Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Hunter Renfrow recaps dream day in Washington, D.C. and the Oval Office
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 57
| visibility 1

TNET: Hunter Renfrow recaps dream day in Washington, D.C. and the Oval Office

Jan 15, 2019, 2:32 PM

Hunter Renfrow recaps dream day in Washington, D.C. and the Oval Office

Monday’s trip to Washington, D.C., was different than Hunter Renfrow’s first trip to the nation’s capital and the White House. Instead of searing June heat, snow covered the ground. Instead of a huge ceremony on the front lawn, the setting was more intimate. And it was a final chance to spend one last bus ride with his brothers. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Hunter Renfrow recaps dream day in Washington, D.C. and the Oval Office

Jan 15, 2019, 2:51 PM

Thank you, President Trump for giving our players something to remember the rest of their lives and tell their children about. You have done a great honor to our University. The vocal Leninists shrieking on the internet represent the extreme leftists who have occupied our universities, and with huge salaries and benefits continue to slam the country that has provided them with such largesse. And because of "tenure", none of these extremists can be fired. What a shame!

He needs to do the same for all POWs after this slap in

Jan 15, 2019, 3:01 PM

the face:

https://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/trump-attacks-mccain-i-like-people-who-werent-captured-120317

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He needs to do the same for all POWs after this slap in

Jan 15, 2019, 3:48 PM

so not a trump fan?

Jan 15, 2019, 3:49 PM [ in reply to He needs to do the same for all POWs after this slap in ]

McCain was s traitor his name is Songbird for what he did while in captivity in Nam. He never did anything to help

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Lulz.***

Jan 15, 2019, 4:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lulz.***

Jan 15, 2019, 6:04 PM

Yeah go "Lulz" on the USS Forrestal incident and what happened when McStain wet-started his plane. I'm sure the surviving families of the dead will lulz right along with you.

Jan 16, 2019, 5:51 PM [ in reply to Re: He needs to do the same for all POWs after this slap in ]

That is an awful statement. You probably never served a day in your life.

Jan 15, 2019, 4:48 PM [ in reply to He needs to do the same for all POWs after this slap in ]

Why do you a_holes always have to make things political?

Did you read the post I replied to?***

Jan 15, 2019, 5:24 PM

This may not be Renfrow's last time in the Oval Office!

Jan 15, 2019, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Hunter Renfrow recaps dream day in Washington, D.C. and the Oval Office ]

I could see "President Refrow"!!!! Or Vice President Renfrow on the Ticket with "President Dabo"!

Re: TNET: Hunter Renfrow recaps dream day in Washington, D.C. and the Oval Office

Jan 15, 2019, 6:07 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Hunter Renfrow recaps dream day in Washington, D.C. and the Oval Office ]

dgcannon39 = idiot.

I will really miss Renfrow

Jan 15, 2019, 2:54 PM

Where are all the African-American players?

Jan 15, 2019, 2:58 PM

Were there two segregated meetings with the president?

Re: Where are all the African-American players?

Jan 15, 2019, 3:18 PM

Good question! I'd like to see a group shot to see who was and wasn't there. I read there were 76 players there and there were 111 on the roster for this year. Also why didn't they visit the MLK Memorial especially in light of the fact that today is his birthday!

Nice post Null

Jan 15, 2019, 3:24 PM

Race baiter? That’s a legitimate sociological question.

Jan 15, 2019, 3:33 PM

Kind of like Constanza asking Susan that in a lesbian relationship on the dance floor, who leads?

Seriously, I’ve looked at every picture and going through the roster, I don’t see at least 50 AA players in any.

Re: Race baiter? That’s a legitimate sociological question.

Jan 15, 2019, 5:14 PM

You do know that the entire team was invited, right? Nobody left any AAs out or told them to stay home. If they weren’t there, it was their choice. And their loss.

Quit making it sound like someone deliberately left out the AAs.

I agree it was by choice(no pun intended). My point

Jan 15, 2019, 5:28 PM

is that it appears more than 75% of the AA players chose not to go.

You're only point is to attack Clemson, you and JD whatever***

Jan 16, 2019, 5:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nice post Null

Jan 15, 2019, 3:36 PM [ in reply to Nice post Null ]

What I post on a message board has very little influence on someone who is consciously aware of the current societal and political situations occurring in this country and are fully capable of making their own decision as to whether or not they wanted to attend the fast food feast at the White House (which by the way was built by African Americans).

Yeah I'd stay home too and protest the fact that I was

Jan 15, 2019, 3:41 PM

It’s not that dramatic. Staying home doesn’t necessarily

Jan 15, 2019, 3:49 PM

have to be viewed as a protest, and I’d say less than 10% of our AA players will earn tens of million dollars.

What about the rest that had over $100k of college and

Jan 15, 2019, 3:54 PM

Read this:

Jan 15, 2019, 4:02 PM

https://www.wbur.org/onlyagame/2018/12/07/bob-cousy-bill-russell-pomerantz

That's great. That was 60 years ago.***

Jan 15, 2019, 4:07 PM

How is that even remotely applicable?***

Jan 15, 2019, 6:48 PM [ in reply to Read this: ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2019, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Where are all the African-American players? ]

Very good observation! Honestly, I wish Dabo / Clemson administration respectfully declined Trump’s invitation. Trump has proven himself to be a morally sleazy person and he is not a good representative for people of color. He is a good president for conservative white people, but that’s about it.

If anything Clemson should have gone to DC to celebrate MLK’s birthday and visit the monuments and museums. Heck, they would’ve gotten better food than driving all the way to DC for fast food. If anything, Trump could have spent the same amount to have decent food catered

Message was edited by: clemsonmike85

Oh look another freshman with 3 posts***

Jan 15, 2019, 3:34 PM

Jan 15, 2019, 5:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Where are all the African-American players? ]

MAKING AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.... and I see your up on DC food prices, nice.

The point of the White House visit isn't the food

Jan 15, 2019, 5:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Where are all the African-American players? ]

It's to honor the team in a national spotlight and give them an opportunity that the average citizen will NEVER have, which is one on one time with the President.

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2019, 11:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Where are all the African-American players? ]

It's a buffoon like ClemsonMike85 who make every little detail into something political that ruin things for the majority of people who view sports as an escape for the daily negativity we see everywhere these days.

A laughable 49 tigerpulse and just a few posts has me smelling a coot just making trouble for his own pathetic jollies. FGF is a place I know you'll be more comfortable.

Black unemployment rate is at record low.

Jan 16, 2019, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Where are all the African-American players? ]

Trump is sleazy so he's not a good representative of colored people but he's a good president for white people? What a stupid, racist thing to say.

Under Trump's economic and trade policies, the unemployment rate for people of color is at record lows and median income is at an all-time high. The crime rate has also declined, after increasing under the latter Obama years. Trump may be childish, but his policies have been good for all Americans. Don't be blinded by your racism.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/07/black-unemployment-rate-falls-to-5point9percent-ties-record-low-hit-this-year.html

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckdevore/2018/09/28/trump-administration-touts-crime-rate-drop/#171579816543

Re: Black unemployment rate is at record low.

Jan 16, 2019, 5:06 PM

The point is Trump has no morals and the white conservative Bible thumpers love him. I know that's hard to stomach but it's true and is quite a juxtaposition. I mean seriously, why are predominately white born again evangelicals obsessed with a proven morally bankrupt individual who spends his days throwing temper tantrums on Twitter? Quite puzzling

And no Trump is not a good president for black people or any people of color for that matter. He feeds into people's fears that "muslims are terrorists", that "illegal immigrants are swarming across the border causing violent crime and trafficking drugs". He did the same in his inaugural speech when he portrayed inner city (black) neighborhoods as crime infested ghettos. He refuses to acknowledge police brutality on black people and the systemic issue of blacks being treated less than equal by law enforcement and the justice system.

Re: Black unemployment rate is at record low.

Jan 16, 2019, 5:11 PM

And Trump loves to take credit for black unemployment being at an all time low, but that is taken out of context. Spoiler alert! It is not due to Trump. Do your research, the reason black unemployment is so low is because of policies the Obama administration passed and we are just now seeing the effects from it.

Jan 16, 2019, 5:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Where are all the African-American players? ]

I totally agree

Jan 15, 2019, 3:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Where are all the African-American players? ]

They may have and Hunter just didn’t list everything they saw

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Jan 15, 2019, 5:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Where are all the African-American players? ]

They were hosted at a secret celebration in Wakanda

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2019, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Where are all the African-American players? ]

I saw a few in the pictures!!!! Um maybe they did go and it wasn’t listed or maybe because it was MLK Birthday the place was to crowded and they didn’t have time!!!! Just because it was his birthday though, doesn’t mean they had to go there!!!!
Geez, why does somebody have to always make something about race!!!!!! Some people just can’t stand the fact that the team went and had a good time, oh and also enjoyed the food too!!!!

Jan 15, 2019, 3:48 PM [ in reply to Where are all the African-American players? ]

so basically a race baitin, cotton pickin fool

I see one right beside Renfrow.

Jan 15, 2019, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Where are all the African-American players? ]

How could you miss that?

Re: I see one right beside Renfrow.

Jan 15, 2019, 4:41 PM

That's Republican Tim Scott

So he doesn't count or maybe only as a half***

Jan 15, 2019, 4:42 PM

He doesn't count

Jan 15, 2019, 6:07 PM

since the question was about black players, and last time I checked Tim Scott isn't on the team.

Jan 15, 2019, 5:13 PM [ in reply to Where are all the African-American players? ]

Yes. The muslims only visited when Barack Hussein was in office. Blacks only visited when Bill was in office

I look at it as the ones who were worthy and wouldn't embarrass Clemson made the trip

Jan 15, 2019, 7:45 PM [ in reply to Where are all the African-American players? ]

If you watched the meeting with Trump, at one point he was congratulating BV and they turned the cameras. Brent was in the very back of the room surrounded by the dline.

Jan 15, 2019, 2:59 PM

I hope everyone that is getting bent out of shape on one side or the other will read Hunter's take on the visit and embrace what he said. He has a very level head on his shoulders and who are we to say how they should have reacted. I think he summed the visit up very well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 30, 2023, 4:11 PM

+1. Put the brakes on this tripe. Renfrow again showing his character and how he was raised. This is a football/sports site not a political debate page. Take that junk out the door.

Jan 15, 2019, 3:12 PM

After reading Hunter's recap of the visit you realize what a great person he is and how much he thinks of this team and Clemson. This was a team function and those that chose not to participate inserted a big I right in the middle of the word team. Every person on the roster unless it was physically impossible should have gone. Sorry but that's the way I see it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2019, 3:35 PM

There will always be those that will play the race card when ever white's and Black's get together and come together as a team. Rest assure that those people are the blooded Racist, and they are happy when they can speak of racism within everything they do. Most racist have problems just dealing with life bc the better things in life wasn't gave to them, and working hard for what they want is simply out of the question, and it's so easy to blame racism for their own weaknesses!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2019, 4:08 PM

Racist hate hearing the truth also!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2019, 9:16 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Hunter Renfrow recaps dream day in Washington, D.C. and the Oval Office ]

Check mate, Allorange...!!!

Jan 15, 2019, 5:41 PM

So, when does the spin to this one begin?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2019, 6:56 PM

Man, some of you F****** people are idiots!!! Gotta turn something special into this. We are living the best time in Tiger history. Take a chill and pull your head out. Enjoy these times and respect what ALL our guys were able to accomplish. It will end one day.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ThX Hunter..You are truly a down to Earth Class Act Guy

Jan 15, 2019, 7:59 PM

and enjoyed your personal view of Washington, your teammates reactions & your feelings at the end of a long but super unreal career at Clemson!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GREAT recap by Hunter Renfrow. One in a million.

Jan 15, 2019, 9:31 PM

Dabo is such a great role model, as is Hunter.

GO TIGERS! So proud to be a Clemson Tiger!!!

I will miss Renfow. He is what college athletics should be

Jan 15, 2019, 9:45 PM

about. Thankful to have had the opportunity to watch him last few years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree 1000%

Jan 16, 2019, 8:38 AM

Hunter has made the most of the opportunity he was given to play football at Clemson while earning a degree from Clemson. He not only worked his butt off to earn a scholarship, he worked his butt off to earn a starting spot on offense! He has taken nothing for granted.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Replies: 57
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic