Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Head to Head, would you take Michigan over LSU in the CFB Playoff?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Head to Head, would you take Michigan over LSU in the CFB Playoff?

Oct 23, 2018, 7:02 PM

This won't come up if bama beats LSU, most likely, but who would you take?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Head to Head, would you take Michigan over LSU in the CFB Playoff?

Oct 23, 2018, 7:05 PM

LOL anyone deserving to be in the playoff would crush Michigan, they have proved nothing

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2018, 7:33 PM

I've watched a little bit of LSU and they suck. Not sure on Michigan but I think they suck too.

I think both teams are pretty similar defensive teams with poor offense. LSU has played a much better schedule though.

Michigan is +200 in ypg, LSU is only +50.

IDK how they blew out UGA so much but LSU was pretty lucky in the Miami game. Miami is not a good team but still out gained them in week 1.

Your definition of sucks must be different than mine.

Oct 23, 2018, 8:51 PM

A team that is 6-1 or 7-1 doesn't suck, regardless of their competition! Now, if you want to say the coots suck, or Tennessee sucks. or UNCheat sucks, I'll go with that!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2018, 7:34 PM

Michigan because I think their offense is slightly better. Defenses are comparable.

LSU... MUCH more team speed, special teams, DBs...***

Oct 23, 2018, 7:39 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really?

Oct 23, 2018, 7:40 PM

LSU wins.

Michigan lost to another SEC team in their bowl game in January.

LSU is much better than usc.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Oct 23, 2018, 7:47 PM

Playoff? LSU. Better resume to this point and if they somehow beat Alabama, then it's no question. But Michigan has a better loss (since apparently that matters for some reason).

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It would be a 12-9 game ...

Oct 23, 2018, 7:55 PM

Who cares who wins - they’d get crushed in the big game

Corndogs > Khakis***

Oct 23, 2018, 8:03 PM

Oct 23, 2018, 8:08 PM

Michigan. One of those perennial teams who will simply be overrated due to their "massive" attendee ratio (ie graduates watching TV).

It's a friggin shame a team is elevated to near God-like status due to the number of students who attended a school. Notre Dame, USC, OSU, Michigan. Then the second tier teams which get the same treatment - Texas, Florida, Florida State, Miami.

Who cares if you won a million games a friggin thousand years ago? I certainly don't!

Base a team's strength on its abilities. Not it's past. Sick of that ####.

Amen.

Oct 23, 2018, 8:08 PM

It's going to be a tough call if they were to both end up as 1 loss teams. Michigan has a decent chance of winning out and getting in, but LSU will likely end up losing at least 1 more game.

If they were to play each other, I think it would be a good game. Michigan has a better defense and a better offense than LSU, but LSU does have better athletes and more team speed than Michigan. Given how one dimensional LSU's offense is as well as the strength of Michigan's run defense, I don't think LSU would be able to move the ball against them.

Conversely, LSU's defense hasn't been nearly as dominant as Michigan this year while Michigan's offense has been better than LSU. The advantage in the pass and rush defense of LSU vs the pass and rush offense of Michigan is much less than the advantage of Michigan's defense over LSU's offense in each of these categories.

Just compare these rankings:

LSU is 25th in total defense, 33rd in rush defense , 37th in pass defense and 6th in defensive efficieny .
LSU is 85hth in total offense, 47th in rush offense, 103rd in pass offense and 32nd in offensive efficiency.

Mich is 1st in total defense, 7th in rush defense, 1st in pass defense and 3rd in defensive efficiency.
Mich is 56th in total offense, 32nd in rush offense, 94th in pass offense and 14th in offensive efficiency.

Despite LSU having a slightly more difficult SOS than Michigan so far this year, it doesn't make up for the difference in productivity of their offenses and defenses which can be seen in the efficiency rankings that are adjusted to strength of opponent.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2018, 8:17 PM

I don't take any team that loss to the coots in the last calendar year seriously.

Michigan is the better team

Oct 23, 2018, 8:19 PM

#1 defense in the country and a less inept offense. They are better on both sides of the ball than LSU.

For Those Saying Michigan

Oct 23, 2018, 8:23 PM

it has been 5 years since a Big 10 team beat an SEC or ACC team in a game that mattered.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

What exactly is a game that matters?

Oct 23, 2018, 8:39 PM

Wisconsin beat Miami in the Orange Bowl last year. If you think that was a meaningless bowl game, Purdue whipped BC a few weeks ago in a regular season game.

I think it would be a very evenly matched game

Oct 23, 2018, 8:42 PM

LSUs offense seems like it regressed some.

I'd give a slight edge to Michigan right now. Even though the B1G is the most over rated league in history.

Oct 23, 2018, 9:01 PM

If LSU is there, it means they beat Bama. I would take LSU.

Nope. I'd bet the under.***

Oct 23, 2018, 11:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nope. I'd bet the under.***

Oct 24, 2018, 12:00 AM

Take the points, too. Neither team would score.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic