Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Christian Wilkins defends Dabo Swinney: "I know his heart"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

TNET: Christian Wilkins defends Dabo Swinney: "I know his heart"

Jun 11, 2020, 2:31 PM

Christian Wilkins defends Dabo Swinney: "I know his heart"

Miami Dolphins defensive lineman Christian Wilkins wants to defend his former coach Dabo Swinney after recent criticisms from the national media. "With everythi Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hmmm...was hoping for a bit stronger defense

Jun 11, 2020, 2:45 PM

Couple of interesting comments in there, but glad he spoke up, and in a positive manner.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he did a good job***

Jun 11, 2020, 2:50 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: he did a good job***

Jun 11, 2020, 3:00 PM

Yes, and if people are expecting the people that know him the best to come out and speak aa a professional speaker, that ain't going to happen bc those guys are FB players, they're not professional speakers, so don't expect them to speak as one!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hmmm...was hoping for a bit stronger defense

Jun 11, 2020, 2:58 PM [ in reply to Hmmm...was hoping for a bit stronger defense ]

I think it was the perfect defense. It also helps show diversity of thought within the locker room and that despite having different opinions it doesn't make you love that person any less. As I mentioned in another thread, a huge problem with today's society is too many people think it's not enough to disagree with someone else's opinion--they believe you also need to hate the person you disagree with. Christian made it clear he & Swinney don't see eye to eye on many things but that doesn't change his love for him and his knowledge that Swinney is a good man.

I couldn't think of a better defense, to be honest. Being defended by those who disagree with you is oftentimes better than being defended by those who do.

Dabo doesn't need a stronger defense.

Jun 11, 2020, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Hmmm...was hoping for a bit stronger defense ]

He would be in trouble if current and former players were coming out of the woodwork in droves to tell racist stories about him. They are not. So far, the only one I know about was dismissed from the team years ago, and the story was hugely taken out of context. The coach involved has apologized, and the player involved is cool about it.

There are many evil men in this country at which to direct righteous outrage and indignation concerning the movements going on. The media is trying to direct it away from the evil men and towards Dabo, because that generates clicks and fits their agenda. Too many people have come to Dabo's defense for this to be a concern. Even Nuk, who has race-related beef against Clemson in general, said that this stuff about Dabo is nonsense.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Come on, man. It was all positive. What do you want?***

Jun 11, 2020, 10:58 PM [ in reply to Hmmm...was hoping for a bit stronger defense ]

Re: TNET: Christian Wilkins defends Dabo Swinney: "I know his heart"

Jun 11, 2020, 2:55 PM

Like I have already said many times, Dabo don't have to come out and defend who he is bc, I think that the players he has coached and been around more than anybody else besides his wife and kids have come out and spoke about who the believe Dabo is, and actually, there isn't all that many people who really know Dabo better than they do bc they have spent countless hours, days, and years with him, and he has been the entire time who they are saying that is, and nobody, not even Dabo can defend his character better than his players, X players that has been with Dabo the most over years, and that is the real reason that so many of them keep coming back to share more of their lives with Dabo after their time at Clemson as a player was over!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Perfect***

Jun 11, 2020, 5:26 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: TNET: Christian Wilkins defends Dabo Swinney: "I know his heart"

Jun 11, 2020, 6:55 PM

I don't agree with what you are saying, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

He did nothing wrong Christian for you to even disagree

Jun 11, 2020, 7:08 PM

with. Just shut the F up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic