Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
San Jose or San Francisco Airport
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

San Jose or San Francisco Airport

Dec 17, 2018, 12:34 PM

which would you recommend when the tigers play at levi stadium, i know san jose is closer

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whichever is cheaper.

Dec 17, 2018, 12:36 PM

If the price is the same, San Jose.

I avoid SFO at all costs. I would also look at OAK and SMF (Sacramento)

Dec 17, 2018, 1:52 PM

SMF is 2 hours but super easy and often cheaper.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: San Jose or San Francisco Airport

Dec 17, 2018, 12:41 PM

I travel to SF twice a year to see my son in Alameda, which is north of San Jose. San Jose would be a little quicker ride to the stadium but not sure the price difference would be worth it. You can leave SFO and be directly on the Interstate going to SJ.

Dallas/Fort Worth Airport

Dec 17, 2018, 12:48 PM

Focus!!

Dallas Love Field then...I hate DFW***

Dec 17, 2018, 12:52 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Airport

Dec 17, 2018, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Dallas/Fort Worth Airport ]

Ill be flying into dallas fort worth on Dec 28.. Go tigers

SJC...stay away from the ride down 101 from SFO...

Dec 17, 2018, 12:51 PM

...I'll take SJC every day of the week and twice on Sunday, up to about $300 difference in airfare. Then, I might go to SFO. But, I don't think you are going to find that big of a difference in airfare, particularly, if you fly Southwest.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

San Francisco International Airport

from Atlanta

San Francisco International Airport from Atlanta***

Dec 17, 2018, 3:25 PM

Depends on what time you are planning to arrive. If it’s close to or during rush hour I would go for San Jose.

Here's a $328 round-trip from ATL-SFO with no need for hotel

Dec 17, 2018, 1:16 PM

http://skipl.ag/wo8d

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here's a $328 round-trip from ATL-SFO with no need for hotel

Dec 17, 2018, 1:28 PM

Ease of getting in and out - SJC
congestion of air traffic at the airport-SFO
fog rolling in off the bay - SFO
great big hills that will ruin your day to the west of the airport -SFO (yes they’ve been crashed into before)
cost of airline tickets? Don’t know.

Re: Here's a $328 round-trip from ATL-SFO with no need for hotel

Dec 17, 2018, 1:32 PM

**Oakland Airport**

I live 14 miles from Levi Stadium

Dec 17, 2018, 5:21 PM

So there are two key things you'd have to answer:

1. Ticket price difference?

2. What else are you doing in the area?

If the price differential is significant - whatever that means to you - then that will probably drive your choice. If you plan to visit San Francisco for a day or 2 after the game then you I would suggest SFO or Oakland.

If you are really planning on staying near the stadium for your entire visit then if the price differential is under $100 then I'd say San Jose.

In San Jose's favor - much smaller airport, easier to get in and out. You can take a VTA tram directly from the airport to the stadium.

SFO is not as close but still convenient enough in my opinion. You could drive if you rent a car but you can also take Caltrain and VTA light rail to the stadium but it will take about an hour longer than coming from SJC. The drive is easy if it isn't rush hour - then it is not good at all but if you leave time you can do it. Thousands of people do it every day. If it isn't rush hour you'll be there very quickly. More info on SFO - here is a link that might help: http://www.caltrain.com/about/MediaRelations/news/Caltrain_Runs_Special_Service_to_Levi_s__Stadium_for_49ers_Football.html
It will give you a clue what they do for 49er games and I'd expect a similar arrangement for the Championship game.

Oakland - mass transit is available but you'll ride more vehicles to get there. Not a big deal if you are used to doing that. If you drive ... well I hate US 880 which runs N/S along the eastern shore of the SF Bay. It is always dense traffic. But like I said before - thousands and thousands of people do these drives every day as a commute so you can do it too. If you are driving between 10 and 2 on a weekday or after 7:30 PM you will be fine. Weekends shouldn't be much of a problem at all.

And as for those hills to the West - whoever wrote that doesn't know what they are talking about. I know of no commercial airline crashes in the hills to the west of SFO. One crash in the East Bay Hills in 1951 - a DC6, you know, a prop plane. Those hills to the west of SFO are the foothills of the Santa Cruz Mountains - which extend south past San Jose and they are much higher there anyway.

So to sum up - if I don't plan to travel beyond the south bay (San Jose/Levi Stadium) then I'd pay somewhat more to use San Jose Airport.

Look at Oakland and Napa***

Dec 17, 2018, 5:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2018, 6:10 PM

Before I retired, I never flew into or out of SFO on time but that can happen anywhere.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic