Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here's a jewel for discussion that no one has found yet:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,858

Here's a jewel for discussion that no one has found yet:

Sep 18, 2015, 6:03 PM

Now I'm open to discussion on this "block in the back" and what constitutes it, but if you watch a replay of the kick off return last night you will see the Louisville player sling our player down from behind with his arm. This was the PRIMARY CENTER tackler we had right in front of the runner. Very unfortunate, because it clearly made the path for the runner coming out of about the ten yard line and he cut to his right. I want someone to analyze this block and give me an interpretation. Not trying to make excuses, just want a legit interpretation. I DVR'd it with my very-knowledgeable football son coach and he agreed it looked pretty suspect. But the question is, can a player use his arm like this to push a player down from behind?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, it's blocking in the back or

Sep 18, 2015, 6:22 PM

holding at a minimum. We should find that guy and whip his ###.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here's a jewel for discussion that no one has found yet:

Sep 18, 2015, 6:22 PM

At what time markers does the play occur in this video?:

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=17828957

1:52:25 on the replay...

Sep 18, 2015, 6:36 PM

Watch our number 27, the key tackler-in-waiting just before samuel cuts to his right. The two players "Engage". Their number (8?)3 first hugs him completely with his arms wrapped around him, then is able to sling him completely down with a neat little shove from behind. It all kind of starts with the full body hug "block". Whatever it was, it sure freed up the gap that he blew through a moment later. Best seen on the replays of it starting at precisely 1:52:25.

There were two infractions on that play..no call.

Sep 18, 2015, 6:59 PM

SUCK IT REFS....

Re: Here's a jewel for discussion that no one has found yet:

Sep 18, 2015, 7:44 PM

Austin Bryant WAS held on that play and usually for a kickoff play that type of holding is called.

CJ Fuller although he was wrapped up and thrown to the ground (Bear hug Holding) a referee can and will say that the action of the defensive player influenced the offensive players technique? The Offensive player has a right to stand his ground when a defensive player charges into him. Now if he had held onto him after initial contact rather then throw him to the ground It would have been called. Also if Fuller had sort of stopped and tried to shimmy around him he would not be allowed to wrap his arms around the defensive player then either. Just a note if the defensive player rams into the offensive player and the offensive player bear hugs him and then falls back without releasing the defensive player that is also holding.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

?? What? Please repeat that again!

Sep 18, 2015, 7:48 PM

LoL & GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,858
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic