Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Finebaum has compltely walked back his negative
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Finebaum has compltely walked back his negative

Jun 9, 2020, 4:21 PM

reaction to Dabo's statement. He first did it on a morning show at about 10:30 on ESPN, then he did it again on his show at 3 p.m. with his first caller. HE explained that he slept on it, woke up and listened to it again and changed his view.

I think he was getting some pressure for basically calling Dabo a liar the previos evening. Also this morning on Packer's show, Packer nailed it. He did not mention names, but he said for any halfway intelligent person that was "baffled" about that statement, or "felt it fell short", that person simply has an agenda.

I really do not listen to Finebaum. His remarks yesterday were the first I've listened to since January. Today, I listened to the first call and that was all I needed. The first guy asked the same question I wanted someone to ask. He was from Georgia and told Paul that he listened to the entire 14 minutes and and wanted to know what Paul thought Dabo should have said and what was it the Dabo said that was wrong. Paul repeated what he said earlier in the day that he had a change of heart about the statement.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He even said he felt Dabo had put that story to bed.***

Jun 9, 2020, 4:41 PM

Re: He even said he felt Dabo had put that story to bed.***

Jun 9, 2020, 6:04 PM

Blowing off the "Football Matters" shirt is hardly putting it to bed. It was astonishing that a man like Swinney, typically on top of things, was so unaware of the juxtaposition of "Black Lives Matters" and "Football Matters" -- a shirt he wore within the last week of demonstrations. What he should have done was right out front acknowledge he had screwed up, apologize for it, and move on. Instead he has had a week of recruiters playing tapes for his recruits.

Jun 9, 2020, 6:08 PM

Idiot

Jun 9, 2020, 6:21 PM [ in reply to Re: He even said he felt Dabo had put that story to bed.*** ]

He didn’t blow it off, he explained it. Just because you didn’t like the explanation doesn’t mean he did anything wrong or needed to apologize.

Jun 9, 2020, 6:30 PM [ in reply to Re: He even said he felt Dabo had put that story to bed.*** ]

You guys are pathetic.....Get over it.......or shut up......Go Tigers!!!!

Jun 9, 2020, 6:33 PM [ in reply to Re: He even said he felt Dabo had put that story to bed.*** ]

Hey gridfan. FGF is still calling you.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 9, 2020, 6:33 PM [ in reply to Re: He even said he felt Dabo had put that story to bed.*** ]

The shirt in question was one he said he’s had for years. He said he was given it through the National Football Federation. Nike has similar shirts. To show how important the sport is in bringing young men together and being a part of something. Dabo wasn’t wearing it to make any kind of statement. I believe they said he was at a pool or something. Regardless, he shouldn’t have to apologize for wearing it, since it has nothing to do with the BLM movement!! When people get outraged over stupid #### like this, I know we’re in serious trouble. You’re probably a worm puller, anyway.

Jun 9, 2020, 7:51 PM [ in reply to Re: He even said he felt Dabo had put that story to bed.*** ]

Gridfan=MORON..understand the whole story before posting about said T shirt.

Idiot...

Jun 9, 2020, 8:03 PM [ in reply to Re: He even said he felt Dabo had put that story to bed.*** ]

He threw on a T-shirt and went to the pool. A T-shirt he and every other coach in the FBC and FBS has. Please keep stupid statements to yourself.

Jun 9, 2020, 8:10 PM [ in reply to Re: He even said he felt Dabo had put that story to bed.*** ]

Every time you post a message, you further remove all doubt.

It’s an Effin shirt I’m all for racial

Jun 9, 2020, 8:15 PM [ in reply to Re: He even said he felt Dabo had put that story to bed.*** ]

Equality but bein a little racial ##### and thinking everyone has to bow down is silly. I’m pretty sure blm stole that phrase from others anyhow

Message was edited by: morbidtiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 9, 2020, 8:37 PM [ in reply to Re: He even said he felt Dabo had put that story to bed.*** ]

@Gridfan I really hope you get bird flu and your kids never learn how to read...

Jun 9, 2020, 9:31 PM [ in reply to Re: He even said he felt Dabo had put that story to bed.*** ]

No No no. He shouldn’t have to apologize. That’s what’s messed up with this country. I know it starts with the snowflakes who make a big deal out of nothing but it gives them an even louder voice when you apologize for doing nothing wrong. All it does is give them what they want and every time somebody apologizes they win. Our nation is filled with such tender hearts it’s embarrassing.

He had better

Jun 9, 2020, 6:09 PM

glass houses.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Finebaum has compltely walked back his negative

Jun 9, 2020, 8:13 PM

He realized who his daddy was.

Walked back = Old comments of his posted worse

Jun 9, 2020, 9:19 PM

than anything Dabo has ever said. He gots caught

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic