Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Have we gotten any player from the portal?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 895

Have we gotten any player from the portal?

Dec 19, 2020, 3:35 PM

I can’t think of any. Why is that?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Have we gotten any player from the portal?

Dec 19, 2020, 3:39 PM

No.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2020, 3:40 PM

Dabo does not believe in using junior college players and he also does not believe in bringing players in through the transfer portal. At Clemson it’s about culture which means you come in as a freshman and you develop in our program.

We strictly recruit players coming out of high school. I would like to see us take the occasional junior college player or transfer that would be the answer to our OL issues, but that’s not the way Dabo does it.

I think Dabo believes that even bringing in the occasional player that way could affect our culture and you don’t always know what you’re getting from an attitude standpoint from a predictability standpoint when you bring in that type of player. I don’t think doing it every now and then would hurt but I can certainly understand why he does what he does and we are extremely successful.

Dec 19, 2020, 3:43 PM

It appears that every other team, just reloaded every year while we suffer with developing talent. Fells like they are cheating to me, but it’s the rules and seems like this will hurt us eventually.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2020, 3:58 PM

What are you talking about? What rules? This is Dabo’s philosophy.

Other people are not cheating. They just have a different philosophy. Considering we have been the equal of Alabama the last 5 to 10 years I’d say Dabo’s philosophy is working pretty well!

I don’t think I have ever seen Alabama do anything different than us. Ohio state doesn’t do it often but Fields started out at Georgia and transferred to OSU.

Ask yourself this. Would you rather be Clemson or LSU? Last year‘s championship for LSU was because most of their star players were transfers. Sure, they won a national championship last year. Look at where they are this year.

It may be a good way to put together an individual team, but it’s not the way to build a stable long term successful program.

Message was edited by: Lowcntry_Tiger®

Message was edited by: Lowcntry_Tiger®

Dec 19, 2020, 3:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Have we gotten any player from the portal? ]

Agree. Dabo and Co. Brings in those they can evaluate . It would seem to be breaking trust with players to use the portal.

Dabo doesn’t take guys who didn’t

Dec 19, 2020, 3:41 PM

bloom where they were planted

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo doesn’t take guys who didn’t

Dec 19, 2020, 3:50 PM

Point.

That was hilarious but also 100% true!

Replies: 7
| visibility 895