost as bad as the selection itself.

The Bears Received
2017 1st Round Pick (#2 Overall)

The 49ers Received
2017 1st Round Pick (#3 Overall)
2017 3rd Round Pick (#67 Overall)
2017 4th Round Pick (#111 Overall)
2018 3rd Round Pick (#70 Overall)

The only way you make that move is if you're absolutely sure that (1) there's only one QB left worth taking and (2) if the 49ers retain the second pick, they're taking that QB.

Well...the 49ers took Solomon Thomas...defensive lineman. And BOTH teams passed on Deshaun Watson AND Patrick Mahomes. Ends up being a trade both teams want to forget, as both players (Trubisky and Thomas) had their fifth-year options declined). But it's funny to see that, had the 49ers selection stayed with Thomas, the Bears could have kept the other three picks and still had their choice of Trubisky, Watson or Mahomes.

Jan 4, 2021, 3:20 PM

There is one other thing you have to factor in. Another QB-hungry team might have also been trying to trade up to #2, so the Bears overpaid to make sure they didn't get jumped.

Jan 4, 2021, 3:49 PM

So let them! If another team jumps up to take Watson or Mahomes at #2, then you still get your guy (Trubisky) at #3. If not, you have Watson or Mahomes at #3 to pick from.

Jan 4, 2021, 4:25 PM

Not if the guy you want is Trubisky. I'm not saying what they did was smart, but my perception is that they were convince Trubisky was their future and aggressively blocked anyone else from trading up to get him.

It's quite clear it was stupid, but that's the wrinkly that was missing from the assessment and is the only valid reason to move up 1 spot when the team you are jumping wasn't drafting a QB at all.

Jan 4, 2021, 10:43 AM

We dont have any clue how good TL can be. We dont open our O up enough to know. Maybe that is because our OL is not that great idk.

I really don’t think Fields gets

Jan 4, 2021, 4:42 PM

drafted before TL. NFL scouts, coaches, and GMs look at the career in total: they’re not going to put that much stock in one night.

Jan 4, 2021, 4:48 PM

I'd be shocked if Lawrence wasn't the #1 pick. His size and arm strength are pretty much what a GM would put into a create a player at QB if the real world worked like Madden on XBox. Adding in that he can actually do enough with his feet to escape pressure and be a threat in the running game is only a bonus. He could've put up average numbers in college and still probably had a good chance at being the #1 overall pick.

Jan 4, 2021, 4:50 PM

Trevor is the much more the prototypical QB. I wouldn't be suprised to see Fields be picked the 3rd of 4th QB.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic