Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tigernet Owners
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 56
| visibility 1

Tigernet Owners

Jan 18, 2021, 6:48 PM

Why would a new guy pay to be slighted?
It is not the little money as most would pay that to support this place just for the news updates. Yall do a great job.

I am new, solid orange, and have tried not to offend any here on the forums.
My Tiger Pulse (reputation) is already crap. I don't understand even what that is, but it don't make me feel welcome. Why am I an outcast at the start? Please explain.

Maybe yall in charge should look into changes if you want to grow the board. Maybe you are OK without new guys like me. I don't understand that as I was at Clemson before yall were born.
My hundred dollars don't mean much, I understand that,

Attacking the new just because they are new is not a good plan.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the tug abides

Re: Tigernet Owners

Jan 18, 2021, 6:51 PM

https://youtu.be/gOMhN-hfMtY

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can we all agree that is safe to say that we have found

Jan 18, 2021, 7:09 PM

deadsolidperfect® 's newest scok?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Oh, I think DSP would have made a more...

Jan 18, 2021, 9:56 PM

...flamboyant return than this. God rest her soul.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

THANKS COVID!***

Jan 18, 2021, 10:46 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gonna give you a +1 and unsolicited advice

Jan 18, 2021, 7:18 PM

Unfair as it may seem, complaining is not the best way to solve your problem. Just hang in there, try to be positive and contribute to the discussion, and the pulse will take care of itself.

Right or wrong, people are suspicious of newbies. I like to give the benefit of the doubt, but not all do. Just roll with it.

Welcome, and Go Tigers!

First piece of advice is to

Jan 18, 2021, 7:23 PM

never make a post about why your posts are not well-accepted. Next thing is to respond positively to others and third is to not worry about the pulse percentage- 88% ain’t t bad for a start

We gotcha up to 90% already- tread softly

Message was edited by: clover65®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: First piece of advice is to

Jan 18, 2021, 7:47 PM

As all can see I have not yet made enough posts to be judged on. Asking questions is not whining. With this post (or any posts) I drop as to Tiger Pulse. It is interesting.
Clover suggests that I should be silent as to this. Why?

Who here except for past players is more orange than me?

If this is a competition, slam me, but explain why. Don't hit in the dark as a coward. Be a man and post why I am not welcome.

the tug abides

Did not say you are whining

Jan 18, 2021, 10:16 PM

Just pointing out a fact that anytime I have seen such questions, the asker gets many TD’s as a result- not saying it is right but it’s a fact on here

Jan 20, 2021, 6:18 PM [ in reply to Re: First piece of advice is to ]

It’s cuz you are a coot. HTH.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2021, 7:40 AM [ in reply to Re: First piece of advice is to ]

Welcome to TigerNet! Where the points are made up and the pulse don’t matter! (Except to those it does)

I don’t know either man. You’re human so you’re bound to disagree with someone, and they will inevitably slam the thumbs down button bc they can’t stand to feel slighted or wronged, especially when they are proven wrong. ¯\_(?)_/¯

If the pulse matters to you, fight it. Fight it hard by contributing well thought-out posts that offer insight. By being kind and respectful. By playing the political game. But...almost as sure as D!ck’s hatband being tight or CooterBrown being drunk, someone is going to thumbs down you, likely without offering any sensible argument and calling you a coot. But those shouldn’t be your target audience.

I’m not necessarily new on here but also not one of the oldies, but I have learned that the ones that matter offer funny witty quips AS WELL AS well thought out feedback. And honestly, the people that matter on here, are going to know how “Orange” you are by your reputation (via your post history) rather than your pulse.

That’s just my two cents. Welcome to T-Net, watch out for the dark corners, and enjoy the ride. Tons of great Tigers on here and more than a few of them are smarter than the average bear. Sometimes the posts below the article are as educational as the article, which is a rarity indeed.

don't sweat it, dude...few things in life are less important

Jan 18, 2021, 7:44 PM

than your Tnet pulse. LOL. More than likely you just made a slightly negative/realistic post at the very beginning and got hammered with down votes. Or posted something under the wrong Forum. That's all it takes when you have a low post count. As others have said, just keep posting and it will all level out. I went back and read all of your posts and saw nothing bad. ####, we've already pushed you from 87% to 91% in less than an hour...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Re: don't sweat it, dude...few things in life are less important

Jan 18, 2021, 7:53 PM

Thanks for the reply. I do understand most here are OK with me. I am open for a good debate as to any topic. Attacking me in the dark is not valid. Folks who slam me in the dark should have the courage to explain so I can respond.

the tug abides

If an idiot calls you an idiot, what does that say about

Jan 18, 2021, 7:59 PM

you? For the love of everything good, don't worry about what people on this board think of you.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Come now Tugaloo.. check out my pulse..

Jan 18, 2021, 8:09 PM

I'm racing towards TNet nobility, but some knuckleheads insist on TU'ing me. Just how rational do I need to be to reach the abyss.

Been around for 15 years

Jan 18, 2021, 8:12 PM

2 degrees from clemson (03, 09) and went to the natty in Tampa, which almost cost me my marriage and look at my pulse, grow a pair and quit worrying about what other people think of you, oh and save your hundred bucks if you are only looking for praise from this bunch!

OK bud, the necktards and trolls smell blood in the water...

Jan 18, 2021, 8:22 PM

you've gone from 87 to 91, and now back down to 85. My advice is to delete this account and start over.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Re: OK bud, the necktards and trolls smell blood in the water...

Jan 18, 2021, 9:21 PM

I think Pults actually works on a rolling scale because my pulse was really low then it went to 100% then went low again. So I don’t think it’s cumulative. I think it’s determined over a rolling period of time which is why I can fluctuate so wildly over just a few months. But I don’t know and don’t really care but that’s just the observation that I’ve made because so many people seem to make such a big deal out of it.

When I see grown men on here begging for a point so they can have 10,000 points or complaining about their pulse ratings I feel sorry for them. People on here are like little girls on social media! It’s truly astounding!

Who you calling "grown men"?

Jan 20, 2021, 10:16 AM

We are a lot of little girls. Please give me a TU.

Jan 18, 2021, 8:30 PM

All the advice from this thread has helped me so thanks TigerNetters. I admit I too have 100% pulse envy but I have already decided not to worry about it. I just hope I get to keep laughing at posts from time to time and hear great stories from Joe21 and see sideways or upside down fish pictures from Spud. What more could I ask for?

a shoeless video maybe***

Jan 18, 2021, 8:48 PM

Re: a shoeless video maybe***

Jan 18, 2021, 9:21 PM

Don't know if that is meant to be a play on your screen name, but a +1 cause it got a laugh from me.

Jan 18, 2021, 9:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Tigernet Owners ]

+1 for giving ole Spud some ##### about his photos. He's a good'un! Don't sweat the small stuff and you'll be alright around here!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2021, 9:18 PM

I am a 1988 Clemson grad and my pulse is in the toilet and I really don’t care because I think as a grown man caring about points or thumbs up or pulse ratings is what girls on social media do.

That being said here’s a little advice and some inside baseball on TNet.

1. There is a contingent on this board that attacks anyone that doesn’t drink the orange Kool-Aid. If you don’t post hyperbolic enthusiastic approval of all things Clemson then you are a coot (USC fan). Even the most nuanced and objective criticism of a player or coach or the school will get you viciously attacked. And for gods sake under no circumstances even think about criticizing Dabo for anything!

2. There is a small contingent of people on this board that can say or do anything and if you’re not part of that little cabal you will get attacked or your posts will get thumbed down or both.

3. There is a small group of very vocal liberals on here that are extremely far left and woke and if you post anything that’s even remotely political with the slightest conservative or even moderate stance you will get attacked viciously and nothing will be done to the perpetrators. See item 2 above.

4. Complaining or questioning in anyway will only make things worse.

5. Standing up for yourself and fighting back well quite possibly get you banned while the people that attacked you will not be bothered. Again see item 2 above.

If course none of this makes sense as a business model but it is what it is and you will adapt or you won’t last very long. And watch as I get attacked just for writing what I wrote. Go read some of my posts and see how I get received for a better understanding of how this place works.

You can cut the hypocrisy and double standards on this board with a knife.

Nuance, critical thinking, and any type of objective criticism out of love of Clemson or country is not tolerated!

Good luck!

Jan 18, 2021, 10:57 PM

Number 3 is BS AND YOU KNOW IT , COOT!

Just kidding !

Great post ??

I disagree with this post.

Jan 19, 2021, 9:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Tigernet Owners ]

I've been on TNET a long time and have a different perspective.

Down votes are almost always well deserved and they are a result of what is said in a post.

Derogatory, condescending attitudes will usually win you a thumbs down. Open, thoughtful discussion, jokes and sarcasm will usually win friends here.

HTH,

LBT

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I disagree with this post.

Jan 20, 2021, 6:27 PM

Derogatory and condescending is fine as long as it is directed towards the Broad River Correctional Facility for Illiterate Bedwetters ... ie coots, legally known as the University of South Carolina. Mostly because a "derogatory" is where coots think they keep the coeds living on campus and condescending is when they are paroled and taking the escalator down to lobby of the courthouse.

Also, downvotes are for Judge burner accounts or the Judge... or anything basketball related which tends to be all three.

^^ Definitely agree with this post!***

Jan 21, 2021, 8:44 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Post often, appear somewhat lucid, don't argue with...

Jan 18, 2021, 9:47 PM

...long-time Tnetters. Many of which are simply trolling to get a rise out of you and test your metal. Have a healthy appreciation of sarcasm. You will be fine.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: Post often, appear somewhat lucid, don't argue with...

Jan 18, 2021, 10:05 PM

Trolls? On the Internet? On tiger net? Surely you jest!

Re: Post often, appear somewhat lucid, don't argue with...

Jan 19, 2021, 10:23 PM [ in reply to Post often, appear somewhat lucid, don't argue with... ]

moab® said:

...long-time Tnetters. Many of which are simply trolling to get a rise out of you and test your metal. Have a healthy appreciation of sarcasm. You will be fine.

This is best advice you will receive.+1

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Jan 18, 2021, 10:54 PM

I hear you ... but I don’t know what my pulse is and I’m not paying a dime ??

Jan 18, 2021, 11:19 PM

I’m very sorry for the reception you have received. You shouldn’t have to use it but there is an ignore option. I hope you enjoy your time on Tiger Net and pull hard for all of our tigers. Look forward to your contributions

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Jan 19, 2021, 11:19 AM

I would like to share my experience. I have been around a long time here. I read a whole lot but i never posted, never logged in. I never knew what a pulse was, how you got it, etc. therefore my pulse was 100. Since i never posted anything i had no tu’s in the bank or td’s either for that matter. So a couple of years ago i started logging in and expressing my displeasure with Coach B. Somewhere along the line i saw my pulse was crap so some of the locals here explained it to me. I was getting td’ed for expressing negative comments about Coach B. Since i never posted i had no tu’s to offset the td’s. If you have a lower pulse you get called names and disrespected, even though i personally am one of the most kind people on earth. So i started posting only positive things and my pulse has gradually climbed up. I do not like the fact that one can express a different point of view here and get td’ed about it. I feel like there is room in my heart for different opinions. I have not seen that here. However that is the way this board works. I enjoy the banter and info here but decry personal attacks. There are regulars here who have earned the right to criticize other opinions without retribution. I have not gotten to that point as i don’t post a lot. So i stay here, and contribute $ because i appreciate what the founders have done. Good luck to you. I look forward to reading your posts and wont td you either.

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

+1 for your post

Jan 21, 2021, 8:46 AM

I think your pulse gets some help when you +1 others' posts as well.

Here’s some friendly advice.

Jan 19, 2021, 11:59 PM

Remember football is king.
Never question Dabo.
Never compliment the Coots.
Probation wasn’t Danny’s fault.
Everything is Hatfield’s fault.
Brownell sucks.
Swofford sucks.
Bourbon is good. Beer is great.
Anything overtly Southern is good.
Anything even borderline Yankee is bad.

Strong opinions have a high likelihood of being downvoted, especially if they violate any of the above.

Memes and gifs are usually safe, and can get you points.

Once you build up enough street cred here, you will have the approval of a lot of people on a message board. You can decide if that’s something to be proud of or ashamed of.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

^ Be leery of advice regarding your pulse from someone who..

Jan 20, 2021, 8:00 AM

does not have a 100% pulse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: ^ Be leery of advice regarding your pulse from someone who..

Jan 20, 2021, 6:28 PM

But what about his burner accounts?

Re: ^ Be leery of advice regarding your pulse from someone who..

Jan 20, 2021, 6:36 PM

You are one of them futuredoc, remember? ??

Hey look, it's the Kim Jong Un and Adolf Hitler sympathizer

Jan 20, 2021, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Here’s some friendly advice. ]

trying to paint himself as a victim! How very passive aggressive of you.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

For those playing from home......

Jan 20, 2021, 11:49 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Sad-if-true-27148620

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Also having a high likelihood of being downvoted is calling

Jan 20, 2021, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Here’s some friendly advice. ]

our starting LB -- and one of the most important players on our defense -- a d-bag.

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I honestly thought you were going to say...

Jan 20, 2021, 1:41 PM

Don't make up inflated rankings for our opponents in basketball after we beat them, just to make our team's victory look better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Wow! You really take anonymous posting on a trivial and

Jan 20, 2021, 5:12 PM [ in reply to Here’s some friendly advice. ]

meaningless message board serious.

Re: Wow! You really take anonymous posting on a trivial and

Jan 20, 2021, 6:27 PM

Found Juan!! ^^^^^^^

Coot!***

Jan 21, 2021, 8:47 AM [ in reply to Wow! You really take anonymous posting on a trivial and ]

Re: Here’s some friendly advice.

Jan 20, 2021, 8:11 PM [ in reply to Here’s some friendly advice. ]

Completely agree with this post.

Jan 20, 2021, 8:17 PM

I have been on Tigernet since 2001, I don’t post much but i read every post. Most everyone on here are true Tiger fans. There are a few trolls but don’t take long to see them for who they are.

Jan 20, 2021, 11:40 PM [ in reply to Here’s some friendly advice. ]

You forgot to mention that pre-1980 Camaros are good the older the better. Primer grey or primer brick colors are preferred. Unpainted bondo is acceptable.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some would refer to this as having common sense.***

Jan 21, 2021, 8:53 AM [ in reply to Here’s some friendly advice. ]

Jan 20, 2021, 10:19 AM

Most of us went through the same when we first joined. Hang in there. Contribute. Be patient.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jan 20, 2021, 6:35 PM

It’s hazing to a point. Statistically, most new folks, on this bored, are coot trolls. If you see it for what it is and survive, you’ll be fine, less a few cowards that get butt hurt for a joke or comment they don’t like. Donate. It’s not 100 dollars. It’s pennies a day. If you can’t afford pennies a day it doesn’t make much sense to be on a device connected to the internet. If these points don’t jive with your expectations, I would move on. Someone mentioned blood in the water and this thread has some licking their chops.

What?

Jan 21, 2021, 12:02 PM

"If you can’t afford pennies a day it doesn’t make much sense to be on a device connected to the internet".

I'm sorry, but what is your presumed correlation?

Jan 21, 2021, 6:21 AM

Your pulse is right where it needs to be. You're an honest person. 100% pulses is generally people pleasers, yes people, glad handers, back slappers, good diplomats. If you're pleasing every one all the time, something's probably wrong. Be proud to be you!

Hand out a lot of TU's

Jan 21, 2021, 8:54 AM

can't hurt. LOL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Calm down Karen***

Jan 21, 2021, 8:56 AM

I like your funny words magic man

What's up new jack? A/S/L?

Jan 21, 2021, 9:13 AM

You like mustache rides?

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 56
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic