Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here are the reasons that this TL thing is not sooo bad.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Here are the reasons that this TL thing is not sooo bad.....

Oct 30, 2020, 7:29 AM

First off, in my opinion, based on what I've seen this year from everyone else and if we make the playoffs healthy, we will win it all. With that said, here are the reasons this Rona thing with Trevor is a not such a bad thing:

#1 DJ gets the experience as "The Man" for the first time. He gets full time prep with the 1's for a week or so. In games so far, he's only had mop-up duty with the 2's & 3's or a few run package series with the 1's. There will inevitably be a drop off when Trevor is gone next year but this experience for DJ will help lesson said drop. These next two weeks will be invaluable for our team in 21'.

#2 Trevor will be immune for the rest of the year. Timing (if it had to happen) couldn't be better now rather than early January....get it over with.

#3 If there ever was a drop-off/let down game this could've been it with ND next week. Now, with the national narrative being that Clemson is in trouble, I expect everyone else on the roster having the mindset of "what about the rest of us, we don't exactly suck!!!!" I predict this issue will sprinkle the proverbial chip-on-the-shoulder dust on everyone else's shoulders and we spank BC.

#4 If we're on the fence in the Committee's mind come December whether we're in or not, this could work in our favor.

In the end I pray Trevor has no long-term affects from this and hope he gets healthy real soon. Praying for you man and GO TIGERS!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here are the reasons that this TL thing is not sooo bad.....

Oct 30, 2020, 7:38 AM

I agree with this may take a few series to settle down but DJ is the actual heir apparent so with the extra reps in Practice I think he will be ready . Also will probably see a lot of #9

Oct 30, 2020, 7:38 AM

I agree with this may take a few series to settle down but DJ is the actual heir apparent so with the extra reps in Practice I think he will be ready . Also will probably see a lot of #9

Oct 30, 2020, 7:43 AM

Offensive line. Very,very important.

Oct 30, 2020, 7:55 AM

I agree with most of what you are saying except for the timing being good. I would say that the next 2 games are our toughest back-to-back games this year, and the timing would have been better with any other 2 game stretch throughout the regular season. That being said, I still think we have a better than average shot at winning the next 2 games and staying on schedule for the playoffs!

Yeah, I don’t disagree with you but I’ve been saying

Oct 30, 2020, 12:41 PM

all along that these positive tests will become much more important around playoff time, obviously.

Oct 30, 2020, 12:17 AM

Hopefully, he will rebound as quickly as President DJT and be back in the saddle in a few days. If a man in his 70's can do that, surely an elite college age athlete can.

Can Clemson afford $650k in treatment?***

Oct 30, 2020, 9:54 PM

Oct 30, 2020, 1:03 PM

Unless he dies from Covid.

Oct 30, 2020, 1:10 PM

that is just sick and twisted

Bama People ...... Jeez***

Oct 30, 2020, 5:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Here are the reasons that this TL thing is not sooo bad..... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saban’s obviously immune. Dark arts/undead.

Oct 30, 2020, 9:26 PM

Things you’d never learn from a Jedi.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Son...

Oct 30, 2020, 6:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Here are the reasons that this TL thing is not sooo bad..... ]

Oct 30, 2020, 9:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Here are the reasons that this TL thing is not sooo bad..... ]

Good thing the actual Death Rate is < 1%

In other news, the Flu is down 95% this year. It’s a Miracle!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2020, 7:21 PM

What's your level of confidence about #2. I know X had some contributing factors, but he contracted the virus in May, I think, and is just now working his way back.

Make me happy by telling me the difference between the 2 situations.

From what “they” say, the immunity is

Oct 30, 2020, 8:40 PM

temporary depending on level of infection, the amount of antibodies (????). I would think he’d be fine for the rest of this year and the vaccine is coming soon. Idk.

As far as XT, I’ve been saying for months that something doesn’t add up there but what do I know.

Re: From what “they” say, the immunity is

Oct 30, 2020, 9:02 PM

I’m 74 years old and have controlled high blood pressure. I tested positive for Covid July 10 and felt bad)flu like) for couple weeks.. no fever, no trouble breathing, just tired! If I can hsndle it, I feel like Trevor certainly can... praying something, anyway!

“they” don’t really know anything.***

Oct 30, 2020, 9:27 PM [ in reply to From what “they” say, the immunity is ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: From what “they” say, the immunity is

Oct 31, 2020, 7:59 AM [ in reply to From what “they” say, the immunity is ]

There are different strains of this virus. More deadly strains lose the “propagation race” because they can’t spread as well if they kill the host. This virus is becoming less deadly by the month. Until July, this was a different and more severe virus. That was the version that XT caught.

Also, people with a healthy immune system are not catching this virus more than once. Anything else you are hearing is rumor/propaganda.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic