Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DRad - "we just have to understand that this year was really
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

DRad - "we just have to understand that this year was really

Mar 23, 2017, 4:05 PM

an anomaly"...kinda makes you go hmmmm...

a·nom·a·ly
noun
1. something that deviates from what is standard, normal, or expected

This year certainly didn't deviate from what is standard, normal for CU basketball under the Brownwell era. Maybe this year was an anomaly since it deviated from what most expected. Let's go with that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DRad - "we just have to understand that this year was really

Mar 23, 2017, 5:11 PM

I get your point but i think he was talking about the statistical probability of enduring that many close loses.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Mar 23, 2017, 5:30 PM

We have been this PITIFUL FOR 5 YEARS; why should it change??

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 23, 2017, 7:13 PM

Did you even read what he said?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He had his best recruit ever last year - Blossingame, and

Mar 23, 2017, 5:20 PM

still messed up! Feeling hopeless about BB.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He had his best recruit ever last year - Blossingame, and

Mar 23, 2017, 5:30 PM

all of us are!! until DRad is gone this what we will get!

Mar 23, 2017, 5:23 PM

Can I ask one thing? The local Anderson Independent Mail has asked for an interview with Drad. They told me so today. I'm just as curious as the fans in the lower part of the state. Why no local press conference or appearances on WCCP? Think about the questions that we all have. Was Brownell given any extension? Was the buyout altered? Without getting specific, did he make demands for changes on Brownell? All we want is the truth.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 23, 2017, 5:32 PM

why should BB make any changes??? Remember he is COMFORTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 23, 2017, 5:39 PM

Even in basketball eventually, the fans are going to want to see real progress. As we have seen,it's pretty hot this year. Imagine this time next year if it's not better. Brownell might feel comfortable but there is a real sense of urgency.

Mar 23, 2017, 7:15 PM

Public press conference. Oh the entitlement.

Regardless of my thoughts on the situation, CBB doesn't owe you $#1+...

It's already been far more public than any of the so-called basketball "fans" deserve. DRad has spoken about it multiple times and CBB has been on WCCP.

The problem is, unless he's prostrating himself before you, you won't be satisfied. Get over yourself.

Message was edited by: CtLiEgMeSrOsN®

Mar 23, 2017, 6:14 PM

Preach it Tigermaniac...nice

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 23, 2017, 7:08 PM

Next year anomaly 2.0

Can anomalies become Germans?***

Mar 23, 2017, 7:13 PM

Just have to "pretend" that this year was really an anomaly

Mar 23, 2017, 7:40 PM

Exchange the verb ... and it rings pretty true

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 23, 2017, 7:48 PM

Drad when was the last time we made the NCAA tournament? This past year was not an exception but a typical Brownell season. An abnormality would be 20 plus wins and a NCAA berth.

Mar 23, 2017, 7:50 PM

An abnormality (by the way the word was anomaly) would be you heading back to FGF and not creating your 46th username on tigernet.

Mar 23, 2017, 8:11 PM

My bad! An anomaly would be Brad Brownell having a 20 plus win season and us being in the Sweet 16. Look at his record . He has rarely won over 17 games a year and can't finish in the top 8 of the overrated ACC. I'm all Tiger and am tired of mediocrity in Tiger basketball. Drad gave him a lifeline despite the objections of many. The changes that Brownell makes will determine whether he is still coach at this time next year. 17 wins won't cut it next year. Let's see if it's in him.

Can't finish in the top 8?!? Eighth is his average finish in his 7 years here.***

Mar 23, 2017, 8:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Can't finish in the top 8?!? Eighth is his average finish in his 7 years here.***

Mar 23, 2017, 8:28 PM

I don't want to join the fight, but is that supposed to be a good thing or bad. Seriously can't tell

Re: Can't finish in the top 8?!? Eighth is his average finish in his 7 years here.***

Mar 23, 2017, 8:29 PM

I'm thinking it's more calling a troll a troll. No sane person is happy with the state of things. Some just choose not to act like whiny entitled ###### about it.

Correct.***

Mar 23, 2017, 8:50 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Mar 23, 2017, 8:38 PM [ in reply to Can't finish in the top 8?!? Eighth is his average finish in his 7 years here.*** ]

It has been pointed out on here that a lot of Brownells ACC victories are against lower division ACC teams. That's one thing. How many NCAA bids has he earned with those records? None! He got one bid with a talented OP team. He's had a easier way than former coaches because he didn't face every power twice. We are tired of mediocrity in basketball. He's got a new arena which Purnell never had. His problem is that his current assistants are average recruiters. Drad gave him another chance. It's up to Brownell to do what it takes to make next year a great season. Some young recruiters who can mix it up in the AAUs would bring in real talent. That's why we are looking for change immediately.

You're changing the argument. You initially said that Brownell can't finish in the top 8.

Mar 23, 2017, 8:53 PM

And I stated that his average finish is 8.

Re: You're changing the argument. You initially said that Brownell can't finish in the top 8.

Mar 23, 2017, 9:09 PM

Why one NCAA tournament then? It comes down to next season for Brownell. Can he become the recruiter that we need? Will he get better assistants? Can he win 20 games or more and make the tournament? His incoming class is his best but they are not impact players like most of the other ACC schools. Look at the 247 rankings. We will know this time next year if Brownell is still the coach . It will take a miracle if he is.

he's in major spin/damage control***

Mar 23, 2017, 8:53 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic