Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hate all you want, but if Muscoot gets his D improved they
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Hate all you want, but if Muscoot gets his D improved they

Sep 3, 2017, 9:27 AM

will be a pretty good team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hate all you want, but if Muscoot gets his D improved they

Sep 3, 2017, 9:29 AM

Lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

do you recommend he gets one of those pumps

Sep 3, 2017, 9:31 AM

or buys the pills?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you are saying he will take them to new

Sep 3, 2017, 11:00 AM

heights?!?!?! LOL

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They'll be mediocre this year but continue to build

Sep 3, 2017, 9:31 AM

with great players we don't have room for.
Then good players may be drawn to them in future seasons as the team keeps improving.
The better Clemson is, the better it will be for Scar.
Thats their model going forward, and I expect they'll be a tough out in 2-3 yrs.

Message was edited by: soywaker®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: They'll be mediocre this year but continue to buuld

Sep 3, 2017, 10:58 AM

Thats a reasonable assumption.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2017, 9:32 AM

Yea we might only beat them by four or five tds this year

dead on^^^***

Sep 3, 2017, 9:35 AM

That game reminded me that mistakes and turnovers can lose a game

Sep 3, 2017, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Hate all you want, but if Muscoot gets his D improved they ]

Hopefully that doesn't happen to us this year. We will be in Columbia and I believe they will be amped up to play us. That game has always been able to go either way so I will wait and see how the cards play out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No sir. That game has not always been able to go either way.***

Sep 3, 2017, 9:46 AM

Re: That game reminded me that mistakes and turnovers can lose a game

Sep 3, 2017, 9:48 AM [ in reply to That game reminded me that mistakes and turnovers can lose a game ]

They have a few nice skill guys but their defense is still giving up an average of 300 yards a half. Bentley can't handle Clemson front four let alone coach V exotic blitz.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess I remember the NCST game and the PITT game

Sep 3, 2017, 9:55 AM

Can this team be what we saw yesterday each and every game? I don't know yet but I am glad you guys do. I can rest easy now

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The key to beating $CU

is taking advantage of what is widely regarded as a weak offensive line and pressuring Bentley.

Based on the hype of the State defensive front entering the season, I think its fair to say they failed miserably in this regard.

While I still don't think Bentley is a great QB, if given time to stand in the pocket, particularly against a poor NC State secondary, he's going to complete passes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I was not impressed. They had half the yardage NC state had. 250 yards of total offense... they had no run game whatsoever, and the vast majority of their passing was short yardage, and the one deep ball to Deebo. Deebo is impressive and the TE they have is pretty good. Otherwise I am not impressed.

South Carolina won that game yesterday because of turnovers, which admittedly were forced turnovers. It's the same way they beat UNC a few years ago, and the way they beat some of those Clemson teams during the 5 year stretch. The kick off return yesterday was crucial as well.

All we have to do is stop the run and prevent short passes like we did last year. Bentley won't beat us throwing down field.

^^^ Remind DaBO in Mid November!

Sep 3, 2017, 9:39 AM

TIA!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2017, 9:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Hate all you want, but if Muscoot gets his D improved they ]

Mark my words. This will be the best defense at Clemson since Venables arrived. Bentley has ZERO chance of having success against us. Furthermore, this "rivalry" won't be close for years to come

How good was their O & QB play - no, I didn't

Sep 3, 2017, 9:41 AM

watch the game - just saw a highlight - return for a TD. 7 points of spcl teams gaff by nc st

null

If I play the lottery I could be a Millionaire

Sep 3, 2017, 9:46 AM

That assumes that they're offense is pretty good.

Based on their rushing attack it doesn't look promising.

How exactly would Mushcoot improve their D anyways? They don't have any elite talent on that side of the ball. Period, of story.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If only the wuffies would have made that 24-yard fg...

Sep 3, 2017, 10:05 AM

They woulda won that game.

They SHOULDA won that game!!!!

THEY CHOKED!!!!

Just replaying all the loser sheet I've heard over the last year. That 33-yard FG turned into an extra point attempt by summertime. I'll keep shaving yards off the missed 29-yarder by work time tomorrow.

I'm not making a whole of this game. A win is a win and that's the goal of playing. Good for the coots. But it comes down to a 6-7 team beating a 7-6 from last year. Woo. Biggest accomplishment in the history of mankind. Sooo impressive. The coots now lead the series over the wuffies by 2 games. If that doesn't tell you how bad NCSt Football sucks, nothing will.

NCSt's claim to fame this year was "almost" beating Clemson and FSU and destroying Vandy in a bowl game last year. This reasoning sounds like coot logic/delusion to me.

Bottom line: both teams will have similar seasons again this year. They're mediocre. Average. Middle of the "pack" teams. The end.

~JKB

Sep 3, 2017, 10:05 AM

What everyone fails to mention is that State has an inexperienced secondary. Even with that SC could only muster 250 yards of offense. USuCk's D is atrocious. USuCk's team does not look much better than last year if at all. Joke Bentley looks above average against bad defenses just like last year. His passing can be attributed more to State's secondary sucking than anything.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2017, 10:07 AM

They were beaten everywhere but the scoreboard yesterday, gave up 504 yards and only gained 246.

Really? Did you see how gassed that entire team was in the

Sep 3, 2017, 10:55 AM

4th? This team will lose a lot of 4th quarter games because they have no depth, can't run the ball, and can't stop the run (most coaches would have packed the padding game away and pounded that D).

I'm not worried about a team who can't run or stop the run. You will see teams start to exploit both of those problems going forward. NcState played a very poor game and their playing calling was awful. I have no doubt the coots will lose to Clemson, UF, UGA, Texas A&M, Ark, and Tenn.

Mizzou put up 72 yesterday

Sep 3, 2017, 11:27 AM

Sep 3, 2017, 10:56 AM

If...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Calm down ,a 7-6 team played a 6-7 team

Sep 3, 2017, 11:01 AM

and the 6-7 won. It isn't much of a stretch. The preseason BS hype about NCS giving US(Clemson) any trouble was just that,preseason hype BS.

I tend to agree...

Sep 3, 2017, 11:29 AM

I think we were watching two mediocre 6 - 6 teams. If they played each other ten times, I think the final record would be 5 - 5.

NC State is probably the fourth best team in the ACC Atlantic behind Clemson, FSU, and Louisville and $CU is probably the fourth best team in the $EC-Least behind Tennessee, Georgia and Florida.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Pretty good by SEC East standards. Which still isn't that good.***

Sep 3, 2017, 11:03 AM

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Sep 3, 2017, 11:04 AM

What did you see yesterday to make you think they will be a pretty good team? Was it the 12 first downs and 246 yards of offense? Or was it the 504 yards they allowed defensively?

Asking for a friend.

null

Sep 3, 2017, 11:16 AM

By the time we meet in November, they will be beat down and demoralized.

I expect them to climb out of the SEC east cellar.

Sep 3, 2017, 11:36 AM

They make be ranked as high a fourth in the SEC east.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, but I don't see that D being good this year.

Sep 3, 2017, 11:38 AM

You are correct though in theory. I think they will be much better over the next 3 years, but we are at a completely different level. So they go 8-5 in 2 or 3 years...

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic