Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Swinney on five-bomb pictures by Gamecock fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 53
| visibility 1

TNET: Swinney on five-bomb pictures by Gamecock fans

Nov 20, 2018, 11:38 AM

Swinney on five-bomb pictures by Gamecock fans

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney discussed in-depth about the rivalry game with South Carolina during his Tuesday press conference. Swinney was asked about past Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

eh, wished he woulda laughed it off

Nov 20, 2018, 11:41 AM

those type things make rivalries fun

Eh, Coach Swinney has more class

Nov 20, 2018, 11:44 AM

Than that trash in Columbia.. so there's that..

Re: Eh, Coach Swinney has more class

Nov 20, 2018, 3:22 PM

Trashy coots just raising their kids to be trashy, and with them the cycle never breaks. It's trash raising more trash, and if they are OK with that, then so am I. Their is one thing is this world that is very easy to do, and that is to just ignore it bc it all ends up in the city county dump where all trash goes. They are the ones that have to live with the trash they make!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Eh, Coach Swinney has more class

Nov 21, 2018, 3:33 PM

Tiger Nation has more class..that's why we are Tigers. Tiger fans do right thing when nobody's watching. That's why we're blessed. That's how we win.

nah, parents should never allow children to be disrespectful

Nov 20, 2018, 12:58 PM [ in reply to eh, wished he woulda laughed it off ]

to adults... rival or not... curmudgeon, POS or not... because none of us would want to see an adult deal with another person's child harshly so a child should never cross that line that may cause an adult who is not their parent, to deal with them harshly...

wouldn't it be bullying for an adult to smack talk and five-bomb a child? of course, so no child should cross that line into adult territory...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He essentially did laugh it off.

Nov 20, 2018, 1:05 PM [ in reply to eh, wished he woulda laughed it off ]

He said he will take a picture with anyone, Gamecock fans included, and doesn't care if they 5 bombed him or not.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: He essentially did laugh it off.

Nov 20, 2018, 4:00 PM

Absolutely, who does it make look bad, not Dabo, so surly it would have to fall back on the trash that allows that kind of BS from their kids. If a parent don't care about seeing the product they raise, why should anyone else. It's sad for sure when kids aren't taught better, but it starts with the parent first and continues in the cycle that the parent has chosen for them. The main reason that we see so many people killing other innocent people, it's bc the parents have never taught their kids to fear punishment for their actions. They either end up shot to death themselves, or they are living out the rest of their life with others just like them. And it's in prison they learn fear from their actions, but then it's to late for them, and they don't have guns in prison to protect them selves. And it's in their they wish everyday of their lives that their parents would have taught them to fear punishment for their action!!! There isn't any do overs once they have taken another persons life. They should have been taught when they were standing in front of their parents having a temper tantrum. If their parents would have tore that A$S up at that point and any time they had to do it over again, they wouldn't be in prison wishing that their parents had kicked their A$S when they were young enough to have put that stamp of fearing punishment in their minds!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2018, 7:59 PM

Ditto...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2018, 4:11 PM [ in reply to He essentially did laugh it off. ]

Think about the character of the man that is willing to accept all people, including coots. That is a true man in every way.

Go Dabo!

I think he handled it perfectly. He's a parent too.

Nov 20, 2018, 1:19 PM [ in reply to eh, wished he woulda laughed it off ]

I would NEVER allow my kids to do that. It's deceitful and dishonest. They could say "Go Tigers" or maybe something like that, but putting my kids up to playing pranks like that on other adults they don't know is not my idea of good parenting.

And I am glad Dabo made that dig.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Swinney on five-bomb pictures by Gamecock fans

Nov 20, 2018, 11:48 AM

Some of those kids are in college now. Wonder if any came to Clemson for the education instead of following some mis-guided family tradition. If so, bet they're embarrassed now.

Nov 20, 2018, 8:04 PM

I doubt they came to Clemson. They’re probably part of the Sate Fairgrounds Fight Club.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2018, 11:54 AM

THANK THE LORD THAT OUR PATRON SAINT DABO IS BEING SUCH A GOOD SPORT. THOSE COOTS ARE SO TERRIBEL!!! SAD!!!

Enjoy your week here ... Saturday will be kinda rough.***

Nov 20, 2018, 12:17 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank the Lord our Coach is Dabo and not the

Nov 20, 2018, 12:19 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney on five-bomb pictures by Gamecock fans ]

old, decrepit, washed up, scum bags and/or POS that your University of Second Choice selects as their head football coaches. When God gave us rivals, we hit the jackpot!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thank the Lord our Coach is Dabo and not the

Nov 20, 2018, 12:25 PM

Man, coot trolls coming out in every thread this week. "Patron Saint" is a red flag. All Dabo said was "I wouldn't let MY kids do that". The earth stood still. Jeeeeez.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thank the Lord our Coach is Dabo and not the

Nov 20, 2018, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Thank the Lord our Coach is Dabo and not the ]

The coots have always been an odd sort. I became a fan in the '80s and remember our first National Title. We ended up on probation so in a way we gave them ammunition to throw at us. They liked to talk crap when they beat every so often over the years. It went to a whole new level when they beat us 5 in a row. I had family and friends barking at me during that time period, but they forgot that I never said anything to them over the years when we beat them. I was in their crappy ### stadium to see 63-17 live and in person and took it in stride.

After the 5 year streak and listening to their mouths I am all for 50 point beat downs on a yearly basis so they can concentrate on women's Bball and horse jumping.

Dabo is too classy to ever retaliate to the coots for all the 5 bomb pictures, so we will do it for him. I will be there Saturday to watch our own 5 bomb drop right on their heads. Then I will hope like crazy for Akron to beat them in front of the 20,000 fans that show up in their stadium.

Nov 20, 2018, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney on five-bomb pictures by Gamecock fans ]

Just remember “This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this!”

and another coot with no purpose in life***

Nov 20, 2018, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney on five-bomb pictures by Gamecock fans ]

null

Message was edited by: drgwood83®

Agree, no need to 5-bomb them

Nov 20, 2018, 12:33 PM

I mean we’ve already missed out on all the tee shirts. Back to back, three peat, fear the thumb, high five.
Just means less. lol

I hope none of our fans start 5bombing, its a slippery slope

Nov 20, 2018, 12:44 PM

not a great tradition for us, pretty soon we'll run out of fingers.

Agreed. NO ONE wants to see an “11 Bomb”.***

Nov 20, 2018, 1:27 PM

null

Re: Agreed. NO ONE wants to see an “11 Bomb”.***

Nov 20, 2018, 2:58 PM

Lol, I think I know where you're coming from! ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hope none of our fans start 5bombing, its a slippery slope

Nov 20, 2018, 4:18 PM [ in reply to I hope none of our fans start 5bombing, its a slippery slope ]

Why would someone fivebomb a coot? You don't gloat an accomplishment over those more disadvantaged than yourself. Some poor Winthrop alum likely had to help them count to five... give those Winthrop folks some credit, they are fantastic teachers to coot babies.

We're better than you! And we know it!***

Nov 20, 2018, 12:47 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

5 BOMB only means we're half way there

Nov 20, 2018, 12:53 PM
ddp.jpg(55.7 K)

no need to celebrate something so mundane.

Re: 5 BOMB only means we're half way there

Nov 20, 2018, 2:43 PM

5 bomb is not in the same universe as 70 stars in the Tigers series crown. Just not enough fingers, toes, arms, legs, etc to do a 70 bomb or to even do the difference between 70 and 42 bomb. Tigers are just way past the bomb stage. Do they make rockets with 70 multiple warheads?

I would almost feel sorry for them, they have great support and claim

Nov 20, 2018, 1:04 PM

To be a football school....lol I'm shocked by how many losers they can pack in a stadium. They are the Tampa Bay Bucs of college football. I believe their only accomplishment of any kind was a acc Championship in 1969 at 6-4. It's hard to imagine that many fans holding on to '69. Just when you feel sorry for them you realize they have misery and want company. They wrote the book on excuses after mouthing a Championship every year only to become losers again.

Most of the fan base just wants Clemson and Georgia to lose like them. Texas a&m, Kentucky and now the mighty Tigers will all hold ?????????The five streak on the poor ole classless coots!! Ain't life Great!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

HA! They're not holding on to '69, they're holding on to

Nov 20, 2018, 5:43 PM

Bama's coattails... I can't think of any one original thought or deed that has come out of that program: Spurs Up was what Musky's wife said (she doesn't work for the school), 2001 and the smoke filled entrance was ripped off from Miami, their use of Sandstorm is a rip off of Va Tech's 'Enter Sandman', the waving of the white towels is a rip off of Penn State's 'whiteout', the extended pinky and thumb hand gesture is the old hawaiian Shaka sign...

all they know is living vicariously through others, which truly a pitiful existence...

Love that he said that. I think we should be better than

Nov 20, 2018, 1:23 PM

that.

If my kids took a picture with some coot player or coach I would tell them to be respectful. 5-bombing them is not the best form of revenge. The best way to get under that skin is by demonstrating that we are better than they are.

Lots of Clemson people behaved cootish during that 5 year streak, and I think the last thing we need to do is behave cootish during our own streak.

Re: Love that he said that. I think we should be better than

Nov 20, 2018, 1:42 PM

Your coach is no #### saint.

Maybe if he didnt act like a fool on his rant after loosing 3 straight our fanbase wouldnt have acted like that.

Re: Love that he said that. I think we should be better than

Nov 20, 2018, 1:47 PM

It is a bit odd that a school that just put a picture of a laptop on their play card to ‘troll’ NCST would claim to be better than the 5 bombing stuff.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

I don't blame you guys for not being able to understand

Nov 20, 2018, 2:07 PM

the concept of class.

Teaching your children to play a prank on adults who are trying to be nice to them, is an example of bad parenting.

If you guys put a picture of a gamecock cartoon kicking a tiger, on a sideline sign, that would not be a problem.

The picture of a laptop is simply one team trolling another.

Teaching your children to five-bomb is teaching a lack of respect.

Re: I don't blame you guys for not being able to understand

Nov 20, 2018, 2:51 PM

The classic “what we do isn’t classless but what you do is classless” argument.

An observation rather than an argument, but you're on the

Nov 20, 2018, 5:43 PM

right track. Bring your water bottles.

there is a very distinct difference in parents allowing

Nov 20, 2018, 5:53 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't blame you guys for not being able to understand ]

or even encouraging a child to play any prank to disrespect an adult. children 5 bombing other children is keeping people on their level because no adult would agree that an adult 5 bombing a child is appropriate... just like you would have thought Dabo to be disrespectful if he had refused to take the picture only because the children were fans of the rival...

Re: there is a very distinct difference in parents allowing

Nov 21, 2018, 3:37 PM

That's not how adulthood works.

You're usually expected to be more mature as you age. You're arguing the reverse that we should hold kids to higher standards than adults.

Think about that for a minute and get back to me.

Nov 21, 2018, 4:42 PM

So you're saying "let kids do whatever they want because they are just kids because when they become adults they will then know it was wrong"...Why does it not shock me to hear you say this....

Nov 21, 2018, 4:53 PM

Are your feelings really hurt by the 5 bomb photos?

I honestly can’t imagine being that thin skinned.

that's just your justification for inappropriate behavior

Nov 23, 2018, 8:44 PM [ in reply to Re: there is a very distinct difference in parents allowing ]

from children towards adults. children need to learn discipline and boundaries as they learn thinking for themselves... but like Dabo said, some people raise their children that way; I can only assume that you agree with raising your children in a way that they have no boundaries towards adults simply because they are children...

children need standards that are appropriate for them but they should always have a boundary that says, "respect your elders"...

and if you don't think that's how adulthood works, I would hope this forum is simply a place for you to be a troll rather than how you really feel about children and adult interactions...

This is why your fanbase's reputation is worse than ours

Nov 24, 2018, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Re: there is a very distinct difference in parents allowing ]

you guys don't have good parental values. Your excuse-making for such obviously low-class behavior is just the latest bit of evidence.

Trash exists on both sides... for sure. But you guys have more of it. The same things that lure people to prefer pulling for c*cks over tigers and over a gross campus over a beautiful campus, and choose losing over winning apparently overlaps with not knowing how to raise your children.

There is one record this Senior class doesn't have.

Nov 20, 2018, 8:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Love that he said that. I think we should be better than ]

> 82 is in play.

This made me so happy. Seeing coots crawl out from under

Nov 20, 2018, 2:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Love that he said that. I think we should be better than ]

the rocks really reminds me how fortunate I am to be drawn to something so much better quality.

We THOROUGHLY own you guys in every meaningful way. Thanks for coming by to remind us that you people are still out there. Bless your heart.

And you forgot that Dabo's rant was in response to

Nov 20, 2018, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Love that he said that. I think we should be better than ]

comments made by your coach.

Re: And you forgot that Dabo's rant was in response to

Nov 21, 2018, 9:23 AM

No. They were in response to comments made by the radio announcer.

Your fan base has always been like that...eons before Dabo

Nov 20, 2018, 2:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Love that he said that. I think we should be better than ]

ever played football, much less coached.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

So Swinney is not going to high 5 anyone during the game?***

Nov 20, 2018, 2:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What is a 5 Bomb?

Nov 20, 2018, 2:42 PM

Seriously. No idea what this means.

this...

Nov 20, 2018, 2:54 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Remember-that-girl-1854265?tstart=0

Very professional and class decision coach

Nov 20, 2018, 6:57 PM

And don't worry I will personally handle all the $h!t talking from here.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo Translation

Nov 20, 2018, 10:40 PM

Gamecock fans suck at football, parenting, and life. Why are gamecocks fans all so trashy and stupid you ask........well if they were smarter and less trashy they would be Clemson fans ??. They are bragging about a thumb....heck we are gonna start counting toes ??????

A 5-bomb is not really disrespect

Nov 21, 2018, 9:51 AM

Even as a Tiger fan, I though it was funny. All in good fun, and better than other stories of coot fans being nasty.

And Dabo, doesn't need to do it- leave it up to us fans!

Now go get that Thumb win!

it all depends on how you frame it...

Nov 23, 2018, 8:49 PM

if it's not disrepect, don't hide it... say, "hey Coach, can I get a pic with you and the 5-bomb?" Dabo being the guy that he is just might take the pic anyway, but at least he knows your intent and has a chance to choose to participate in it or not...

Replies: 53
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic