Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hey Dems..why are some of largest cities run by Dems for yrs doing so poorly?!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 487

Hey Dems..why are some of largest cities run by Dems for yrs doing so poorly?!

Aug 20, 2020, 12:59 PM

With crime, shootings, money problems, citizens moving out or away, racial tension, poor people living & pizzzing on the streets, drug infested, etc.

Almost as crazy is that the police chief is Black!

Will that be the norm for our other major cities if the Dems take control in Jan 2021?

Not trying to be rude but would you Tiger fan live in Baltimore, SF, Detroit, Seattle, Minneapolis, Chicago (in the center of where these problems are real)?

Would you?

Listening..

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey Dems..why are some of our largest cities run by Dems for yrs doing so poorly?!

Aug 20, 2020, 1:09 PM

See the woman from Baltimore running for congress as an R. I cant recall her name but her ad was here yesterday. Very hard hitting indictment on Dems. But R in control for a long time somewhere arent much better.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey Dems..why are some of our largest cities run by Dems for yrs doing so poorly?!

Aug 20, 2020, 1:22 PM

What was hard hitting about that? Nothing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2020, 1:25 PM

She ripped them a new one about how they have done nothing for Baltimore in years. Of course she is running for Congress not mayor there so her sights are set on doing nothing for the country

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2020, 6:36 PM

Fels Point was like that and its nice now. You would need a lot of white yuppies buying that stuff up. They would need a tech boom there or something of that sort.

Aug 20, 2020, 1:15 PM

Most carry this country. What are you talking about?

Cities are like rural areas except they have many more...

Aug 20, 2020, 1:23 PM

people. Extreme left wing dems are the loudest and their voices often select the council and mayors. There are millions and millions in cities. That is why cities are in trouble. It's not the mayors it's the people who elect them.

With the moderates moving away things can only get worse. Bad mayors will be replaced by worse mayors...circle of heathenism.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I live right outside of DC (Yes, it should be a State.)

Aug 20, 2020, 1:26 PM

and I love it. It's also one of the more extreme examples in terms of political ideology. I don't know why people are so scared of der big city.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So cac2011..you live in beautiful expensive Annapolis?

Aug 20, 2020, 1:49 PM

I thought about living on my sailboat there on Spa Creek but too expensive plus I’d go broke visiting their Naval Academy Souvenir Store buying caps & decals!

Visited there about 12 times especially during OCT Sailboat Show.

So, you live outside DC (Georgetown? or Arlington? or Chevy Chase ) but not in a bad area within DC?

Wonder why.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Alexandria

Aug 20, 2020, 2:00 PM

because it's less expensive and more dog friendly. Georgetown is DC btw. I can't think of any non-resort city/town that doesn't have a bad neighborhood. Down around the Mall is one of the safest places in the US (thanks a lot federal law enforcement).

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This meme is surviving well, might make it to November***

Aug 20, 2020, 1:54 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

What? Portland is a vacation destination

Aug 20, 2020, 2:20 PM

Right now

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey Dems..why are some of largest cities run by Dems for yrs doing so poorly?!

Aug 20, 2020, 6:14 PM

lightbulbbill®

Without Googling, can you rattle me off 10 large cities that are Republican controlled?

not Bill but this sounds like a fun challenge

Aug 20, 2020, 6:27 PM

Japser Missouri
Plano Texas
Oklahoma City
Jacksonville Florida
Omaha Nebraska
Wichita Kansas

that's all I got. How did I do?

Message was edited by: Tigerbalm1®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, the Democrats cities get "the blacks"

Aug 20, 2020, 6:29 PM

and the Republican controlled ones get the meth and heroin?

Sounds about right. I'll give you a B+ for effort.

Re: So, the Democrats cities get "the blacks"

Aug 20, 2020, 6:31 PM

I had to remove Jasper, despite the way it is depicted in the movie Roadhouse, it did not qualify as a big city.

Thanks for the B+

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Surprising to me that Democrats haven’t pointed out coronavirus has caused this crime

Aug 20, 2020, 7:02 PM

We all know that big cities tend to be democratic because they value social services and government support and public transportation more than those who live in rural areas who don’t need the government as much.

Also, the poor and disenfranchised and minorities disproportionally live in cities, and tend to be more democratic. So it should not be surprising that in large urban areas there is more crime as many poor people live there and they are more desperate. I’ll also concede that Giuliani as a Republican certainly seemed to clean up crime in New York.

But my main point is it’s surprising to me that Democrats have not countered that this crime in big cities push by Trump has been greatly increased by coronavirus. Yes, it’s always been more in the cities. But it’s been amplified big time by coronavirus, which of course is under Trumps watch.

Re: Hey Dems..why are some of largest cities run by Dems for yrs doing so poorly?!

Aug 20, 2020, 7:44 PM

Same reason 8 of the top 10 least safe states in the union for homicides are red states; who is running the government is actually often irrelevant to the problems most people face. Having the right person at the right time can and often is a lot more important than the ideology they carry. Both can be good or bad, both can be effective or damaging, both can help or harm and it all depends on the complex mix of the people, their problems and the person wielding the power at any given time.

Replies: 17
| visibility 487
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic