Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hilton head trip
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Hilton head trip

Mar 2, 2020, 11:41 AM

Wife and I are planning a trip to HH in a few...

Gonna be there a few days

Who on here knows some good places to eat and entertain ourselves?

I haven't been there for almost 20 years so I'm clueless as to what
are some of the better places to eat and drink.

We love live music too...

What ya got Tnet?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the replaced the old shelter cove mall with a bunch of

Mar 2, 2020, 11:45 AM

shops, bars and eating establishments. i've tried most of them now, my favorite is the hickory tavern where the fudruckers use to be. it is a sports bar with pretty dang good food.

Re: the replaced the old shelter cove mall with a bunch of

Mar 2, 2020, 11:49 AM

Check with LBB. He lives there with his harem. Gave me some good advice several years ago. Finding anything there is difficult because their signage sucks. You have to really look hard to find a sign that identifies any building. Also the traffic is atrocious. Hope it is better during the off season but you will have a good time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 for LBB's harem . . .***

Mar 2, 2020, 1:14 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A few places

Mar 2, 2020, 11:49 AM [ in reply to the replaced the old shelter cove mall with a bunch of ]

Hudson’s
Sea Shack
Walnuts for breakfast - Off Island

Re: Hilton head trip

Mar 2, 2020, 11:46 AM

Havent been in years but thee Old Oyster Factory used to be very good

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

still is but they get back up quick.***

Mar 2, 2020, 11:48 AM

you must and i repeat MUST...

Mar 2, 2020, 11:53 AM

go to "Bad Biscuit" for breakfast. Its a newer restaurant but its literally some of the best food i've ever eaten. Cool local owners with a good story. I'd say go there every morning and try something different along with the dozens of different types of jelly they have.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why don't you ax LbB

Mar 2, 2020, 11:54 AM

lightbulbbill®

and his SCOK

LightBulbbBill

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Mar 2, 2020, 12:00 PM

My wife and I spend a lot of time there.

The Poseidon Rooftop Bar usually has something going on. They'll have really good cover bands and sometimes tribute bands for bands like Journey and Fleetwood Mac. If it's your thing, "The Jazz Corner" is very popular. If you like movies, Park Plaza Cinema is really neat. It's a small, locally owned place.

HH isn't known for fine dining. Still, there are some decent places. For pizza, "Fat Baby's" and "Doughboys" are really good. Hard to get a better burger than what you'll find at "Red Fish." "Captain's Woody's" makes a great fish sandwiche. For a bigger seafood menu, "Hudson's", "Old Oyster Factory" (our favorite), and "Black Marlin". If you like Cajun, and can stomach the UGA paraphernalia decorating the place, "Kenny B's" is great. A favorite of ours for German food is "Afred's."

As you probably know, tennis, biking, and golf are huge there.

Hope this helps. Enjoy!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 2, 2020, 12:27 PM

If the Salty Dog is still open and its a warm clear evening, Watching the sunset there is cool especially if they have a good band/singer playing some laid back tunes from Jimmy buffet, James Taylor or Jim Croce.

i second captain woody's***

Mar 2, 2020, 10:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Hilton head trip ]

Mar 2, 2020, 12:29 PM

If you want recommendations for the best places around Hilton Head you should go on an Ohio State fan website.

Mar 2, 2020, 12:35 PM

So true! Along with traffic equal to Boston!

^^^Gets it!***

Mar 3, 2020, 8:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Hilton head trip ]

Redfish is the best, high end...***

Mar 2, 2020, 12:37 PM

Mar 2, 2020, 12:39 PM

CQ's at Harbor Town is pretty good, a little pricey. Fish Casual at Coligny is good and they are the meeting place for occasional Beaufort County Clemson Club, so a good place to patronize if you're representing. If you want to take in a movie, go to park plaza theatre, pretty good food and adult beverages brought right to your seat. Smile at the buckeyes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 2, 2020, 1:53 PM

Go to Dockside in Beaufort if it is still there. Excellent food. About a 45 min drive from HH

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 2, 2020, 5:33 PM

thanks for all the good ideas

def. be checking alot of these places out

Mar 3, 2020, 1:03 AM

I’ll second Dockside. Was in there frequently when stationed there early 2000s.

Mar 2, 2020, 5:56 PM

We really like the Shelter Cove area, and this place is nearby. Absolutely a family hit and would recommend to anyone!

https://www.comedymagiccabaret.com/

Mar 2, 2020, 7:33 PM

Kenny B's. They have great Cajun food. The guy that owns it is a big Georgia Bulldog fan, but the food more that makes up for it.
It is by the BiLo at Coligny Circle. We go to Hilton Head a few times a year and always eat there. Look hard and you'll find a few pictures of DW4 eating there.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

another of my favorites is stack's for breakfast.***

Mar 2, 2020, 10:16 PM

Where is Lightbulb Bill when you need him?

Mar 2, 2020, 10:39 PM

Ha. He’s your man on this one for sure.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ELA’s at far end of Shelter Cove (drive around to it)..

Mar 2, 2020, 11:23 PM

and dine upstairs in area opposite bar by windows looking out at Harbor & yachts, or out on deck.

* The Sunset Grille (in RV Resort where I use to own a water view lot). 4-5*, Seats 44 + 5 at bar and being on 2nd floor the ICWater waterway & marina views are great, but go b/4 dark or consider for lunch. Opens at 11am & 5pm; no Monday’s.

And, as mentioned by others:

* Hudson’s Seafood out on back deck overlooking Skull Creek & ICWaterway. If crowded, just walk past outside bar on right side, go to water’s edge, take a left & grab a bar stool facing ICW with the built-in wooden ledge edge as your table top. Cheers!

* Both Restaurants next to Hudson’s are great with super outdoor seating & bar. Great at dusk what with lights off ICW & Live Oaks lit up.

* Sea Shack for tasty lunch (Beware, a line since tiny).

* Frosty Frog at Coligny Shopping Center for casual & fun with outdoor sand/fire pit with TV’s.

* Christine’s on Shelter Cove (great Italian).

* The Old Fort Pub (In a fancy neighborhood just past Hudson’s; tell gate guard where you’re headed); go a block, take a left & a right & you’ll see it. A beautiful building next to earthen fort overlooking Skull Creek & looking back at Hudson’s. Go to tiny bar to right & then dine as near a window as you can. Best b/4 dusk for view.

Go TiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ELA’s at far end of Shelter Cove (drive around to it)..

Mar 3, 2020, 8:33 AM

Thanks Bill. Everyone says you're "Da Man"
when it comes to HH.

I like good views and great food.
Thanks for the hook up

Holy Tequila

Mar 3, 2020, 7:03 AM

This is a really good upscale Mexican restaurant I tried a few years back. VERY good.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you won't recognize Bluffton

Mar 3, 2020, 10:59 AM

and all the growth between I-95 and the island

my favorite seafood is at Skull Creek Boathouse... great outside bar if the weather is decent

Moatsie215...one forgotten fun place in HHI..

Mar 3, 2020, 12:25 PM

The Tiki Hut on beach!

Go to Coligny Shopping Center area, park free in public parking on right side of European Turn Circle or illegally at shopping center, walk across street towards ocean and at the beautiful public rest rooms with benches & rocking stairs you’ll continue on walk-way to ocean..

at the beginning of the sand take a right & go past a hotel swimming pool and bam..the next space will be a huge Tiki Hut for drinks & sometimes music and views back towards the ocean.

And, don’t forget the main attraction on HHI..HARBOR TOWN (with couple neat tourist restaurants, with upscale CQ’s tucked in across the street from the main parking lot).

A tip..you can get to Coligny Square Shopping Area, Harbor Town, South Beach, Tiki Hut, Frosty Frog & Park Plaza Movies easier & faster by taking the toll rd off Hwy 278 (William Hilton Hwy).

Costs $1.25 and cuts off the longer trip around island by half..but don’t take it if you’re heading to Shelter Cove area.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic