Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here is how, IMO, the playoffs play out...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Here is how, IMO, the playoffs play out...

Nov 15, 2016, 10:06 PM

#1. Bama. Even though auburn can compete with them, I see no reason why they won't be 13-0 when the final rankings come out

#2. Ohio St OR Michigan winner (unless somehow penn st/Wisconsin wins the B1G championship with 2 losses and in that case they would finish in the #3 or 4 spot)

#3. Clemson as long as we win out

#4. 11-1 Louisville OR Washington if they win out and win PAC 12. The committee won't leave out a 1 loss conference champion.

So basically, it's down to only 8 teams who have a realistic shot to get in. Bama, B1G winner (Michigan, Ohio st, penn st, or Wisconsin), Clemson, Washington, Louisville.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here is how, IMO, the playoffs play out...

Nov 15, 2016, 10:07 PM

You forgot ole miss

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They'll finish 5th as the best 6 loss team in the country

Nov 15, 2016, 10:10 PM

On the outside looking in

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2016, 10:18 PM

very good young skywalker. you know CFP

Nov 15, 2016, 10:50 PM

Keep in mind that if Penn State wins out (Rutgers and Michigan State), Ohio State WILL NOT be in the B1G championship game (regardless of whether they beat Michigan). What could really muddy the water is if OSU wins out and Penn State wins out AND wins the B1G Conference Championship. What are the odds the CFP committee moves Penn State in the top 4 as a 2-loss Conference Champion, and also puts OSU in?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Barring a big upset of Penn St, OSU can't win the B1G so in the event

Nov 15, 2016, 10:53 PM

that they do beat Michigan, we will very likely see Wisconsin or PSU win the conference.

Re: Barring a big upset of Penn St, OSU can't win the B1G so in the event

Nov 15, 2016, 10:56 PM

and my question above remains... in that scenario, does the 2-loss B1G champ (PSU or UW) get in along with OSU?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Barring a big upset of Penn St, OSU can't win the B1G so in the event

Nov 15, 2016, 11:01 PM

only if washington loses one more. but yes, I think big10 gets in 2. particularly after cards lose thu night

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

If OSU is 2 now and beats #3 in a couple of weeks how do you leave them out?

Nov 15, 2016, 11:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Barring a big upset of Penn St, OSU can't win the B1G so in the event ]

If Wisconsin were to win the conference there's a good chance OSU will own wins over the Big XII and B1G champs, both on the road. Add the win over #3 Michigan and the nuclear bombing of Nebraska and they have maybe the best wins in all of CFB. I would put them in ahead of 12-1 Washington in that scenario. Hell they should be in ahead of Wisconsin as well.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic