Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Higgins to busy to prepare for draft
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Higgins to busy to prepare for draft

Feb 29, 2020, 8:58 PM

Says not enough time to get ready.

And I. Simmons dominates the Combine. I know who I would draft if GM for the day. Both of them! But I.S. 20 picks sooner.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001104058/article/tee-higgins-cites-short-prep-time-for-decision-to-sit-at-combine?itm_source=parsely-api?icampaign=trendingNews

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001104694/article/clemsons-isaiah-simmons-blazes-unofficial-439-40-at-combine

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Higgins to busy to prepare for draft

Feb 29, 2020, 9:31 PM

So happy for Isaiah Simmons. He's worked hard and he's about to get paid!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2020, 10:33 AM

Simmons blew up Higgin's rationale.

Mar 2, 2020, 9:52 AM

Are we going to ignore the fact that the only difference between their performances was that Isaiah ran the 40 and did the 2 jumps?

Simmons didn't go through position drills either.

Also it didn't matter how much time Simmons had to prepare for the drills he did because he could roll out of bed and dominate the combine because those drills line up perfectly with the type of player he is.

Tee is not going to wow people with his drill performance.

Mar 1, 2020, 4:18 PM

What Simmons did has nothing to do with Higgins or anyone else. His was a somewhat unique case.

Simmons and his handlers knew they had a lot to gain by participating in the combine. They knew his numbers would blow scouts away and lift his draft stock.

Unlike Simmons, Higgins is far from being the fastest guy out there. He lost nothing by demonstrating that in front of everyone.

Mar 1, 2020, 6:04 PM

If your post is in response to my suggestion that Simmons invalidated Higgins' rationale, I think you missed my point.

Higgins said he didn't have enough time to prepare for the drills. He had the same amount of time as Simmons and Simmons did a terrific job.

Is Higgins trying to say that he would have run a faster time than he ever ran in his football career if he had more time? If so, I don't think that argument holds water. Simmons ran as fast as any RB in the group, which sort of aligns with his race with ETN at the beginning of the season and we can reasonably suggest that ETN is one of the fastest RBs in CFB.

So, what really kept Higgins from showing what he could do?

I'm all for the guy getting the best contract he can get, but I just don't buy his excuse...... not that he needs one - and since he doesn't, perhaps he shouldn't have offered one.

Just my opinion.

Mar 1, 2020, 6:12 PM

But Simmons didn’t do any “drills”. He ran the 40 (once), did the vertical & broad jumps.

Mar 1, 2020, 6:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Higgins to busy to prepare for draft ]

Tee could very well still not be 100% healthy and he didn’t want to just come out and say that. Those last two games were pretty rough for him.

Mar 1, 2020, 6:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Higgins to busy to prepare for draft ]

So your assumption is Simmons and Higgins have exactly the schedule and commitments. Therefore Higgins had same amount of time to prepare. I wonder if you are correct

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2020, 7:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Higgins to busy to prepare for draft ]

Simmons didn't blow anybody's rationale. He did what was best for himself. What he did is no reflection on any of the players that skipped the combine.

Higgins and his people chose not to participate because they feel better about the Pro Day two weeks later. Every year there are a number of guys that make the same decision. If you don't buy it, OK. There may be circumstances you are not aware of.

Simmons didn't invalidate anything other than scouts who underestimated what he brings to the table.

Higgins vs Simmons time is not really the same.,

Mar 2, 2020, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Higgins to busy to prepare for draft ]

The main issue is the 40 run. (my opinion)

Simmons was a track guy (who moved to football) who already had technique and very comfortable in that drill.

Higgins is a footballer. He would need to work hard on technique in order to get the best time for himself.

So - while they had the same amount of time between game and combine - it is not the same.

Higgins will work on his technique and be more prepared at Pro Day.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2020, 7:21 PM

Remember Tee was banged up, and hurting after the last 2 games!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2020, 7:32 PM

That's at least part of the point. He's not providing a rational excuse.

Since Simmons, Terrell and Muse have also proved Higgins' excuse invalid.

I really don't care that he didn't want to run the drills, but I think he should have been a bit more forthright in his rationale.

And I hope he gets a good contract.

Why does Higgins have to give any of us an explanation?

Mar 1, 2020, 8:22 PM

We don't deserve one. Move on.

That again is my point.

Mar 2, 2020, 9:25 AM

He didn't have (or need) to provide an explanation, so imo he shouldn't have offered one that didn't make much sense without more context.

It's not that important, but I do like details with statements that are provided as rationale for something that makes little sense. To do otherwise is typical BS.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic