Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Syracuse Friday....Who's coming??!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Syracuse Friday....Who's coming??!!

Oct 9, 2017, 8:00 AM

With all the predictions of 55-0 on here, I can't believe the spread is only 21. Someone needs to alert Vegas to the Tiger forum handicappers!! I kid, I kid. We fully expect a pounding but wouldn't be shocked if we hang for awhile.

Either way, we're excited to have you back! Clemson fans were awesome last time.

I'll buy a beer for anyone I hear yelling CUSEJUICE! in the concourse. Should I look for purple I assume? We'll be the ones in Orange.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kudos to you, Juice

Oct 9, 2017, 8:11 AM

I won't be able to make it to the Carrier Dome this year, but I had some friends who made the trip up there a few years ago, and they said it was a great experience - both at the game and in town. Thank you for the offer of hospitality. For what it's worth, I don't think any real Clemson fans see us winning that game by 55, or even by 25. We will be happy to leave upstate NY with a win. I expect it to be a good game.

FT

Clemson class of 1990

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Syracuse Friday....Who's coming??!!

Oct 9, 2017, 8:33 AM

Making the trip from Toronto! I will be wearing purple, I went two years ago and it was great Clemson crowd. Wouldn't mind knowing what bar most fans will be at before the game

Oct 9, 2017, 8:37 AM

You probably remember this from last time, but you can hang on Marshall St. before the game. Faegan's is a hoppin spot. There is a nice scence in front of the Sheridan right on Marshall st. as well. Varsity Pizza is right there too.

If you're downtown, one of our brand new bars "Shaughnessy's" is doing a huge pre-game party. Its at the new Hotel Syracuse Marriott. They close off the streets in front.

And obviously the Armory Square area is where all the best bars and restaurants are.

Oct 9, 2017, 8:50 AM

Appreciate the info, maybe I will see you there.

Oct 9, 2017, 2:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Syracuse Friday....Who's coming??!! ]

Question, how do most locals get from Armory Square to the Carrier Dome for the game? Uber/Taxi/Walk?

We'll be flying in on Wednesday and visiting the surrounding areas for the week (Niagara Falls and etc.) and we've been wondering if Armory Square was the place to be on game day or if something closer to the Carrier Dome was the norm.

CUvsFSU2011win

-- Too many daughters and not enough bullets. --

Oct 9, 2017, 2:43 PM

You can easily Uber or you can walk. There is an awesome new tailgate party at the new Hotel Syracuse Marriott downtown. The bar is called Shaugnessys They may even have a shuttle from the bar

Oct 9, 2017, 4:19 PM

Thanks

CUvsFSU2011win

Oct 9, 2017, 4:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Syracuse Friday....Who's coming??!! ]

See they do have a game shuttle for $5; listed on their Facebook page.

CUvsFSU2011win

Oct 9, 2017, 4:32 PM

I’ve heard good things about the party. We obviously don’t have the tailgate scene at the Mecca like you do. But we definitely party. Hell we’re in upstate ny, we have to party to survive! Haha

Oct 9, 2017, 11:14 AM

Coming down with my son from Toronto. Think my tickets are on the Syracuse side. Our first live Clemson game. So excited.

BTW, can I get parking on game day or do I need a parking pass?

Oct 9, 2017, 2:44 PM

There are pay lots all over. North Manley is a great one on Comstock Ave for $15 bucks. You can take the shuttle in or walk it (12 minute walk) to the dome.

Oct 9, 2017, 3:38 PM

Thanks juice

I'm surprised the spread is -21. I would have guessed -14 or so***

Oct 9, 2017, 11:15 AM

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Before you cuse me...

Oct 9, 2017, 11:25 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20WrYQI784g

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'Cuse me while I whip this out***

Oct 9, 2017, 11:39 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great movie.***

Oct 9, 2017, 11:46 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?"... ;~)***

Oct 9, 2017, 11:37 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heading to Syracuse From Knoxville Thursday

Oct 9, 2017, 11:47 AM

We're looking forward to a fun trip. Driving up Thursday. Going to Fort Stanwix during the day on Friday with my sons. Going to game Friday night and then Niagara Falls Saturday.

I do have some questions:

* Any good Italian restaurants you can recommend? Nothing fancy, just good, authentic Italian.

* Are there areas of town that I should try to stay away from (in terms of choosing a hotel)?

* What do folks do about parking? Is it better to buy online ahead of time or are there pay lots within walking distance of the Dome where you can purchase the day of the game?

I expect a lot closer game than most Clemson fans want. Our Offense seems to be hot-and-cold, but our Defense - at least the first team - is fairly consistent at being dominant.

How did you guys lose to Middle Tennessee State?

Go Tigers!

MT

Re: Heading to Syracuse From Knoxville Thursday

Oct 9, 2017, 11:59 AM

Lot's great Italian restaurants and most Hotels are in really safe areas. There is a brand new Embassy suites near Destiny Mall and their is another at Carrier Circle along with about 10 other hotels there including a Doubletree.Most hotels are about 10 minutes from the stadium.

Go to the Syracusefan.com site to ask any questions before getting into town or even while being here.Expect a few smartass answers too and by me of course.

Then there is the Fine lot tailgate party and it is a good deal as for 10 bucks it covers food and beer and other drinks. Just look that up in the threads and give a number on how many. The lot is two blocks from the Dome

Oct 9, 2017, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Heading to Syracuse From Knoxville Thursday ]

http://texanmarktailgate.blogspot.com

Oct 9, 2017, 12:20 PM [ in reply to Heading to Syracuse From Knoxville Thursday ]

Mecklenburg: Our D "fairly consistent" !! Rea;;y. Has you seen them play? Feast your eyes on this stat> That fairly consistent D has given up as grand total of 26 points in 6 games total in the first 3 quarters! That's way beyond fairly consistent. The remaining points were given up in the 4th quarter or after the game was basically over.
If Bryant [lays this gamed will be anything but close. Have you not read up on the Cuse and their wonderful O line, great D and a QB who breaks when he gets hit by a team playing BIG BOY FOOTBALL? Her will get punished again.

Oct 11, 2017, 7:30 PM [ in reply to Heading to Syracuse From Knoxville Thursday ]

Syracuse Downtown

If you've never been to Syracuse, the #1 spot for lunch or dinner is Dinosaur BBQ. It sounds a little weird ordering southern BBQ in upstate NY but its got a great scene with good food.

8 minute walk from Dino is the Armory Square area. This is the go-to spot for restaurants, shops, and bars. Keep in mind that we now have Uber and Lyft. Finally!

In Armory Square, if you want a little more upscale for dinner, I recommend The York http://yorkcny.com/

Other great restaurants in Armory include Pastabilities for Italian http://www.pastabilities.com/ and Lemongrass for amazing Thai cuisine http://www.lemongrasscny.com/

There are some great beer bars in Armory Square as well. Blue Tusk http://www.bluetusk.com/ and Empire Brewery https://empirebrew.com/ are right across the street from each other and both have tons of beers. For cocktails and whisky, Al's wine and whiskey http://www.alswineandwhiskey.com/ has a huge selection. There is also a fantastic Irish Pub Kitty Hoynes http://kittyhoynes.com/ in Armory square as well.

Campus

Marshall St. is the area with all the restaurants and bars on campus. The go-to places on gameday are Faegan's http://www.faeganspub.com/ (very crowded but great scene) and the Varsity.

Tailgating

If you want to start Friday downtown, there is a block party at Shaughnessy's https://www.shaughnessyspub.com/ at the new Hotel Syracuse Marriott downtown. I believe they have a $5 shuttle to the game. If you'd rather get near the dome, you can either hang out at the bars on Marshall street or choose a random pay lot (about $15) and set up your own little tailgate.

Link to "all the 55-0 predictions?"

Oct 9, 2017, 12:02 PM

TIA

I'm thinking more along the lines of 38-14 Clemson

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2017, 2:44 PM

I'll be there, but I'm very concerned about the oppressive heat in your stadium. I hear it might get up to almost 80 degrees.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Oct 9, 2017, 2:47 PM

This is the first time I've heard of this. LOL, love you guys but I would KILL for some new material on this board this week. haha.

Oct 9, 2017, 3:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Syracuse Friday....Who's coming??!! ]

And don't forget it's really loud also ??

It is who's going yankee***

Oct 9, 2017, 2:57 PM

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic