Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can't believe Roy Williams actually said this
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Can't believe Roy Williams actually said this

Jan 22, 2020, 3:24 PM

What coach makes this kind of public comment about his current team???

"The crazy thing about it is, our team, and we've had some very gifted teams, this is not a very gifted team. It's just not."

You can call them young, or inexperienced, or developing or anything else. But "not gifted" is just nuts. There's an ESPN article on where UNC's season went wrong. It was long, I'm at work, so I didn't read it, but that comment can't help your team. Who in the world would want to play for a guy who thinks that about you??

I know it's an old quote, and likely old and German. So I'm late to the party....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can't believe Roy Williams actually said this

Jan 22, 2020, 3:26 PM

The coach is getting on also.

Hey Roy....

Jan 22, 2020, 3:27 PM

...quit crying. YOU recruited them!

Roy Williams is a huge pr!ck.

Jan 22, 2020, 3:28 PM

This is the same man who told Brad after we beat them, "I'm not mad at you and your team for celebrating." To think that we require his approval or forgiveness for celebrating a historic win! Who does that?!?

This is also the same man who had a Presbyterian fan ejected from a game because he didn't like something he said. Seriously?!?

I acknowledge that he is a very good basketball coach, but that is difficult to do because I can't stand the man.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Wow, Judge ,

Jan 22, 2020, 11:40 PM

did he really say that ? Wth?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, he really did.

Jan 23, 2020, 12:39 AM

https://youtu.be/18L2PYfM64A

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Jan 22, 2020, 3:29 PM

Roy, you should fire whoever recruited this not very gifted team...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's such a pompous ###, I loved it when CBB got

Jan 22, 2020, 3:32 PM

in his face after a game

And then watching him hit the table while our Tigers took them down in Chapel Hill. Roy has always been a great recruiter, but you'd think he would change things up and adapt with this team. But he's still the same Roy, running the same offense and refusing to call timeouts. This season couldn't happen to a better person.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: He's such a pompous ###, I loved it when CBB got

Jan 22, 2020, 3:37 PM

I wonder if Roy was trying to build a little fire within his team????? No coach would ever play that trump card. Certainly not Dabo! He prefers to be classified as the underdog.

Jan 22, 2020, 3:38 PM [ in reply to He's such a pompous ###, I loved it when CBB got ]

Do you recall what Brad was in his face about?
I had forgotten all about that event

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

It was after a close loss and Kennedy Meeks (sp?) was

Jan 22, 2020, 3:42 PM

mouthing off to either our players on the court or our bench. I don't remember what he did exactly or what he said.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Jan 22, 2020, 11:29 PM [ in reply to Re: He's such a pompous ###, I loved it when CBB got ]

oghost® said:

Do you recall what Brad was in his face about?
I had forgotten all about that event

UNC player Kennedy Meeks "taunting" the Clemson bench near the end.

(probably something about Clemson never winning in Chapel Hill as long as Roy is there)

Jan 22, 2020, 7:15 PM [ in reply to He's such a pompous ###, I loved it when CBB got ]

These 2 have nothing on the contentious relationship that Dean Smith and Rick Barnes had.

Because he hates having to actually have to coach

Jan 22, 2020, 3:35 PM

For so long all he's done is get the Big names in and pretty much just sit back and yell at refs a couple times a game and go home. Now he actually has to strategize and put the right guy in the right place and have teh right sets called on time, etc.,etc....it sux doesn't it Roy to actually have to prove your worth.

I don't know how people don't already know this...

Jan 22, 2020, 3:41 PM

HE'S NOT A GREAT COACH. Look at the recruiting UNCheat has. cutigerbob® could coach the 5 stars UNCheat gets to a championship.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: I don't know how people don't already know this...

Jan 22, 2020, 3:59 PM

I suspect Roy’s “not gifted” players are all more highly respected high school players than those coach B has available to him right now. Over the years I’ve watched the unc bench guys outplay the Tigers many times.
Anthony is likely to return to the lineup in the next week or so. When he does the Heels will be a little better. Anthony can score and that’s the name of the game. Nothing counts more than shots going in the basket and he can do it!

Foul shots count too!!!!! Hope my guys learn that before it’s to late.

Re: I don't know how people don't already know this...

Jan 22, 2020, 4:01 PM [ in reply to I don't know how people don't already know this... ]

Well, lets not get carried away here.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

can you show me who's better?

Jan 23, 2020, 8:34 AM [ in reply to I don't know how people don't already know this... ]

let's see.. since he's been at UNC

3 Championships
5 Final Fours
8 Elite Eights

{... never lost in the first round of the NCAA}

who has done better?

UConn is the only other school with 3 titles, but with 2 different coaches

Jan 22, 2020, 4:13 PM

I thought he should have retired the year they won it all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Re: Poor Roy he has some guys out hurt

Jan 22, 2020, 4:40 PM

and cant find a line up to win from all his hand picked HS All Americans. definitely this one is one the kids and not the pompus windbag who thinks it beneath him to actually do coaching anymore

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One Who Is Angry

Jan 22, 2020, 9:46 PM

at his bagmen for not getting the job done.

Jan 23, 2020, 8:44 AM

Sounds like Ol' Roy needs to retire if the best he can do is throw his team under the bus.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic