Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here are the facts regarding out QB situation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 3,632

Here are the facts regarding out QB situation

Apr 16, 2018, 2:59 PM

Look at where TL is at after 15 practices compared to HJ and CB who were here all last year and KB who has been here 3 full years. Incredible!

Clearly TL is the top QB talent. We should start preparing him as the full-time starter right of the bat. Only way he doesn’t start is (1) he chokes when the games are real or (2) he gets hurt. I don’t see the former happening, but maybe the later. Quarterbacks need to be tough – look at what Alabama did to Watson. Can TL handle that? I don’t know, yet, but I hope so.

Whoever comes in at #2 will get lots of playing time this year. Unless there is an injury, the odd man out is #3. Maybe #2 plays the 3rd quarter and #3 plays the 4th but I have a hard time seeing #3 sticking with the program, unless he just really loves it here. The #3 guy ended up playing at Ohio St, so nothing is for sure, but I have a hard time seeing 3 potential NFL quarterbacks staying on the roster for the next 3 years.

As for KB – he had a great year last year, but he is clearly #4. The question shouldn’t be if he starts or not but if he gets any playing time at QB at all. He was awesome for us last year but we simply have better options now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here are the facts regarding out QB situation

Apr 16, 2018, 3:05 PM

Will the facts follow in a second post on the thread ?

I appreciate your effort but everything you just put down about our QB situation is opinion ... pure speculation on your part .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2018, 3:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Here are the facts regarding out QB situation ]

Speculation? What else are the postings on this thread? Its all about opinion, and everyone is entitled to one.

Apr 16, 2018, 4:23 PM

au contraire. Everything posted on tnet comments is factual. BMeist has this super dooooper ANALyitics program that fact checks every word before it will post. If you are able to read it, it's factual.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2018, 4:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Here are the facts regarding out QB situation ]

Wait a second...are you trying to tell me that my opinions != facts?

Mind blown!

If this is true, then people are not nearly as dimwitted as previously thought....

Any of the 4 QBs on the roster can bring this team to a 12-0 season. Even if they make a lot of mistakes the defense can save a lack luster offense, (see 2017).

at this point it is picking who gives you the best shot to make it to the NC game and win

Apr 16, 2018, 3:54 PM

Agreed.

Apr 16, 2018, 3:06 PM

Word! ^

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which QB threw 3 INTs during the Spring Game?

Apr 16, 2018, 3:16 PM

Including a pick-6? That QB is "clearly" higher on the depth chart than the QB that picked apart Miami in the ACC Championship game last year with a record 15 straight completions? KB had a bad day in the Spring Game for sure, but your assertion that he is "clearly" #4 is just preposterous.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: Which QB threw 3 INTs during the Spring Game?

Apr 16, 2018, 3:57 PM

Well see. Let the chips fall where they may.

Apr 16, 2018, 3:59 PM [ in reply to Which QB threw 3 INTs during the Spring Game? ]

I wouldn't say he's #4, but one first down is not a good indication of a good QB.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2018, 4:48 PM [ in reply to Which QB threw 3 INTs during the Spring Game? ]

You may be right. Chase impressed me on Saturday, though, and while I agree about the INT's, he also moved the ball and looked good doing it.

Apr 16, 2018, 3:18 PM

Wow...your fax made me dizzy

Apr 16, 2018, 3:47 PM

I think all of us wish the very best for KB, and would to see him light it up at QB, lead us to a NC, and win the Heisman. Do I think any of this is going to happen? No. One thing that really surprised me about the Spring game was the size of the gap between KBs' performance and that of the rest of the QBs, especially TL. Not even close. I saw no improvement in KB's performance over last year. Yeah, I have read all the hype about how he "led" us to 12 victories last year. That's one way of looking at it. Another way of perceiving it is that last year KB was bailed out by having a great team around him. One could reasonably say that a great Clemson team won with a very average QB. Isn't there a very simple solution to this? Let it be settled on the practice on the practice field. At the end of fall camp, play the best QB. The irony is that KB would very likely have a shot at the NFL were he playing another position. For example, at RB he would be the biggest, probably most powerful player at that position of anyone on the team. He puts on ten pounds of muscle, and he's a 230 pound running back (with excellent speed) going into the NFL! Huh?? Food for thought.

Apr 16, 2018, 3:57 PM

If he is willing to sacrifice his body to block he could very likely be drafted as a RB. 0 chance he gets drafted as a QB.

Apr 16, 2018, 3:58 PM

You nailed it.

Replies: 16
| visibility 3,632
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic