Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Herschel Walker is into politics, with Tweet towards Black Dem Senators.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Herschel Walker is into politics, with Tweet towards Black Dem Senators.

Jun 26, 2020, 11:07 PM

“Shame. Shame. Shame. A republican @ Senator Tim Scott of SC put a police bill on the floor & we had black Democratic Senators who refused to even “debate” about it. This shows this has nothing to do with police. It’s all Politics. Don’t take it from me, read about it yourself!”

Always liked Herschel even if he belittled our 13-3 win in 1981 saying a team who was gifted 7 (or was it 9) fumbles should be ashamed to have won by such a slim margin.

LOL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Herschel Walker is into politics, with Tweet towards Black Dem Senators.

Jun 27, 2020, 4:48 AM

I read up on that because I wanted to find out why that happened and granted politicians are politicians but the problem was if it went to the floor it wasn't guaranteed that McConnell would allow them to amend the legislation if they voted to move forward with the debate. If that was the case then they would be forced to vote on it because it would look like they were against it and then the Republicans could use that against them. Right now as the bill stands it doesn't ban chokeholds, enforce use of body cams,etc it only holds back federal grants if the practice is used, Democrats are complaining that Scott’s bill does not ban no-knock warrants in federal drug cases, undo the legal doctrine of “qualified immunity” that shields officers from lawsuits, create a national database of police misconduct or seek to significantly demilitarize local police departments.

So it's not so simple as everybody makes it sound, the Republicans do not want to lose the votes of the police (which tend to vote republican) so that is why they are not including the immunity shield, nation-wide database of bad cops or demilitarising which the police unions are against.

So that is why they won't debate it because if they cannot amend it that will end up being the bill that is passed because they couldn't vote against it.

I hope that makes sense, it's not like democrats are crazy, it's good to delve deeper into the proposed legislations even though the bill has some good elements it is lacking in a lot of areas that will make a real impact.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2020, 6:30 AM

Removing the immunity shield and taking away the militarized armored vehicles would certainly have a tremendous effect.....make that a tremendously negative effect. Few people would want to join the police force with the potential of loosing everything in a lawsuit, highly likely in our litigious world these days, and militarized equipment helps police fight fire with fire. It's been used with tremendous success since acquired. If Herschel had replied, I hoped he would have said this.

Jun 27, 2020, 7:36 AM

Litigation is a massive problem. The problem is a cop has to make a split second decision which is hard to do and be correct 100% of the time. So I understand that problem. Since there are so many guns in the USA you have to assume that the person you are arresting has one even if they don't.

Jun 27, 2020, 4:25 PM

The number of guns is not the problem it's the number of crimes that are committed with the use of guns.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dem Senators are a bunch of azzwipes

Jun 27, 2020, 6:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Herschel Walker is into politics, with Tweet towards Black Dem Senators. ]

Why would they want to take Immunity away from Policemen?

They give immunity to Quack Guardian-ad-Litems who steal children.

They give Immunity to Quack Psychologists who do evaluations for Courts.

These two actually have Absolute Immunity from the SC Supreme Court, LOL.

Liberal Liars is all these people are.

Jun 27, 2020, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Herschel Walker is into politics, with Tweet towards Black Dem Senators. ]

On the bright side, pension costs would plummet because no cop would live long enough to retire. Cops get killed all the time in this country as it is. Take away their ability (both legally and by the elimination of needed equipment) to defend themselves and it'll get much worse. The people who support the murder of cops (and there are plenty of them out there) don't have any issues with any of that however since they don't even want them to exist anyway.

Jun 27, 2020, 8:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Herschel Walker is into politics, with Tweet towards Black Dem Senators. ]

Where did read that?

What I read was they were arguing the measure was so inadequate that no amount of floor debate or amendments could repair its shortcomings. I heard that from several sources, and I don't see in our system how you just refuse to talk about if you are serious about reform.

Further, it seems to me that any shortcomings that still existed could be passed on the local level if they wanted them? Why not?

I agree with Herschel on this.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2020, 9:14 AM

Democrats running these cities and states that have turned into war zones due to their incompetence have the ability to pass any kind of state/local police reform they want. They don't need a bunch of DC Republicans to be involved at all so what are they waiting for? Oh that's right. They want to play politics with the issue by blaming what's going on in their backyard on others.

Jun 27, 2020, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Herschel Walker is into politics, with Tweet towards Black Dem Senators. ]

His Bill is a good bill. Its a first step. You cant instantly change everything. Choke holds are not bad when used properly. We were trained in Aikido chokes. I pursued advanced training in Aikido. Works wonderfully and causes no harm. You have someone tripping on PCp, whats better ? A 4 second choke, or wail on them with a baton for 5 minutes?

Jun 27, 2020, 9:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Herschel Walker is into politics, with Tweet towards Black Dem Senators. ]

So what you're saying is that because it didn't give the Democrats everything they wanted before debate starts, they won't even let it come to the floor for debate? Who are the grownups in this situation again?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2020, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Herschel Walker is into politics, with Tweet towards Black Dem Senators. ]

To digimini:

I think it is time to expose you for who you are and what you really stand for. I have reviewed your T Net activity and you have all of the tendencies of a mole. You have remained mostly unseen over the past six years; however within the last three months you have attempted to beguile us as being a great arbiter of reason and truth. It does not take a very smart individual to realize that you use doublespeak and cleverly insert enough distortion into the truth to change the context completely to your point of view. You are like the puppet master behind the curtain deftly manipulating the strings, yet you are just as guilty as the mob in the street looting, burning and causing chaos in America.

It should be noted that you are not a donor!

Message was edited by: Purple Gunstock 15®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2020, 5:32 AM

I've always liked Hershel, now I like him even more.

I knew he was a godly man, but what he's doing now solidifies my admiration.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2020, 6:57 AM

There are two sides to every story. I like to stay informed by doing my own reading and studying.

I've never been a Herschel fan because of UGA although I hear he is a good person these days.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jun 27, 2020, 7:27 AM

I like Herschel but his tweet sort of a response to a headline without reading up on what it really is. We are all guilty of it. that's how those pose on Facebook work, it's easy to have "Peaceful protests in Washington" and "Rioters tearing down Statues" for the same news story. Because both are true. Maybe out of 10,000 peaceful protesters 100 tear down a statue. So it's good to read into things to get a real picture but for the majority of people it's just what the headline says and that fits to their worldview. it's easy to react to a headline and depending who wrote the headline effects your perception. And like I said I'm guilty of it too! But I'm trying to get a bigger picture and to be honest neither the republic party or the democratic party are evil, if you have ever chaired a large group trying to accomplish a goal, it is extremely difficult getting everybody on the same page because everybody thinks they know how to do it best. I think that's why Dabo works so well, he supplies the vision then doesn't micro manage everybody and then respects their decisions and acknowledges them. And that's why I don't think Trump is working out because the vision is unclear and he tries to take all the credit. I don't know if Biden has a vision either but I think it wouldn't be as divisive as now because nothing seems to be working. It would be great to get someone that knew how to pull people together and get everybody pointed in the same direction but honestly I don't know what candidate fits that bill. You would think out of 350 million citizens there would be a handful of amazing people!

Jun 27, 2020, 8:21 AM

According to “Dementia Joe”, 120 million Americans are already dead from COV-19. Looking to him to do anything constructive is insanity plus he’s nothing but an Osama puppet. By the way, you’re one of “Dementia Joe’s” boys.

Jun 27, 2020, 9:22 AM

Enjoy these last few months of President #######. Trump loses by a landslide. One trick pony goes out with the foot up his a$$, Cant wait

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2020, 4:33 PM

Boy, are you ever in for a rude awakening.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2020, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Herschel Walker is into politics, with Tweet towards Black Dem Senators. ]

Get that testosterone checked there Lennon. If I had to guess, you’ll need a big dosage.

Jun 27, 2020, 9:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Herschel Walker is into politics, with Tweet towards Black Dem Senators. ]

Just how do you know what Hershel read or didn't read? Frankly, with todays media, just because one read it doesn't make it true or completely true either.

Regardless, Hershel is entitled to his opinion and entitle to tweet same, just like we are entitled post here.

I agree we need better candidates, but moreover I think we need better political parties, or maybe just more of them like europe.

Jun 27, 2020, 4:39 PM

I didn't say Herschel read or didn't read anything.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jun 27, 2020, 6:27 PM

My reply was to "digmini", read the first line of his response. Sorry for any confusion.

Jun 27, 2020, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Herschel Walker is into politics, with Tweet towards Black Dem Senators. ]

"he tries to take all the credit"

I'm not a big fan of Trump and he is certainly pleased with himself, but I don't think this is true. Consider the incident where the headlines blared things like "Trump again demands governors 'be appreciative' of his coronavirus response", the media response to that focused on one sentence and completely ignored almost everything else he said, even in that same breath...

"THE PRESIDENT: All I want them to do — very simple — I want them to be appreciative. I don’t want them to say things that aren’t true. I want them to be appreciative. We’ve done a great job. And I’m not talking about me. I’m talking about Mike Pence, the task force; I’m talking about FEMA, the Army Corps of Engineers.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-vice-president-pence-members-coronavirus-task-force-press-briefing-13/

And we’re expanding hospitals. We’re building many portable hospitals, not only Javits Center. We have four — plus, you have four medical centers. But we’re doing it in New Jersey — Governor Murphy. We’re doing it in other states. We’re doing it in California. We’re doing some in the State of Washington, despite the fact that I — I’m not appreciative of the way the governor speaks.

THE PRESIDENT: I think they should be appreciative because you know what? When they’re not appreciative to me, they’re not appreciative to the Army Corps. They’re not appreciative to FEMA. It’s not right. These people are incredible. They’re working 24 hours a day. Mike Pence — I mean, Mike Pence, I don’t think he sleeps anymore. These — these are people that should be appreciated.

He calls all the governors. I tell him — I mean, I’m a different type of person — I say, “Mike, don’t call the governor of Washington. You’re wasting your time with him. Don’t call the woman in Michigan.” All — it doesn’t make any difference what happens —

Q You don’t want him to call the governor of Washington?

THE PRESIDENT: No, no. You know what I say? If they don’t treat you right, I don’t call. He’s a different type of person. He’ll call quietly anyway. Okay? But he’s done a great job. He should be appreciated for the job he’s done.

Michigan, all she does is — she has no idea what’s going on. And all she does is say, “Oh, it’s the federal government’s fault.” And we’ve taken such great care of Michigan. You know the care we’ve taken of New Jersey. I think if you ask, Governor Murphy of New Jersey, “How are we doing?” I think he’d say, “Great.” I think. He’s a Democrat.

Governor Cuomo has really said we’re really doing a great job. And I saw the news conference where he was thanking the people from FEMA, the people from Army Corps of Engineers this morning. I mean, they built a hospital like in three and a half days and it’s a big hospital in the Javits Center, and they’re building medical facilities in different parts of New York. And Governor Cuomo has been appreciative.

But, you know, a couple of people aren’t. We have done a #### of a job; the federal government has really stepped up.

Q So what I’m asking is: What more, specifically, do you want the governor of Washington and the governor of Michigan to be doing?

THE PRESIDENT: All I want them to do — very simple — I want them to be appreciative. I don’t want them to say things that aren’t true. I want them to be appreciative. We’ve done a great job. And I’m not talking about me. I’m talking about Mike Pence, the task force; I’m talking about FEMA, the Army Corps of Engineers.

There’s no country in the world that could have done what the Army Corps of Engineers has done and is doing. Now they’re going in and building — literally, they’re going into hotels and renovating hotels. That should be for governors to do. That should be for states to do. We have the Army Corps of Engineers so teed up and so stocked up, and they’re really psyched and they’re incredible. And there’s no games with these people. They’re in there screaming, “Get it done. Get it done.” There’s not like sitting around, taking it easy. These are workers. These are incredible people.

So I think the Army Corps of Engineers when — when somebody, for political reasons, wants to blame, I view that as blaming these incredible people.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2020, 7:36 AM

It is sad because many black lives that they claim matter so much are being negatively affected to. I believe it possible that GF was a sacrifice to a bigger movement. The timing is spot on months before the Presidential election.

Message was edited by: wueagle86®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was at that 1981 game and my fondest memory

Jun 27, 2020, 8:28 AM

is the clothesline tackle on him by the Fridge in the backfield. Handoff ... 2 steps... arm out helmet-high ..... Herschel on back.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who gifted us the fumbles Herschel? Don’t be mad at us

Jun 27, 2020, 8:58 AM

Typical loser dawg attitude

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LoL... take away qualified immunity from the politicians

Jun 27, 2020, 9:53 AM

and lets see what gets done. They can pass a thousand "police" bills at all levels of the local, state and federal goverment. They can train and retrain as many police officers as they want as often as they want. But it when it is 0 dark thirty and you don't know what that other person has, is on or is thinking each individual has to make a decision. Sometimes it is a right decision.

There are a lot of large cities that have not had "conservative" leadership, whatever that means, in over 50 years. They elected officials that they wanted. Suck it up and enjoy what you got big cities. And the individuals that are leaving those cities because they don't agree are coming to a town near you. And they will elect individuals that, this time, will get it right. Be careful what you wish for because you may just get it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

News from USuC...
"Richardson was the 20th Gamecock arrested since Spurrier was hired in Nov. 2004"

Fluxus®
"As I watched the game yesterday I couldn't help but feel crushed. We beat Furman by 4 TDs, but to me it looked like we got whipped."

"George Bush, we are reliably informed by the media, has the IQ of a moron, though how he matriculated from Yale and Harvard or flew an F-106 will remain an unexplained mystery. Doubtless his father bribed the airplane to fly itself."

Tim Scott speech on the Senate floor-You Tube

Jun 27, 2020, 10:39 AM

It's slightly over 30 minutes, but worth the listen. Scott gave a very heartfelt speech. He said the NO from the Democrats was not about the What in the bill, but the Who in the bill. He offered to allow debate on at least 20 amendments to the bill and McConnell was on board. Ultimately the bill proposed by a black man who even as a US Senator has been pulled over multiple times for DWB was scuttled without any debate.

Pelosi in her role as an 80 year old scold was quoted as saying that basically George Floyd's murder was on the Republican Party's hands. She needs a nip of Namenda. The murder was solely at the hands of the cop. It would be like Trump blaming the Democratic mayor of Minneapolis or the Democratic governor of Minnesota for the killing.The House Dems refused to allow even consideration of a single amendment to their bill.

A compromise bill was there for the taking, but the Democrats want to use passage of no bill as a political weapon.Seriously, watch the speech. Tim Scott is a man of integrity.

We need term limits to weed out the entire political class. Our forefathers never envisioned having a person's vocation as a legislator. This process with Scott's proposed bill was shameful.

Scott said The Dems don’t want

Jun 27, 2020, 7:02 PM

a bill sponsored by the Senate Republicans- they want credit for the bill and have George Floyd’s name all over it as if he deserves recognition- maybe erect a statue too

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Scott said The Dems don’t want

Jun 28, 2020, 1:39 PM

The statue should be of Fentanyl Floyd robbing a Pregnant woman in her home at gun point

Jun 28, 2020, 1:30 PM

Most Cops , 99.9 are good at what they do.
A few slip through and cause these isolated killings. It’s not that big of a problem it’s been blown out of proportion. Maybe have better screening policies and Psych evaluations when hiring new Police.
The big problem we WILL have is when the Police get all there power stripped from them.
Bottom line live your life the right way and you will not have any problems.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic